Things That Go Bump Ch 3 PG 13 Champagne Challenge

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Things That Go Bump Ch 3 PG 13 Champagne Challenge

Post by cassysj »

Part of this chapter is based on a session I had with a medium over fifteen years ago. The Philomena story is from my family. Some of it is based on my own spiritual and religious beliefs.

I do not own any recognizable characters no copyright infringement is intended.

Beth and Mick were driving to the fifth medium.

“They’re all quacks.’ Mick said “People can’t talk to the dead.”

Beth laughed. “I’m talking to you.”

Mick smiled. “It’s not the same. I’m……undead. I can’t believe that last loser. Your father’s name begins with a P…no T……no C.

“When you told him the name was Victor he changed it to your grandfather.” Beth said.

“Yeah, but my grandfathers were Emmett and Michael. Who is our next appointment?

“George Allerton at the Hampton Inn.”

Mick growled. “Why is he having us meet at a hotel? Is he so bad he can’t afford an office?

Beth was looking at the website “It says to put you in a comfortable atmosphere. He doesn’t want to be “fed” any information so he’ll only answer yes or no besides relaying what your loved on wants to say.

Mick scoffed. “That sounds vague.”

“Let’s be open-minded Mick because your apartment is over-flowing with makeup, clothes and scantily clad women.

“That’s not true. They all sleep in pajamas now.

Beth groaned. “Yeah, for role playing. I couldn’t sleep last night because “Daddy was handing out bedtime spankings.

“Josef has an active fantasy life.” Mick said.

“I think that’s great. I just want him to do it in his own house. I swear he wanted us to hear.

“Maybe he wanted us to join him.” Mick teased.

“I don’t perform for an audience. Beth said. “You’d do well to remember that.”

They went into the hotel and told the front desk they had an appointment. A few minutes later a woman came out offering them coffee or water and gave a brief explanation of the session.

“You may make an audio recording for your personal use but no video equipment.

Mick was surprised, most of the mediums said electrical equipment interfered with communication. “Doesn’t that damage the frequency the spirits talk on? He asked.

“Not at all. The assistant said. “Some people use that as an excuse for not getting any right answers. She knocked on a room door. When you go in just give him first names. I hope you get what you need.”

Beth and Mick exchanged looks. Other mediums guaranteed messages of love or hidden treasure.

They introduced themselves and George invited them to sit down. He explained there was no guarantee who would come. You may want to talk to Mom but Dad could show up, he had no control.

They sat across from him and he pulled out a blank page and started to draw circles. “This helps me concentrate.” Within ten seconds he said. “Mick, your mother is here.”

“Really? Does she know where Dad left the insurance policy? He said sharply.

“She says she understands now why she never saw you after your wedding. She forgives you.

“What’s her name?” Mick asked. “So I know it’s really her.”

“She says you have a fresh mouth and to tell you Philomena.”

Mick froze in his seat. Philomena was not his mother’s name but it was her confirmation name which wasn’t recorded anywhere not even in church records. He remembered when he was picking his own name she told him her story.

“Philomena is a dumb name Mom.”

Mickey I was living in the hospital for two years because of the rheumatic fever. One nun in particular was very kind to us and used to make up games we could play with the other kids in our beds. Sister Philomena died a week before my confirmation. The nuns suggested that some of the girls may want to take the name to honor her. I know all the boys are taking Matthew, Michael or John but think about Philip. St. Philip Neri was a practical joker like you. You shouldn’t follow the crowd Mickey.

Mick was surprised to feel tears well up in his eyes.

“There are others hear to speak to you…..May I continue?” George asked.

“Yes.” Mick’s voice croaked with emotion.

“I have someone named Tejada.”

Both Mick and Beth straightened in their seats.

“He wants to thank you for being with him at his last moments. He says if you hadn’t terrified him, he never would have asked for God’s forgiveness.

“Don’t tell me that animal is in heaven.” Mick mumbled.

“He has to atone many centuries before he can be in the presence of God but without you he would have been condemned. There is another person here desperate to speak to you.

“Go ahead.”

“It’s Ray. He says. “Thank you for leaving and making it easy on Lilah. I took good care of the boy. I tried not to blame him for his daddy.”

Mick had to speak. “Ray, he’s….

George interrupted. “He says it doesn’t matter. Until his dying day he thought it was your boy. He’s glad you gave him the gift of fatherhood because as much as they tried Lilah never got pregnant again. It doesn’t matter who made the DNA the child was created out of the love Lilah had for you.

Beth turned to Mick. “I think we have enough, don’t you?”

Mick nodded but George continued. “Beth, there is someone for you. His name is Josh and he wants you to know that the medic did the right thing. Prolonging his life in an unnatural way wouldn’t have made him happy. He’s glad you’ve moved on and he approves of the man in your life.

Beth covered her face and started sobbing. Mick put his arm around her to comfort her and then he said.

“Mr. Allerton?”

“George.”

“A friend of ours has an angry ghost in his house. Could we hire you to get rid of him?

“Earth bound spirits are in turmoil because they haven’t progressed. You can usually just tell them to visualize the light and they will leave.”

“This is an extreme circumstance. The person involved is a prominent member of the business community. This has to be handled delicately.

George looked him in the eye. “Is this person like you?

“What do you mean?”

“Is he an…….old soul? George asked.

“How did you know?

“The dead talk to me too, Mick. My mother told me to be very cautious today.”

“Will you help us? Mick asked.

“I won’t go to the house but if you bring your friend in I should be able to make contact. If it is a ghost he’ll be happy to have someone listen.
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Things That Go Bump Ch 3 PG 13 Champagne Challenge

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Ooooo... this is getting SO good! :twothumbs:

So they found a medium who's not a quack, and he had messages from beyond for both Mick and Beth. I'm sure they were not expecting that!

And I loved George calling Mick "an old soul." That is fitting, I think.

Can't wait for more! :reading:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Nothing like the peaceful release from a spirit on the other side....... :clapping:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ohhhh... those were all VERY special messages! I'm so glad Mick and Beth found George. :hearts: :hearts: I hope he can help them. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Cassy

This is just wonderful!

I think they are both convinced. Now, I am concerned with Josef's reaction. I don't want to see George wind up in the tar pits and I'm not sure that Josef will react in any other way.

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Cassy

When I posted the previous comment, a phenomenon occurred that results in a double post and I don't do anything different. It's some form of electronic hickup, but I read this story the next day so I edited copy.

LOVE Tejada's inclusion in the group of spirits who talk to Mick--it's just so darned redemptive and Mick's mom's confirmation name echos cases I have heard of when individuals make similar choices of confirmation names that are...unusual. Very nice! I hope George becomes a character we see again. Think of it as one, long, two part comment. You know. I talk a lot.

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Last edited by jen on Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

Great chapter, Carol! :rose: And how cool that it is based on one of your own experiences.

George certainly doesn't seem to be a quack. I really enjoyed hearing from Philomena, Ray, and Josh. I didn't expect Tejada to make an appearance. :snicker:

Hopefully George will be able to help get rid of Whitley's ghost. It sounds like Beth is ready for the freshies to leave the FoS. :laugh:

Thank you! :hearts:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

MLC - I wanted M/B to be completely convinced

Lucy - May we all be at peace on the other side

Alle - I wanted the messages to be something that couldn't be faked.

jen - I'm a big believer in redemption so I wanted to include Tejada My grandmother lived in a hospital from the time she was four until she was sixteen because of Polio. Sister Philomena was a nun that died around the time the bishop was coming for confirmation. My grandmother already had a long name of Madeline Elizabeth so adding Philomena to it was unexpected. I changed it to rheumatic fever because depending on the age a child was when they got it would depend on how long they would be bedridden or hospitalized. My mother contracted it at age 12 and it would have been about one year. If a child was younger it was longer.

Marigold - Beth wants her house back. :laugh:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

George is the real deal. I love the messages from the dead for Mick and Beth.

Return to “Things That Go Bump”