SB 05 - Waiting (Josef's POV) (PG-13)

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

SB 05 - Waiting (Josef's POV) (PG-13)

Post by francis »

Disclaimer: I don’t own anything, I just play with them.
Thank you to Eris for creating Karl. He speaks in this chapter, which is kind of OOC, but this is a very unusual situation for him.

Mick has all the fun in life. I am sitting here alone in his library and bored to death, while he is out playing detective with his human Blondie.

I have tried to read, but found nothing appealing to me. I raided Mick’s collection of CD’s, but Mick’s taste in music was somewhat contradictory to mine. After that I went through his bar and poured myself a scotch, and rearranged the empty and totally bootless glass thingies in his kitchen just for the fun of it. Then I layed down on his couch to catch up on some sleep, but it was too warm for my taste and I couldn’t find any rest. My thoughts began to circle again around the question who of my many foes had found such a colorful way to bring my life to an end, and who of them would go so far as to employ a human assassin instead of doing it himself. All of this lead to nothing.

I missed my blackberry. I couldn’t even make some deal or plan some meeting anymore. I turned on the TV set and searched for a channel with actual news, such as the state of the nikkei, but there was nothing worthwile on at the moment. Only mindless game shows, boring soaps, 24 hours news, animal documentaries and unrealistic fake reality shows. I longed to watch something entertaining, like a rerun of StarTrek or Prison Break or Moonlight, but nothing was on.

After two hours of running a hole through the carpet I gave up. I went into Mick’s office and dialed a number that I knew by heart. Karl immediately answered the phone. „Karl.“ One-word answer, as always.
„Josef here.“ I could hear him taking an unnecessary breath. „Are you all right, sir?“ he asked, speaking so low that a human wouldn’t hear him. Good boy.

„I am all right. I just have to hide until this is resolved. Are you alone?“
„No, sir.“
„Go somewhere else.“
I heard him obey without a single word. He never said anything more than necessary.

„I’m here, sir.“
„Karl, I want you to keep this a secret. Please drive Mira, Annie and Sweety to Mick’s loft. Don’t tell the driver, just do it yourself. Take the Bentley. Don’t tell them anything until you are alone with them.“
„Clear, sir.“ he hesitated.
„What?“ I was irritated. He never hesitated.
„I am glad you are alive, sir.“ he said, voice almost strained, and hung up on me.
He never hung up on me.
Had I offended him? Did I do something wrong?

No time to dwell on that now. I had a party to plan. Taking out some glasses and lining up the alcohol from Mick’s bar I grinned. The music problem would be solved as soon as Annie came in. She always took a CD-sampler with her. And when Mick came back he would probably be thirsty and I could taunt him with one of my girls. Mira was a beautiful brunette. This was gonna be fun.
Last edited by francis on Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mitzie
Courtesan

Re: SB 05 - Waiting (Josef's POV) (PG-13)

Post by mitzie »

I sooo love Josef!! Great chapter!!

Off to read more!

mitzie
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Classic Josef!1

And again, you point out with humor the things we think about:
rearranged the empty and totally bootless glass thingies in his kitchen
Exactly? What are those things and why are they there???
moonshine
Freelance freshie

Post by moonshine »

oh this is so nice! I really enjoy to read what could have happen with Josef when we were watching Mick and Beth :clapping:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you for reading! Yes, Fleur, what was the purpose of these glass thingies anyway? :bulb:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I love this--Josef being Josef, and finding ways to occupy his time. :snicker:
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Oh my... Karl was going to cry!

That Josef is such a naughty boy, what was he thinking with the girls?!
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you, allegrita and Luxe.

Karl is such a big guy, but to lose Josef was affecting him in his own way.
Maybe I should write a scene of when Josef comes back... :chin:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This is a great!! A change on what ! remember from the scene with the girls at the loft. One of them said, 'Love your place' to Josef when they were leaving making me think that they didn't know that Mick's loft didn't belong to Josef's. The fact that they were Josef's freshies makes the call safer.

I really hope the next scene where Mick reads Josef the riot act and Josef shows a little vulnerability is still around. Looking forward to seeing your take on it.

Great job!!!

Thanks!!

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you, jen. I think the freshies were mistaken, thinking Josef just invited them to another of Josef's properties. He must have just told them he was hiding, not revealing anything else, and they jumped to conclusions. That's why they were so baffled by Mick's reaction.
Josef totally created that awkward scene by using Mick's place and Mick's time and Mick's nerves like they belonged to him. He took Mick for granted. I guess he couldn't help himself, but later regretted it. Mick was so supportive of his friend, and hurt by his obvious non-gratefulness.
Thank you for reading and commenting on all the chapters!! :heart:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Well, Josef shows us the purpose of those glass thingies..they are to be rearranged when a vampire is bored to death...Give him a blackberry, for god's sake ,before he makes more damage! :hearts:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .

Return to “Sleeping Beauty Revisited”