Veronica Mars - The Movie

r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Veronica Mars - The Movie

Post by r1015bill »

So who's going tomorrow? I've discovered a bunch of Veronica Mars fans at work and we're all going to the 4:30PM show. Should be fun!!!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I'm going tomorrow at 5:30. I haven't read or watched any interviews, no spoilers.

Looking forward to it.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Aggievamp and I are actually in the theatre (great seats, btw!), with about half an hour to go for the fan event screening. Lots of loyal marshmallows in attendance!

I promise, no spoilers. :teeth:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Eeeeeee!! :hyper2:

I hope you gals have a fabulous time! :ghug:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

And I'm at the Dolby Theater, waiting for the panel to start! Lots of Kickstarter t's and "Team Logan/Piz/Mars/whatever" t's in the audience. :teeth:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

:hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :heart:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Is it a spoiler to say, it's TERRIFIC?

All the Jason fans are going to cheer--he hit this one out of the park!

:heart: :heart: :heart:

:hyper2: :hyper2: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Yay!! :yahoo: :smooch:

Paley is live-streaming: http://media.paleycenter.org/paleyfest-live-stream/

:hyper2:

ETA: OMG - this is hilarious! :rolling: :rolling:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I'm home from the panel, and it was SO DARNED FUN!!! :hyper2: :highfive: :happysigh: :cheering: :yahoo: I'm sorry, I can't tell you much about it, because it was just so free and easy and fun and inspiring and friendly and appreciative. Seriously. Everyone on the panel (Rob, Kristen, Jason, Enrico Colantoni, Chris Lowell, Ryan Hansen, Percy Daggs, Francis Capra, and Tina Majorino) spent some serious time thanking the fans and expressing their appreciation for what the VM fans have accomplished and demonstrated about the positive power of devoted fandom.

It started off with a screening of the "Making Of" documentary that will be a part of the DVD/Blu-Ray release. I was so moved by the intensity of fan appreciation, and also the depth of the VM folks' appreciation of the fans! In fact, Rob said that it was because of the Kickstarter fans that he wrote the script he did. Leading up to this amazing Kickstarter event, he was still imagining Veronica in the FBI. But after the Kickstarter thing, he realized that what the fans wanted most was to see as much of the cast back together as possible. And he set about to make that happen. For us. Because he's awesome.

I have to say, my appreciation for Kristen Bell has skyrocketed since this whole project took off. I didn't really know that much about her before. But she is Real People, folks. She's an awesome individual, and I really respect her. :notworthy:

I took a bunch of pictures and I will try to go through them and share soon. But the evening was awesome. Topped off by a very nice (and tiny) conversation with Jason, and then as I was driving out of the parking structure, who walked right past my car but Dominic Monaghan!!! :cheering:

Did I mention that it was a fun evening? :teeth:

Oh, and Rueben and Tink say hi to everybody. :wave:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I am so happy for all of you who backed the movie and now get the just rewards and so much fun out of it! :rose: :cheer: :ghug:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Alle, I'm SO glad you had fun! And how wonderful that you got to say hi to Jason! :hearts: What a sweetie. :happysigh:

When I got up this morning, I checked iTunes right away. Not only is the movie available --- it's already in iTunes (Movies) Top 10!! :yahoo: :cheering: :woohoo:

ETA: When I posted an hour ago, it was #10. Now it's #8. :teeth:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Lilly wrote:Yay!! :yahoo: :smooch:

Paley is live-streaming: http://media.paleycenter.org/paleyfest-live-stream/

:hyper2:

ETA: OMG - this is hilarious! :rolling: :rolling:
Darn! I had company last night and missed it. It looks like they live stream everything now so maybe I'll watch Orange is the new Black tonight.

If anyone finds a video of the Veronica Mars session, please post!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

r1015bill wrote: If anyone finds a video of the Veronica Mars session, please post!
Sorry you missed it, Rhonda. :comfort2: I'm hoping that the Paley Center may put the video up of their site. :fingerscrossed: I'll be watching for it. :thumbs:

In other news... Veronica Mars is now up to #4 on iTunes Top Movies!! :hyper2:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Woo-hoooo! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
clair
Rogue vampire

Post by clair »

Just got back from the first showing. I won't say anything except the entire cast did a bang up job and Rob knows his characters. I felt like it was old home week and so I don't spoil anything that's all I'll say. :)
ImageImageImage

Return to “Past Projects”