UG/#2 Slow Ride-Ch Ch #149: Unfinished Business PG13

A place for Lucy's G to PG-13 stories
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: UG/#2 Slow Ride-Ch Ch #149: Unfinished Business PG13

Post by cassysj »

This is really fantastic. I was completely caught up in the story and then at the end I was :Mickangel: until I saw TBC :teeth:

Great story.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

cassysj wrote:This is really fantastic. I was completely caught up in the story and then at the end I was :Mickangel: until I saw TBC :teeth:

Great story.

Thanks, Carol! :notworthy:
Sometimes I have a dilemma of where to break...and I hoped to build some momentum for a good finish! :thanks:
Lucy
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

This story, especially the start of it, really put me in mind of Dylan Thomas . . . and not just because of the nightjars! This is probably my favorite line in the whole story . . . .
Mick had leapt there when the sanity had leaked out of his night.
What an amazing way to show us Mick's state of mind at the beginning of this story! Part of me agrees with allegrita . . . come on, Mick, get down out of that tree and talk to Beth about what you're feeling! But on the other hand, this is Mick and this is how he's coped with things for most of his life. At a difficult moment, it's only too easy to see how he might revert to old habits, watching people from afar and looking in on their lives from the outside.

It took me a couple of readings to notice how very apt Guillermo's comment here was . . .
G’s brow arched, “As in borrowed one of those Men in Black pens and erased Talbot’s memory? That was the clean-up you needed my man.”
I finally remembered how much time Guillermo spent in movie theaters, because of how cold they were! How natural that he would come up with an analogy like this one when talking about Talbot. I wonder if a lot of vampires become movie afficiondos for this very reason.

There is something so hushed and calm near the end of the story when Mick is watching Beth on the glider. The sound and motion of the glider even seems to soothe his troubled mind.
The sturdy piece of furniture moved back and forth in a gentle horizontal motion, the rocker arms of the glider had mimicked the rhythm of the song at half time....
I simply love the image of Beth so calmly reading on the glider. Can't wait to see what is going to happen next . . . we've gotten to the Fordhams by the TBC, so will Mick get to find out the history of the glider? I adore how this bit of furniture seems to have captured his attention, even though he doesn't yet know anything about its past.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Oh, you find the kindest words! Yes if you find a film buff you might find a vampire!
Mick is struggling.......I hope when it all plays out it comes to a good end. :howdy:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I missed this the first time. Wanted to give this a bump

Return to “Lucy's Office”