Interview of Alex by Pauly Shore

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Interview of Alex by Pauly Shore

Post by francis »

Thanks to the folks at alex-o-loughlin.net I found this 40 min long audio interview that Pauly Shore did with Alex O'Loughlin. It's a beautiful talk if you don't mind crude language (mostly on Pauly's part) and want Alex to remember the old times. Sadly he doesn't mention Moonlight at all, but he has fond memories of August Rush. He talks about his career and how he got his education and a bit about friends and his family. At first Pauly messes up his name and they make a bit of fun about that but later it turns quite serious and substatial as soon aus Pauly lets Alex talk without interruption.
:hearts:

http://podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/ep ... pid=495297
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Interview with Pauly Shore

Post by allegrita »

Thanks for posting the link, francis! :hug:

Warning: as francis said, this interview has some extremely crude language in places. It's definitely NOT safe for work. And unfortunately, Pauly Shore didn't seem to have any idea as to who Alex is, not to mention not being able to remember his name--even after repeated reminders. But if you hang on past the first 8 or 10 minutes, it gets really good. In my opinion, Pauly Shore is a horrible interviewer, and the only reason it was a good interview is that he finally shut up and let Alex talk. :eyeroll: On the other hand, it was lovely to hear Alex reminiscing about his background, and he told some cool stories.

There are no H50 spoilers in the interview. Pauly S. did mention that he was filming a guest shot on the show, but no details were given about the episode.

ETA: I've changed the topic title to include Alex's name, since I realized that it wasn't obviously about Alex when the thread was viewed in Active Topics. :thumbs:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Interview of Alex by Pauly Shore

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

On the raunchy side for my taste, but some good tidbits from Alex.

And as much as other interviewers/reporters have messed up his last name, I had never heard anyone actually drop the "O" before. Sheesh.
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
Kee
Fledgling

Post by Kee »

I just don't understand why Pauly Shore feels like he needs to swear a lot.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I don't see why Pauly Shore is in the public eye at all. I thought his 15 minutes of fame were up a couple of decades ago.
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

librarian_7 wrote:I don't see why Pauly Shore is in the public eye at all. I thought his 15 minutes of fame were up a couple of decades ago.
Agreed. But he is a friend of Peter.

I have been reading the transcription on the Intense Study site which I assume has been cleaned up. Just with the words, he sounds a bit bewildered just trying to follow where Pauly is going.

https://alexoloughlinintensestudy.wordp ... y-shore-1/
https://alexoloughlinintensestudy.wordp ... aulyshore/

From the transcript, it seems he somehow got stuck doing this because Scott backed out. But I am hoping that David Blue calls Alex and says he has no excuse not to do David's podcast since he did Pauly Shore's. Surely David's podcast would talk more about Moonlight.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

This was just.... :shrug:

I'm hoping that this was a case of Alex adapting to the situation. I'm choosing to believe that Alex didn't mention Moonlight because he didn't want it subjected to this idiot's commentary. That may not be the case, but that's how I'm going to look at it. :nonono:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Lilly wrote: I'm choosing to believe that Alex didn't mention Moonlight because he didn't want it subjected to this idiot's commentary. That may not be the case, but that's how I'm going to look at it. :nonono:

We'll go with that, because it's comforting! :teeth:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

I read some of the transcript and if that is the 'cleaned up' version, I'm glad I didn't listen to it. What a waste. It didn't do either of them any favors.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Lilly wrote:This was just.... :shrug:

I'm hoping that this was a case of Alex adapting to the situation. I'm choosing to believe that Alex didn't mention Moonlight because he didn't want it subjected to this idiot's commentary. That may not be the case, but that's how I'm going to look at it. :nonono:
Αnd most probably that is the reason why Scott avoided to do this podcast... :shrug:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .

Return to “General Discussion”