Jealousy - A "Between the Lines" Drabble -PG-13

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Jealousy - A "Between the Lines" Drabble -PG-13

Post by librarian_7 »

So, I've been going back through the old jigsaw puzzles, and I ran across one by Pgal, from The Ringer, that was Mick, looking about as smug as a cat with cream on his whiskers. And I thought, you know, I might take a stab at what was going through his mind at that moment. Thanks as always to Allegrita, for advice and beta'ing!

Jealousy

A Between the Lines Drabble

“You’re jealous.”

Man, as soon as the words leave my mouth, I want to call them back. Of all the stupid things to say. I know it’s true, though. The way she talks about Morgan oh-so-casually, that nervous hand in her hair, and surely she realizes that the faster beat of her heart and that pretty rush of blood to her cheeks are as plain to me as the headlines on Buzzwire.

It feels good, thinking that she’s jealous. Makes me feel – warm. Like sunlight.

I smile. If she denies it, it’s going to be a lie.

“Don’t flatter yourself.”
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Jealosy - A "Between the Lines" Drabble -PG-13

Post by francis »

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
I love how you made this little moment come alive again after all this time.
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Spot on! :twothumbs:

And I loved the way he said, "You're jealous."

Thanks for sharing!
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

When I read this, I got the biggest smile on my face. :cloud9: I love that scene so much, with the knee-bump and that awkward, oops-I-put-my-hand-on-your-hand moment. :laugh: Your drabble puts into words everything behind that smug smile on his face. Of course that's what's going through Mick's mind. It's perfect! :rose:

My favorite part is where he mentions feeling warm, like sunlight. It gave me a little pang of sorrow for him, because even the lightest moments are tinged with regret for our angsty vamp. :Mickangel:
maggatha3
Ancient

Re: Jealousy - A "Between the Lines" Drabble -PG-13

Post by maggatha3 »

Oh how I loved it! And now my heart is beating faster too!
:rose:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Lucky, I can distinctly remember watching this exchange in the episode and feeling mortified for Beth that Mick called it so casually. Interesting to see it from his point of view. Even he seems to think his pronouncement too bald. I hadn't considered before that his vamp senses would have nailed her to the wall no matter what her reply. Thanks. An enjoyable reminder of my favorite show.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

allegrita wrote:When I read this, I got the biggest smile on my face. :cloud9: I love that scene so much, with the knee-bump and that awkward, oops-I-put-my-hand-on-your-hand moment. :laugh: Your drabble puts into words everything behind that smug smile on his face. Of course that's what's going through Mick's mind. It's perfect! :rose:

My favorite part is where he mentions feeling warm, like sunlight. It gave me a little pang of sorrow for him, because even the lightest moments are tinged with regret for our angsty vamp. :Mickangel:
Lucky, what a great drabble! And I concur with everything Alle said! Of course this is what Mick was thinking just then!
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

A good drabble is like a little jewel. Every word is important, and they have to be chosen carefully. But it won't work if it feels too artificial. This is the perfect example of a really good one. It feels totally natural, and the words flow just as if we were hearing a Mick voiceover. All the care you took to craft your little jewel is unnoticeable, and we get to enjoy it in its apparent simplicity. :rose: Masterfully done, Lucky. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Return to “Drabbles and Short Pieces”