Shadows of the Past: Chapter 6 (PG-13)

A place for Kelly's G to PG-13 stories
Kelly
Rogue vampire
Location: Lost in a daydream...I think Alex is in here somewhere too.

Shadows of the Past: Chapter 6 (PG-13)

Post by Kelly »

Disclaimer: I own no recognizable characters, sets, etc.
Rating: PG-13
Characters: Mick, Beth, Josef, Simone, OC
Warning: First fic alert! Terribly contrived...lol

Shadows of the Past

The past is our definition. We may strive, with good reason, to escape it, or to escape what is bad in it, but we will escape it only by adding something better to it. ~Wendell Berry

When Lauren regained consciousness, she found herself in Mick’s car, her head resting on the soft leather interior. Mick was standing over her, a look of concern upon his face. “How long was I out?” she asked.

“Just a few minutes,” Mick answered, “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine,” she responded, “The stress…Iguess it was too much.”

“Well, it’s understandable,” Mick ‘s gently voice was reassuring to her, “What do you say, I take you home? I think some rest would do you good.”

“Alright,” she replied, “Ben’s probably worried sick about me anyway.”

Mick pulled his car up outside Lauren’s home. It was small, but kept up nicely. He noticed Ben sitting on the porch steps. Mick and Lauren exited the car, and Ben walked over to meet them. He didn’t say a word, just embraced his sister.

“I’m so sorry for running off,” Lauren’s words were muffled, as her face was buried in the fabric of Ben’s jacket.

“It’s okay,” Ben said, stroking her hair softly. After a moment, he reached out a hand to Mick, “I’m sorry we didn’t get a chance to properly meet earlier. It’s Mick, right?” Mick nodded in response. “Ben. Look, I want to thank you for watching out for her.”

“No problem,” Mick replied, “I can relate to what you guys are going through.”

“Well, thank you anyway, Mick,” Lauren said, “I really appreciate all you did for me. Would you like to come in for awhile?”

“Actually, I really should be going,” Mick replied, “But thank you anyway.” He turned and climbed into his car. Before he drove off, he glanced back to see Lauren waving, and he smiled to himself.

Two weeks had passed since the day her mother had passed away, and, while she still missed her terribly, Lauren had begun to recover pieces of her old self. Going to meet her father, however, had been put on hold. Lauren never spoke of it, so Mick never brought the subject up. Nonetheless, they had plenty of opportunities to do so, as since that day, Lauren had begun to rely on Mick for support. Strangely, however, he didn’t mind. Lauren had a way about her that fascinated him, and, despite his better judgement, he had become quite fond of her. The more time they spent together, the more Mick began to understand her. Her love of life, as Mick discovered, was more than that of anyone else he had ever met. However, he couldn’t help noticing that the more time passed the darker her thoughts became. One beautiful summer day, Mick and Lauren sat quietly on a bench in the park they had visited the day her mother had died.

“What do you think it’s like, Mick?” her question broke the peaceful silence.

“What?” Mick asked.

“Death,” she replied. Her question startled him, but the irony of it was what really struck him.

“I don’t know,” he answered, “There’s no way to be sure.”

“It must be horrible,” she continued as if she hadn’t even heard him.

“Why do you say that?” Mick asked.

“The thought of losing all this,” she motioned to the beautiful landscape, “would be unbearable. I can’t even imagine it: to never feel the wind on my face, or hear the birds singing in the early morning. These are the things that make life beautiful. Sometimes when I’m alone, I start to wonder if anything else really matters.”
Thanks SirenSong for the gorgeous MickCora tag

"Life is measured not by the number of breaths you take,
but rather by the number of moments that take your breath away.
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Re: Shadows of the Past: Chapter 6 (PG-13)

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Okay. This is not looking good for Lauren.
Not at all.
Kelly
Rogue vampire
Location: Lost in a daydream...I think Alex is in here somewhere too.

Post by Kelly »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:Okay. This is not looking good for Lauren.
Not at all.
You're very perceptive. ;)
Thanks SirenSong for the gorgeous MickCora tag

"Life is measured not by the number of breaths you take,
but rather by the number of moments that take your breath away.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

What is up with Lauren? She isn't in a good place, and I have the feeling it's getting worse.
(And where the hell is Beth? :snicker: )
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

These are not good signs from Lauren. You have coco worried. :eyes:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Why am I still worried about Mick. He's fine. I probably should be worried about lauren. Does she need to find her birth father for a medical reason

Intriguing start.

Thanks, Kelly!

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix

Return to “Kelly's Office”