Your List

Ella713
Courtesan

Your List

Post by Ella713 »

I was wondering how everyone would respond to this.

1. What was your favorite episode of the series and why?
2. What was your favorite funny moment from the series?
3. What was your favorite WTH! moment?
4. What moment made you cry like a baby?
5. What was your favorite moment that made you jump up and down with glee!

who wants to share their favorite moments in the show? :clapping:
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Re: Your List

Post by Catmoon »

Ella713 wrote:I was wondering how everyone would respond to this.

Cool idea!

1. Fever is probably my fav. It was in the 'good old days' of the series. Who wouldn't like an ep where Mick got to bite Beth? :winky:

2. Not sure if I have one favorite moment. I loved all the humorous banter between Mick and Beth. That's what hooked me into the series, from the first episode.

3. Coraline being alive certainly was a WTH moment.

4. I don't remember ever crying, but the very end of Sonata had me a bit emotional... No, that was just something in my eye, really. That was the good way. For the bad way... Mick's heartbreaking angst when Josh died and Beth hated him for not turning him. Ouch!

5. Up and down with glee... The ending of course, with Mick and Beth finally together! So many series end horribly. They love to kill off fans favorite characters these days (I hardly even watch much TV anymore because of that). It was awesome -- and we were incredibly lucky -- Mick and Beth got their happily ever after. That's a rare thing. You have no idea.

I'm sure I've forgotten a lot, but maybe other's answers will refresh my memory. It's been a long time since I've watched the show.
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Ella713 wrote:I was wondering how everyone would respond to this.

Hmmmm.........my favorite?

1. Fated to Pretend because I was freaking out over Mick being mortal again!
2. In Sonata when they are going to free Emma Monaghan and Logan screams "Leroy Jenkins!" and runs in front of the vehicle! (If you play World of Warcraft then you know why this is hysterical!)
3. Finding out the doctor in Fated to Pretend was a vampire!
4. The ending of Sonata. I cried but they were happy tears!!
5. When Mick finally asked Beth out on a date and the look on her face made me jump for joy!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oooh! I'm going to have to think about this one. :chin:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Okay! Here are my picks. Mind you, tomorrow I might pick entirely different things. There were that many amazing scenes and moments in each episode. :heart:

1. What was your favorite episode of the series and why? I keep bouncing between Out of the Past and Fever. I really hated the Lee Jay character, and Fever inspired my very first fanfic... but OOTP has that amaaaaazing ending. So I guess that OOTP just barely edges out Fever, for the "I'm a vampire" scene.

2. What was your favorite funny moment from the series? Oh, man, that's a really hard one! The thing that comes to mind right off the bat is Josef's hilarious scene with Mick at Hank Mottola's house. His awkward jump to the roof, bouncing on the bed, dissing the furniture... it's all priceless Josef. :snicker:

3. What was your favorite WTH! moment? The shower scene in B.C. In fact, the whole Beth-saunters-in-and-ties-Mick-in-knots part of that episode. I didn't know Beth had it in her. And I didn't know Mick had so much self control. :melts: :melts: :melts:

4. What moment made you cry like a baby? Well, of course, the end of Sonata. But I was crying because I knew the show wasn't coming back. Aside from that, I think the ending of Fever got to me the most. That scene where he and Beth were leaning against opposite sides of the door, with so little but SO MUCH separating them. :hankie: Of course, then there's the entire last half of LLF. Geez, how do you choose between those moments? Ummmmm.... nope, I'm sticking with Fever, because I loved that episode so much, and it was the acting that tore my heart out--not the tearjerker plot.

5. What was your favorite moment that made you jump up and down with glee! The kiss in the parking lot at the end of Arrested Development. That astounded, hopeful, totally human little grin on Mick's face as Beth ran away. It just melted me. :cloud9:
MoonMarg
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonMarg »

Oh this is so hard lol! I think I'm going to have to re-watch the series to answer the questions!!
aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

Loved everyone’s answers. My very favorite scene in the series was when Beth sees Mick for the first time as an adult. That “you tell me” makes me swoon every time! My favorite episode has changed over the years because I have at least one awesome scene in every epi. The parking lot kiss!! There are so many things...
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
ArcticAngel
Mortal

Post by ArcticAngel »

Fated to pretend and 12:04 am. 1st because Mick gave up being human to save Beth's life and 2nd because Beth finally found out who Mick is and Mick chopped off someone's head to save her life
Mostly every scene between Mick and Josef they drive each other nuts but they're best friends who will kill for each other
Coraline coming back as a human and Beth stabbing her
Josh dying and then Beth screaming at Mick to turn him and then saying how if it were me would you have saved me and him admitting he didnt know what he would do
Mick and Beth first kiss!
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

I need to give this some thought, for sure! We're out of town this weekend, but I'll get to this soon after!

I'm loving everyone's answers!

:mooncat:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Um, the one's where they had Alex O'Loughlin, Sophia Myles, and Jason Doering in the credits. Seriously, it's a toss-up between episode 2 and "Sonata" Episode 2 because the "I'm a vampire" scene nearly did me in. Sonata because - Oh, for so many reasons. the Monahans, Mick and Beth switching places, him pulling her in and her pushing him away and then finally the both of them pulling it together

Ooh, I loved the banter between the boys. Nonfat soy vegan blood, "I was going to suggest you ask her nicely - but fielder's choice"... Actually, the scene where Mick introduces Beth to Josef and Rider, was hilariously awkward and Beth decided to have a little fun with it. Shameless Plug Alert: That was the topic of "Whatever I Want", one of my fics.

Two words, Moonlight math

That whole re-turning scene in Mick's apartment from the time Josef tried to stop Mick from going after the vamps through the single tear. :hankie:

The kiss.

And because I'm an overachiever, my favorite "Hottie Mick Hottie" moment was the 80's freshie club - You know, Hungry Like the Wolf - Day-Um!
Feel free to add your favorite Hottie Mick Hottie moment - Or Hottie Josef Hottie moment, if you're so inclined. Fielder's choice. :winky:
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

I'll give it a shot.

1. Favorite Episode. Fever. The sly looks between Mick and Beth at the beginning when Mick fixes the coffee and Josh is rambling on about the case. Mick protecting Leni and not wanting to hurt Beth. Beth insisting she wants to feed him. Delicate flower. Mick biting Beth. The half smile Mick gives Beth while she's on the floor with a bloody towel on her wrist and he's hugging Leni. Beth's fake smile to Josh when Josh says "we make a pretty good team" knowing she had said that to Mick, and the look on Beth's face when Josh kisses the wound on her wrist. The ending with Mick's VO as he and Beth stand on opposite sides of the door. Oh, and Mick in a baseball hat. :laugh:

2. Funny Moment. Lots of funny moments mentioned already. Several come to mind, especially from Logan. "You brought lunch!" and "We shall never speak of this again," from FtP. "Can my code name be Lando Calrissian?" Also Mick and Beth's chat in the car in AD about "the sex thing" - "your parents never told you?" "I need this microchip inserted in my hand - Well, of course you do!" "Just being human is so lame - I know but you wear it well." :snicker:

3. WTH Moment. When Coraline turned out to be alive. When Maureen was murdered. When Beth staked Coraline. Josef revealing Sarah Whitley. Beth high on BC backing away from Mick when they were this close to a hot kiss! :gasp:

4. Cry. End of Sonata. When Mick had to ask Josef to turn him back into a vampire, and then Josef said "Forgive me." The way Beth treated Mick after Josh died. The balcony scene. :bmoon:

5. Happy moment. The parking lot kisses. :melts: Beth smelling Mick's sweater. The parking lot kisses. (Oh, did I mention that one already? :whistle: )

Sorry I couldn't pick just one thing for each. :blushing: Too many favorites!
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

And because I'm an overachiever, my favorite "Hottie Mick Hottie" moment was the 80's freshie club - You know, Hungry Like the Wolf - Day-Um!
Feel free to add your favorite Hottie Mick Hottie moment - Or Hottie Josef Hottie moment, if you're so inclined. Fielder's choice.
For Mick: Too many to name just one, but him after taking the compound and walking on the beach with his shirt unbuttoned makes me weak at knees each and every time!

For Josef: In Sleeping Beauty when Mick is removing the bullets from Josef's beautiful form!!! :thud:

Return to “Episode Discussion”