Twelve years since the door closed

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Twelve years since the door closed

Post by allegrita »

There are twelve hours on a clock face. Twelve months in a year. And twelve years since Mick pushed that door closed while he was kissing Beth silly. :cloud9:

Hi, fellow Moonlightaholics.

I know... it was hard, and sad, and I drank a whole bottle of wine and cried on my long-suffering husband. It wasn't fair. We were robbed of all the stories we might have gotten. We were robbed of Mick and Beth, and maybe Coraline again. We never got to find out what that list of names would get Talbot to do. (By the way... am I the only one who just hated Talbot? Who the heck did he think he was, anyway?? But I digress.)

I know. :comfort: It should have been so much more. In a fair world, it would have been. But it was what it was. :sigh:

This crazy year, when we are stuck in our homes and we are hearing so many tragic stories and we are wondering if we'll lose a loved one, I am tending to look on the bright side of losing Moonlight a dozen years ago. (Don't ask me why. I have no idea. I just write what comes into my head, and this is what came into my head tonight.) We got a pretty neatly tied-up package (bless you, writers!), with lots of tantalizing bits of unanswered questions to make us want to figure out what the answers might be. We got a whole boatload of inspiration that led us to write, and learn how to edit videos, and figure out exactly what those song lyrics were, and make beautiful banners. We made friends all over the world, and some of us lucky ones got to meet some of those friends. :ghug: We reached out, way out, of our comfort zone. And we learned that, even if you don't win, the effort is worth making.

I'm not sorry about one bit of that magical, crazy, obsessed time. I wouldn't change one moment. I feel blessed to have fallen in love with Moonlight, and I feel blessed to this day to have you, my friends, to talk to and share with and remember with. Remember that Bif Naked song? "We are the lucky ones, dear." My dears, I do feel lucky. I feel grateful for the whole thrill ride. I am content to be here, even in lockdown, with all of you. I'm glad you still come to this forum, even if you never say a word. I'm a happy little Moonlightaholic tonight. :hearts:

Happy 12th Sonata-versary, everybody. I'm glad we're on this roller coaster together. I couldn't ask for a better team. :heart:
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Re: Twelve years since the door closed

Post by Moonlightsonata »

Happy 12 Year Anniversary to all and especially to Alle for having a safe haven for is.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Twelve years? Really? So much has happened in our lives since then. But other times it can seem like it was just a year or two ago.

Thank you for keeping MLA for all of us to continue to come and share. :flowers:

Love to you all!

PS. I was never a fan of Talbot, either. :noway:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

It's hard to believe it's been 12 years. I agree with you in retrospect if the show had to end that quickly at least Mick and Beth got together. I will say the ideas of the list will haunt me till the end of time. I've had two shows end this year and not get to finish filming both Empire and God Friended Me. (Although I think I'm happier with the ending I got on Empire instead of the ones the creators wanted.) I've been watching a lot of old shows I enjoyed during the pandemic Mad Men, Buffy, Wayward Pines, Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles. I'm thinking I should add Moonlight to the list. We'll always have the minute the door closed.
MoonMarg
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonMarg »

Wow its crazy to think its been 12 years. I know I still think a lot about if only....if only we had 1 more season, 20 more episodes or so. What would have happened in that time. Would Mick & Beth have stayed together? Would Talbot have investigated Mick? Would I have still loved the show like I love those 16 episodes. So many unfulfilled dreams.

I followed Alex to H50 and not ashamed to say I love that show and hate that it's now ended. But I look at Alex and how he is now a mature middle aged man, not the young gorgeous guy I fell for many moons ago. But he's still my fave and I love both Steve & Mick.

Thanks for this safe place. It still feels like home after all these years. Xx
aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

Oh dear...I forgot! :eek2: when I watch it now I notice how Moonlight is showing it’s age. Kinda how when we watch old shows on TVLand. :laugh: But I still love it. And I love how this site is still around for us. My Alex sites are just about gone, and who knows when we will see him again, but H50 and SOTB got me thru my Alex fix, and I finally got my long desired pic of us together one awesome night at SOTB. Don’t want to lose him, but what can we do? Thank you for this site Alle. :rose: I did like the end of God Friended Me.
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

:ghug:

Lovely Alle, I'm sorry I'm late to this thread... :rose:

For the 12th Anniversary, I watched Sonata and once again remembered why I loved our little show so very much....

That last episode gave us some resolution, but still left us with questions to have answered!

And goodness we have tried to do that wonderfully... :heart: With pictures, and stories, and our hearts and our minds.

In my heart I don't ever really think it will end for us, and I'm glad that we still have such a wonderful home here to come and share our love for the wonderful thing that brought us all together...

Lots of love to all of you my Moonlight family! :ghug:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Y'all got me thinking and remembering

Just a little smile to cheer things up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6xZPFaPuN0&t=5s
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
MoonMarg
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonMarg »

Oh wow Nutmegger911 that was fabulous! I was trying to pick a favourite but it's so hard to decide...
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

That was wonderful and what a pick-me-up! Thanks for the link, NM! :flowers: :kiss:
MickLifeCrisis
myimmortal
Fledgling

Post by myimmortal »

allegrita wrote:This crazy year, when we are stuck in our homes and we are hearing so many tragic stories and we are wondering if we'll lose a loved one, I am tending to look on the bright side of losing Moonlight a dozen years ago.
I remember they were planning to introduce werewolves (Talbot) into Moonlight canon and have a vampire/werewolf war. No. Just no. I loved that vampires were the only supernatural element in Moonlight. I loved that Moonlight treated vampires pseudo-scientifically (religious symbols don’t repel them, the cure is medicine not magic). I loved that Moonlight was about personal stories rather than big events.

As sad as I was when Moonlight ended, I’m glad to have just one season if that’s what they were planning for season two. :twothumbs:
_____
banner by me | avatar by cowpatface on deviant art
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

myimmortal wrote:As sad as I was when Moonlight ended, I’m glad to have just one season if that’s what they were planning for season two.
I remember talking with you about this very thing, many times. I absolutely agree with you. I'd rather have had a wonderful single season than a second season that undid all the things I loved about the show. :yes:
moonlightlover60
Fledgling

Post by moonlightlover60 »

Beautifully said Alley. :clapping: I am back to re-reading a lot of these wonderful Moonlight stories again (while quarantined). It's been a long time and I'm 12 years older so I don't remember them so well anymore. :giggle: So it's like reading a new story for me. :thumbs:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ooh, moonlightlover60, what a great idea! Would you please leave a comment on the stories you read, so we can all re-enjoy them? :hearts:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

I have to agree on the NO to werewolves. So glad that didn't happen in what we got. I'm with you all in happy with what we had if that was the plan for a Season 2.
MickLifeCrisis

Return to “Moonlight Celebrations”