Isn't It Beautiful

Shadow
Courtesan

Isn't It Beautiful

Post by Shadow »

I've decided that the very best way to escape from news/pandemic/election is to -- make a new video!
Hopefully watching it will work for that as well.
I'd always wanted to make a video for every episode, but I haven't gotten very far with that.
But here is some progress! This one is for Fever.

On Youtube:
https://youtu.be/SIaohcOUHc8
Last edited by Shadow on Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Isn't It Beautiful -- a NEW video

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Beautiful indeed, Shadow! :hearts:

Thank you so much for the new video of our lovely MickBeth. :flowers:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
jmc
Rogue vampire

Post by jmc »

:heart: (sigh) Once a MickBethshipper, always a MickBethshipper! :thanks:

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh Shadow, what a haunting song! I looked up the lyrics, because I couldn't understand them all, and they're so perfect for Beth and Mick. It amazes me how you find the most evocative songs for your beautiful videos. :rose:

The video is just achingly lovely, and in combination with the song's lyrics, it feels so sad! :hankie: I kind of like that this video is of Beth being sad about Mick, since so many are the other way... and Fever is a great episode for that sentiment. I've always been so struck by her face when she gets knocked to the floor, and she looks up at Mick hugging Leni. Like she can't understand how he would leave her there, after what she did for him. And then when she goes to his apartment, she must be able to feel him leaning against the door, but he won't open it, and she can also feel that he is resolved to stay away from her. How lonely she must feel. :sigh: And good old Josh unknowingly puts his foot in it, kissing her bite marks and saying they're a good team... oy! Poor Beth. :Mickangel:

Thank you for this wonderful video. It gives me all the feelings... and you're right, it's the perfect antidote for this stressful, scary, angry time!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Thanks so much, MLC, jmc, and Alle! It is so amazing and wonderful that there is still an audience for ML vids after all these years. :thanks:

Alle, I couldn't understand all the lyrics the first time through either, but I was already pretty sure I was going to use this for a video even before I looked them up! And when I saw all the lyrics, there really was no choice left. I found the song on Spotify. It's often pretty confused about what I will like, but not this time. :cloud9:
It's so interesting what you said about Beth's point of view here, her being sad about Mick instead of vice versa. Weirdly, after all the many many times I've watched Fever, it was only while making this video that I realized just how much Beth goes through during the episode! She thinks Mick is dead, then finds him alive but dying in front of her, gives him blood even though she's terrified, nearly gets killed by the assassin, and then gets rejected by Mick at the end.....yikes, that is one bad day. And poor sweet Josh does make things so much worse!
Making this video was awfully good therapy....it is really rather distressing now that I don't have it to work on. I'll have to look for some other project to get immersed in, since the real world doesn't look as if it is going to get less crazy any time soon ....

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”