The Vampire Waltz

Shadow
Courtesan

The Vampire Waltz

Post by Shadow »

Since I happened to finish this so close to MLA's birthday, it seems appropriate for it to be a birthday gift! It tells more of the Moonlight story than I've ever been able to put into one video before.

On Youtube: https://youtu.be/4eUVAzWLC48

On Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/664064651

This video has pretty good quality on Youtube, and came out amazingly well on Vimeo.
(And hopefully there will be a download link soon.)
Last edited by Shadow on Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ella713
Courtesan

Re: The Vampire Waltz --*NEW* --happy birthday MLA

Post by Ella713 »

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Wow!!! This was so beautifully done, giving us all the best parts of Moonlight! :cheering: :cheering:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Shadow - just WOW! :heart: Just when I think you can't top yourself, you prove me wrong again. :rose:

This is just gorgeous. You've perfectly highlighted each character's story individually, and yet still interwoven them into the lovely, intricate fabric that was Moonlight. It amazes me how you are able to shine a new light on scenes we've watched a dozen times before. :notworthy:

Happy Birthday to us, indeed! :celebrate:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, Shadow, what a wonderful gift! :cloud9: Thank you soooo much for telling the Moonlight story so beautifully. You really captured Mick's journey, and the song could have been written just for Moonlight. :chin: I don't know how you manage to give us something new each time you use these clips, but every one of your videos is a jewel. And this one is so complex, with the whole story of Mick's vampire life (unlife?) told. With all its sadness and betrayal, there is beauty in each part. And the theme of a waltz is just perfect.

I love the song--I've never heard it before. It's lovely and sad and filled with longing and regret. Just like Mick. :heart: And your video gives this hopeless song a glow of hope and possibility. Just like Beth. :hearts:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

This was wonderful, Shadow! Just beautiful! :hearts:

Sigh... Missing Moonlight. :happysigh:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Thanks so much for watching and commenting, Ella and Lilly and Alle and MLC! I'm SO glad these scenes can somehow still look new. I first noticed this kind of effect in some of Farcry's vids, where she made small changes in the lighting, contrast, tint and so on. I was amazed how different that made things look. So I usually make changes on every clip, at least with the lighting ... partly for practical reasons, such as making the darker scenes easier to see, but also to make the scenes look a bit different. I imagine the clips can look somewhat new just because they're illustrating new stories, too.
allegrita wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:19 am I love the song--I've never heard it before. It's lovely and sad and filled with longing and regret. Just like Mick. And your video gives this hopeless song a glow of hope and possibility. Just like Beth.
I really love this description of the song! It's truly a very strange song .... it's the only one I've ever used that sounds completely different to me if I just listen to it, or if I listen and watch the video at the same time. I find it much sadder (and much longer) when just listening to it. I'd actually been planning to trim the song quite a bit, but when I started putting the clips in the song seemed to change. With the clips it was so much brighter and happier, I decided to use the whole song.

It was only after I'd finished that I started wondering if Moonlight had possibly inspired the song. Wiki says no, it was written long before ML was on the air. According to Wiki, the artist started hearing this song in her head as a teenager, and she had to master the piano before she could actually make it real. Apparently this was the first song she ever wrote. :confused2:
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Whoa! That video made me cry!!! well done!!
moonlightlover60
Fledgling

Post by moonlightlover60 »

Wow Shadow you are such a pro at these videos always amazingly done. This was so beautiful and you really covered Mick's vampire life from Coraline to falling in love with Beth. I can't believe how many different scenes were in this video, it's looks like you went through every episode. I can only imagine how long that must have taken. This was really wonderful, and you always pick the perfect song to go with the scenes. Thank you for continuing to make these awesome videos for us. :thanks:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Ella, thanks so much for coming by again!! And thanks for your comment, Moonlightlover60!

This video didn't actually take as long as I'd expected it to...it went together really smoothly. And there are indeed scenes from every single episode in this one! Since I don't expect to ever make a video quite this long again, I figured this one really should cover all the episodes. When I got near the end I started checking, thinking I'd probably have to change something. But at least one scene from each episode was already there. Whew!

Sorry to take so long to reply; I'd meant to add a download link at the same time. Unfortunately work has been pretty awful lately, so I haven't had the time. But I'm still planning to get that download link finished!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: The Vampire Waltz

Post by allegrita »

I hope (and not just for selfish reasons! :winky: ) that your work situation gets better soon, dear Shadow. While I was here reading your comment, I took the opportunity to re-watch the video. It's just so emotional, full of all the things that made me fall in love with Moonlight in the first place. :heart:
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

I absolutely loved the Video. Thank you so much for keeping the magic of Moonlight alive.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Thanks so much for watching, Moonlightsonata; it is so great to hear that you liked this one! And it's so cool to know that you watched it again, Alle!

Work is still :witsend: , but it looks like I may get to take a vacation next month! :pray:

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”