14th anniversary of Sonata - May 16, 2022

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

14th anniversary of Sonata - May 16, 2022

Post by allegrita »

Dash it all--I let the anniversary go by without commemorating it. Again. :blushing:

I'm sorry, Mick and Beth, Josef and Simone, Josh, Guillermo, Coraline, Rider, Josh, Logan, the Cleaners, and everyone else who made our magical show so wonderful! It's not that I don't still love you, I swear! It's just that life gets in the way sometimes. And the passion that bubbled in our blood has cooled to a warm, comfortable nostalgia, so it doesn't kick me so hard on these special days, and make me remember.

But I will never forget you. I'll never forget how much I love you all, and how much you changed my life all those 14 years ago. Holy moley, it's been fourteen years since Mick pushed that door closed. :heart:

The eclipse should have reminded me. What's more Moonlight-y than a super flower blood moon, I ask you?! :cloud9: Ooh, and speaking of... my neighbors brought out their telescope the other night, and I got a few really cool shots. Check 'em out!

Do you think Mick and Beth had a rooftop picnic and watched the moon turn red together? :hug: Did Josef have a "Blood Moon" party with hot and cold running freshies? :laugh: Did Logan venture out of his basement so he could catch a peek, or did he just find a website that showed the eclipse in real time? Every year, I think about what they're doing... and I am forever grateful to Trevor and Ron, all the amazing writers and producers, the camera crew and editors who created that gorgeous noir ambiance, the makeup wizards and the costumers and set folks who made that world so very real for us. I can't thank them enough, truly. :heart:

And I can't thank you enough either, dear Moonlightaholics. You keep this place animated and happy. You make me want to... :winky: keep this forum going. And to dear Lilly, thank you for your help, your encouragement, your wise advice, your creativity, your amazing detective skills in tracking down info on the show... and for generally being my friend and fellow forum-keeper-upper. I am perpetually grateful for all you do, and all you are. :smooch: :rose:
Ella713
Courtesan

Re: 14th anniversary of Sonata - May 16, 2022

Post by Ella713 »

I never thought the loss of one television show would have such an impact on my life but Moonlight was magical and special in every way. And the fact that we are all still here after 14 years is a testament to how great this show was.
aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

Moonlight changed everything, didn’t it? I have admired Alex and Sophia ever since. :hearts:
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Fourteen years? No, that can't be possible. Sonata was on yesterday. I remember the first viewing of it that well. I'd put off taking my old dog for her physical therapy walk until after, in case she was particularly slow that day. I never trusted the VCR with Moonlight. So when the door closed, I took Emily out for a walk in the dark and cried the whole way out and back.

Mind you I don't remember the anniversaries, so much. Even on year one I never remembered those. Either May and September are just that busy at work, or the anniversaries are just a bit too painful to remember on the proper day.

I think that Mick, Beth, Josef and Logan did all of the above on blood moon night! (Those are brilliant pictures, by the way.) I went out to have a look in the middle of the night and the moon was just spectacular.

But ..... if really has been 14 years, how amazing it is that we still have this wonderful place and amazing group of people! I'm so so glad we have this marvelous refuge from the real world. Whew, Alle, I'm very glad to hear you want to keep on running this place!! :rose: :flowers: :rose: :flowers: :rose:
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Everyone: To ALLE!! For keeping Moonlight alive!!! :cheer: :cheering: :cheer: :cheering: :cheer: :cheer:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Aww... :blushing: Thanks guys! :ghug: :hearts:

Return to “Moonlight Celebrations”