Jordan Belfi/Josh Lindsey Appreciation Thread

wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Jordan Belfi/Josh Lindsey Appreciation Thread

Post by wondergirl9847 »

Josh Lindsey is a polarizing character. Some people don't like him and were glad when he um..."moved out of the way". Others (myself included) loved his character and were devastated when he died.

Jordan Belfi attended the Moonlight Gala last November and I do believe every single woman fell in love with him. ;) He was extremely sweet and accomodating to all the fans, not to mention drop-dead gorgeous. :shock:

Jordan on Close to Home

Jordan on Shark

Jordan at the Moonlight Gala

Jordan as Josh Lindsey in "Arrested Development"

*Christy*

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Re: Jordan Belfi/Josh Lindsey Appreciation Thread

Post by librarian_7 »

We did indeed fall in love with him at the Gala...he was gracious, charming, funny, intelligent...and oh, so smokin' hot. Who knew "Chicken Josh" could be so adorable?

Lucky
lafluffy
Freelance freshie

Post by lafluffy »

I thought that Josh was written too much as a cipher. He was too good and too perfect and not terribly 3 dimensional. Still, I felt for him, because here was this nice steady guy living the conventional life with a nice girl, who thought he would have the conventional future, not a bad thing in itself. The relationship between Josh and Beth was almost suburban. I felt for him because he could not be faulted for anything other than the fact that he wasn't Mick. It wasn't his fault that Beth fell in love with Mick. In some way, I think he deserved better.

He was also a great plot device in stirring up and exposing Beth's inner life, because he was such a nice guy. It showed that Beth had character, and was not going to lightly dump him for the cool hot vamp.

I think it was a thankless role to some extent, but filled nicely by Jordan. Until LLF. The look of bewilderment on his face after he gets shot. His dying...nothing saccharine or over the top about it. He seemed so very real and I think that's thanks to Jordan's acting choices. He had me crying for Josh. It still gets to me. Josh seemed like everyman caught up in some great sweeping tide that he had no control over. He goes to his grave with Beth's love even though she was no longer in love with him. He was a class act.

Josh is indelible in my mind and heart thanks to that brilliant episode. And Jordan had no small part in making it so. He elevated the character.

He also looks quite accessible and hot in those casual pix!
lafluffy, Queen of the Damned Fluffies
........................Image
.......................Fabulous screencap by the ever fabulous lighterthanair.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I loved the Josh character, he was written way too nice and by-the-book, but he added layers to the MickBeth relationship just by throwing a wedge in. And he was the perfect boyfriend that no other woman would understand why a woman would leave him. See Beth's colleague in A.D. chastising her about leaving the dinner.
I loved him in OOTP, so confused, so willing to help Mick, trusting even. So puzzled.
I loved the conflicts in Fever, Josh enlisting Mick's help but not trusting him very far.
I love his mounting jealousy in A.D. and B.C.
And then he just vanished for some time. I think Beth said something to Audrey about a conference and that things are "iffy".
When he comes back, Beth is in another place. He feels it. And then in LLF when she is threatened he realizes that he still loves her and wants to fight for her, but it goes all wrong. I love the death scene, I cry every time.
The writers could have found a better way to end the Josh/Beth relationship. I'm so sorry he is gone. And I don't like Josh 2.0 (Ben) being so close to Josh's appearance. Of course, Ben is a different character, much more aggressive.
After Jordan appeared at the convention, I began a Josh centric story. He inspired me to look at Josh again.
Jordan did a great job.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

LaFluffy and Francis, you've captured exactly what I feel about Josh. Jordan wasn't given much to work with, but he did wonders with what he was given. Another scene that really grips me is the discussion in the bathroom, when he talks to Beth about recusing himself from the case. Not much dialog, really, but his tone of voice, his expressions...the hopeless look he gave her in the mirror...it was really, really masterfully done.

I was truly impressed with Jordan as a person and a professional after meeting him. He seemed really honored that we had paid so much attention to the character of Josh and that we'd noticed scenes he was particularly proud of. A classy, humble, genuine guy. He gave Josh depth.

And yeah, he was devastatingly hot and handsome in that leather jacket and a little 5-o'clock shadow. (fan, fan, fan) Is it warm in here?

Here he is hugging Nikki goodbye...SO SWEET!!
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

allegrita wrote:LaFluffy and Francis, you've captured exactly what I feel about Josh. Jordan wasn't given much to work with, but he did wonders with what he was given. Another scene that really grips me is the discussion in the bathroom, when he talks to Beth about recusing himself from the case. Not much dialog, really, but his tone of voice, his expressions...the hopeless look he gave her in the mirror...it was really, really masterfully done.

I was truly impressed with Jordan as a person and a professional after meeting him. He seemed really honored that we had paid so much attention to the character of Josh and that we'd noticed scenes he was particularly proud of. A classy, humble, genuine guy. He gave Josh depth.

And yeah, he was devastatingly hot and handsome in that leather jacket and a little 5-o'clock shadow. (fan, fan, fan) Is it warm in here?

Here he is hugging Nikki goodbye...SO SWEET!!
I'm still bummed no one got a pic of him hugging me...not that anyone needs to see a pic of this fat old lady, but it was a great moment (for me at least!). Jordan was just so wonderful.

Lucky
lafluffy
Freelance freshie

Post by lafluffy »

Gaaaah, that's one hell of a hug. Is my face tinged with green?
I think I'll throw a tantrum now. :lol:
lafluffy
Freelance freshie

Post by lafluffy »

allegrita wrote:LaFluffy and Francis, you've captured exactly what I feel about Josh. Jordan wasn't given much to work with, but he did wonders with what he was given. Another scene that really grips me is the discussion in the bathroom, when he talks to Beth about recusing himself from the case. Not much dialog, really, but his tone of voice, his expressions...the hopeless look he gave her in the mirror...it was really, really masterfully done.
allegrita, I'm waiting for the DVD to arrive. I will pay especial attention to that scene. Thanks!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Just because ...

Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Lilly, I LURV that pic...he should hire you as his personal photographer.

Now, honestly, girls, who could resist that smile?

Lucky
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Wow. He is just smoking hot.

Lucky, lucky Sophia. Having to play opposite both Jordan and Alex.
Not a bad day's work!
news
Fledgling

Post by news »

Thanks so much Christy for this thread. Loved Josh, loved how his character was portrayed in Moonlight. Loved how Jordan portrayed the character. He did a fabulous job. Thanks so much for the views everyone. I'll be watching Jordan's career. He's one of my favorite thespians. ;)
bank1115
Fledgling

Post by bank1115 »

Ahh I feel so sorry for nikki having to suffer through that hug, poor thing! Please tell me chicken wasn't served for dinner. kays
Beautiful banner by Phoenix
mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

Jordan does seem like a great guy and yes, he certainly did rock the scruff at the gala! He's a good actor too and did the best he could I think with Josh. I liked Josh well enough but agree that his character was a little flat. But his death scene was very emotional, so sad and I'm bummed that they did it. I thought killing him off was a bit of a cop-out. I have to disagree though with what him being such a nice guy did for Beth's character. I think her behavior with Josh was a ding for her character. No, she didn't lightly dump him for the cool hot vamp, but it would have been kinder of her had she. She knew for a while that her feelings for Mick went beyond friendship and yet was content to keep Josh hanging on. She kept flirting and initiating kisses with Mick, was possessive with him and jealous of his past. Meanwhile, Josh was having a ring set to propose. When he tried to talk to her about what was going on with Mick, she was never straight with him. I felt bad for the guy and even worse when she grieved for him for five minutes before picnicing with Mick and wallpapering her phone with his photo. :?

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Just a little appreciating .....

Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist

Return to “Jordan”