Post by heartagram_lala »

[x]Title: Realization
[x]Author: Heartagram_lala
[x]Fandom: Moonlight
[x]Characters/Pairing: Mick/Beth
[x]Rating: PG
[x]Warnings: Spoilers for the end of ep 13
[x]Word Count: 636
[x]Summary: Mick's thoughts as he jumps upon the pillar at the end of 'Fated to Pretend', and Beth's as she leaves Mick alone on the rooftop.
[x]Notes: Set immediately at the end of 'fated to pretend'

As I leap to the pillar at the corner of the roof I feel the change come over my features, my eyes cloud over and my fangs elongate, I revel in the moment and let out a single inhuman growl.

Stretching my arms out wide I revel in the feeling of the wind buffeting against my body, my eyes scanning the city below me taking in every person in sight, walking, driving, laughing, loving, and I growl once more, letting myself feel truly free for the first time since saving Beth once again.

I realize in that moment that I truly don’t hate what I am anymore, I got to return to being a mortal, and I got to wilfully say goodbye to it. A smile spreads across my vamped out face as I feel happier and freer then I have since I was murdered on my wedding night all those years ago, and it’s all because of one person, Beth.

I smile at the thought of Beth, I can sense she is still below in my apartment, and I feel my inner vamp come forth once more as a territorial protectiveness flares from my heart and shakes its way out of my body.

I told her I had no regrets about giving up my mortality for her, and she understandably questioned it, but in truth there was only one regret I had, not having the time to make love to her as a human.

I shake my head as if trying to physically change my face back to its human appearance and it works, before I let out a very loud and very human yell of “I love you Beth Turner” into the night.

------------

As my hand falls from Mick’s I immediately feel at a loss, I turn and walk away with my back to him, knowing that if I look at him I won’t be able to walk away and give him the space he needs. I descend the stairs and make my way back into his apartment.

My whole body is still on fire from that kiss. I have never been kissed like that before. With such force and want, but at the same time with such a softness and vulnerability on Mick’s part. I could sense he was trying to show me all the things he couldn’t tell me, and as my heart soared I knew it was working.

I knew he loved me and he knew it too, and he wanted me to know. He just needs some time to sort out the other things going on in his life, and that is completely understandable, I raise a finger to my swollen lips and a shiver rips through my body as a smile breaks over my face.

I busy myself with collecting my belongings from around his apartment, I find my cell and look down at the wallpaper, my heart gives a pang as I see how immensely happy Mick looks in the picture before me, bathed in the sunlight with a genuine smile on his face.

Because of me he can never have that again, because of me he is back to being what he hates, and I think back to his comment of having no regrets. I could tell he was holding something back, it was obvious he wasn’t as regretful as I was, but there was something lingering just below the surface that he was hiding, there was one regret, and I guess I shall never know what it is.

As I stuff all of my things into my purse I head for the door, with one last lingering look towards the door that leads to the roof I let a smile cross my face as I whisper “I love you Mick St John” into the empty apartment.

---END---

AN - I will most likely continue this sometime down the road, but for now it's a oneshot =P
Last edited by heartagram_lala on Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Re: Realizations - Mick/Beth - ONESHOT (for now)

Post by Moonlighter »

Hmm...Of course I'd like to see a continuation of anything MickBeth, but this is great as a one-shot. I still don't know how she walked away on steady legs from that kiss. That was 9 months ago and I swear I still feel a little shaky...
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

That was nice. Thank you. :hug:
heartagram_lala
Fledgling

Moonlighter wrote:Hmm...Of course I'd like to see a continuation of anything MickBeth, but this is great as a one-shot. I still don't know how she walked away on steady legs from that kiss. That was 9 months ago and I swear I still feel a little shaky...
I will get around to extending thing... at some point, its deff on my to-do list, but the list is kinda long atm ... like santa's bad list... LOL.

I have NO idea how she remained on her feet... maybe it was Mick holding her up during the kiss, because my lord my knees went weak simply watching the kiss (over and over and over again haha)
heartagram_lala
Fledgling

francis wrote:That was nice. Thank you. :hug:
and thank you :hug:
jen
Cleaner

Re: Realizations - Mick/Beth - ONESHOT (for now) - PG

Post by jen »

Fabulous!

And if Mick scents the apartment, he will hear her whispered words of love.

Great job!

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
heartagram_lala
Fledgling

Re: Realizations - Mick/Beth - ONESHOT (for now) - PG

jen wrote:Fabulous!

And if Mick scents the apartment, he will hear her whispered words of love.

Great job!

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Thanks, and yes i think he may get a nice whiff when he returns back inside =P

Return to “heartagram_lala's Office”