[x]Warning: None
[x]Pairing: Mick/Beth
[x]Prompt: Table 3 #8 - Spotless @ 10_prompts
[x]Genre:
[x]Words: 274
[x]Spoilers: None
[x]Summary: Beth's thoughts about why Mick keeps his apartment so neat
[x]Disclaimer: Not my toys, im just borrowing them =D

The first thing Beth had noticed about Mick’s apartment, was that it was spotless.

Everything was in order, all the books were neatly stacked on shelves (in alphabetical order, by author), there were no clothes lying around on the floor, the glasses in the kitchen were organized in order of size, and even the cushions on the couch were symmetrically arranged at either end.

Beth never thought to ask Mick why his apartment was this way because she already knew the answer, she knew it wasn’t OCD or a fear of untidiness, no it stemmed from something much darker.

He kept his apartment in check because he could. He could control everything in it. If something was out of place he could and would put it right. If something needed a place to call home he found it one.

Beth knew that he did this because he felt his apartment was the only thing in his life he could control.

He couldn’t control the weather nor time, he couldn’t control the people around him or what they did, and he definitely felt like he couldn’t control the monster in himself.

Beth knew, that the control over his apartment was a substitute for his feeling of being unable to control his dark side.

But Beth also knew that if Mick wanted he could let his apartment go wild. He could have clothes hanging off the stairs, books strewn across the floor, empty glasses that once held blood cluttering the coffee table.

Because Beth knew that Mick could and did control the monster inside him.

Just because he couldn’t see it, didn’t mean it wasn’t true.
Last edited by heartagram_lala on Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Re: Spotless - Mick/Beth - ONESHOT

Post by Moonlighter »

Wow! I liked that. Really insightful of Beth. Those reporter instincts are not wasted.
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
heartagram_lala
Fledgling

Post by heartagram_lala »

Moonlighter wrote:Wow! I liked that. Really insightful of Beth. Those reporter instincts are not wasted.
Ta, and yeah i think Beth sees a lot more of Mick then Mick realises, he can't hide from her thats for sure!

Thanks for the comment :yahoo:
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

heartagram_lala wrote:
Moonlighter wrote:Wow! I liked that. Really insightful of Beth. Those reporter instincts are not wasted.
Ta, and yeah i think Beth sees a lot more of Mick then Mick realises, he can't hide from her thats for sure!

Thanks for the comment :yahoo:
LOL! You're welcome.
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
jen
Cleaner

Re: Spotless - Mick/Beth - ONESHOT - PG

Post by jen »

Beth has quite a bit more figured out about Mick than he things she does. I personally believe Beth is a lot smarter than what we commonly saw. This was very nicely done!

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
heartagram_lala
Fledgling

Re: Spotless - Mick/Beth - ONESHOT - PG

Post by heartagram_lala »

jen wrote:Beth has quite a bit more figured out about Mick than he things she does. I personally believe Beth is a lot smarter than what we commonly saw. This was very nicely done!

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
ITA i hate that at times they pegged beth as the 'dumb' blonde... when she so wasn't, she knew what was going on! lol

thanks for the comment

Return to “heartagram_lala's Office”