M & C appreciation thread 1

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: M & C appreciation thread 1

Post by redwinter101 »

I have my SciFi Friday banner on - cos it's Friday....

And don't forget GA's Picking up the Pieces fic for a Mick-outliving-Beth scenario.

I have a feeling Better As A Memory was michellemtsu... maybe?

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

mwj01 wrote:The three of us just like to keep you on your toes with the ole banner switch-a-roo Sister! :lol:

Many a night, I've drifted off with thoughts of that beautiful body and the tats attached to it! :twisted:

Gracie, thanks for confirming the BC nickname...I was beginning to wonder if I'd misunderstood and was expected to bring chicken to the party tonight! :lol:

LOL!!

No, I think Fleur's supplying dip...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Emerald
Sire

Post by Emerald »

Another present for you guys :)

"Vampires are outside the realms of human constructed notions of sexuality"

I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be

Queen of the Jock (Josef/Mick) Shippers
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

redwinter101 wrote:I have my SciFi Friday banner on - cos it's Friday....

And don't forget GA's Picking up the Pieces fic for a Mick-outliving-Beth scenario.

I have a feeling Better As A Memory was michellemtsu... maybe?

Red

Ah! How COULD I have forgotten GA's Pieces piece???? So thankful you brought that up!!!

And yes, I think you're right... michellemtsu... I think you ARE right... as usual dear Red!

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

wpgrace wrote:I enjoy your 2 cents, BC...

Their relationship is so complicated (MickCora) by the years and layers of baggage, but I agree he still feels intensity for her... love/passion/comfort/home, quite a mixture... he also clearly feels resentment and distrust, given past events. I remember Alex talking about Cora and I think he did play Mick as still leaving those doors open. The scripts certainly wrote her out, but Alex never did.

The scripts were determined to rush MickBeth... I am glad they didn't toy with the relationship over the course of years, but it did seem rushed, given that they killed off Josh and then she just got over it, after having a sh!t fit with Mick for a few days. Way too much emotional turmoil, way to easily cured. And then they recreated emotional turmoil with Beth's overreaction to the Monahans, cured by a simple memory... so I was sorry they did that.

But at some point, had the show had time and a decently thought out story arc, we would've had MickBeth together. And I'm good with that... just wish it would have been more natural. Also I really don't see him turning her. I see him loving her til she died... and then being alone again for a long grieving period, but also being stronger emotionally from then on. ANd potentially finding his way back to Coraline.
Late again ... but here goes anyway. :roll: I have tried for a "realistic" relationship in my one and a half MickBeth stories. (One-shot about Sonata, after the door closes & the first half of a two-part story, set one month later.) No matter how long people have been friends, becoming lovers alters the relationship. "MickBeth in Phoenix-World" is not perfect. Beth is insecure and Mick keeps too much hidden. Some people think I'm dragging my personal prejudices into the story ... and maybe subconsciously I am ... but consciously, I'm just trying to present a realistic progression to a couple learning how be with each other in a brand-new relationship. Just my 2c.

And since this is the MickCora thread. :D

Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
cprav
Kostan Industries intern

Post by cprav »

ITA about MickBeth. Even if I WANTED MickBeth together forever, they can't be until they're both fully open and honest with each other and accept all aspects of each other.
Think Kostan!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

cprav wrote:ITA about MickBeth. Even if I WANTED MickBeth together forever, they can't be until they're both fully open and honest with each other and accept all aspects of each other.

Which for Mick is exactly the problem... he's been closed off for a long time now... he can't just wake up and be a chatty air head... unless he wakes up in Click... :mrgreen:

mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

LMAO! Isn't that the truth Sister! Perky Mick! :lol:

And that's my only commentary for now as I'm only halfway through my first cup of coffee. :?

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

This was such a delightful little scene.

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

mwj01 wrote:This was such a delightful little scene.

Oh I LOVED the MickCora in that ep! Another side to that relationship... passion we've seen, recrimination we've seen, but the comfort, caring, and familiarity between them was a revelation here... and so true to real life... for a couple who have BEEN a couple for what, 55 years on and off? It was very well done by the actors, IMO... understated, quiet, acting.

mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

I loved seeing that aspect of the relationship too! It was subtle enough, but there for anyone willing to see it. ;)

mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

Love this look on his face as he sheepishly checks out Morgan sashaying around in her delicates.

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Yeah and ya gotta figure he recognizes something there... that whole not recognize your wife thing stretched credulity for me... even tho she DID smell like a human, blah blah blah!!!

mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

Yeah, it was a bit much. :roll: He'd spent over 30 years with her and was quite familiar with her body, face, hair, voice...

SirenSong
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SirenSong »

wpgrace wrote:Yeah and ya gotta figure he recognizes something there... that whole not recognize your wife thing stretched credulity for me... even tho she DID smell like a human, blah blah blah!!!
Ahhh that would be the whole intellect vs. instinct war. Instinctually, I think he knew it was Cora. But intellectually, he couldn't believe it because Morgan was human. And since Josef had told him repeatedly that there was no going back to being human, at this point, the intellect was winning the war.

Return to “Mick & Coraline Appreciation”