A Delicate Balance chapter 2--PG-13

jen
Cleaner

Re: A Delicate Balance chapter 2--PG-13

Post by jen »

Fabulous chapter.

For all his fears, they are going to be fine. Loved the 'can't a vampire just ned a hug' line. That was priceless!!!

Thank you!
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I love the way Beth came into a dark place and turned on the lights both literally and figuratively. She sweeps away the gnawing doubt and uncertainty, and offers him the comfort of an embrace... and she doesn't let him get away with being morose. Not our Beth. :teeth:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Lucky

Beth is just wonderful here and she probably is totally unaware of how her totally relaxed manner is precisely what Mick needs to settle him, ground him, complete him. Dealing out the right words and the right hugs, she soothes his fears and draws him closer--I think partly without him even realizing it.

Love that line, 'Can't a vampire need a hug?'

and also love Beth's response to it. She sees how deeply he is effected, but does not try to draw him out on the suspect. She relegates what she perceives as the source of his discomfort to unimportance, seeking to make him more comfortable.

Great chapter! Thank you!

jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :cheer:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

librarian_7 wrote:..... and she slipped naturally into her place against his shoulder.
If only you knew what this image does to my heart!!
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Ok, I get it. Most men come into a relationship with baggage. Some bags are small and some are larger! But Mick is dealing with the whole the last time I trusted someone with my love she turned me into a vampire! So this betrayal, that none of us would ever know. Beth is doing the right thing.
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

This was a beautiful chapter and I could picture it in my mind exactly as it happened. :yes: If I quoted all the lines I liked best, I would end up copying and pasting the whole chapter. And besides, the top ones have already been quoted. :batseyes:

It's been great to read all of the other comments, too. Off to read the next chapter!
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Oh Lucky. :heart: It's been a while since I've visited the Moonlight Universe and this has made me so very happy that I did.
He had made a promise to himself, long ago, that if it was needed, he would die for her. Question was, could he live for her?
This brought it all back front and center; dropped me right back into Mick's world. Sums it up succinctly and precisely. I am now full of angst. LOL. And ready to read on!
Last edited by GuardianAngel on Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Mick could wear a garment bag and I'd take him as my plus-1 to any event, thanks for the sweetness.

Return to “A Delicate Balance”