Special Effects (or, Can't Take Josef Anywhere) PG

A place for NocturneInCMoll's G to PG-13 stories.
RangerCM
Rogue vampire

Re: Special Effects (or, Can't Take Josef Anywhere) PG

Post by RangerCM »

Once everyone has a chance to catch your breath, I beg you to also go and read Nocturne's "Picking up the Pieces." Her comic timing is flawless, in that one as well. It could just as easily have been featured among the best of the best comedies, except that it wouldn't be right to have half the selections all written by the same author :snicker:

Oh! And while you're at it, check out Due Moonlight too!!
banner by Cprav
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Very funny. Poor Josh it's a good thing they live in LA where Special Effects are norm or he would doubt his sanity. :laugh:
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by NocturneInCMoll »

Karen--Thank you so much! I may cringe a little when I read it now, but I guess we're all our own worst critics, eh? P.S. I like that line, too. :snicker:

Nutmeg--Thanks so much! I had fun picturing that scene... :laugh:

Alle--So sorry to hear you had a positively dreadful day...but I'm happy this could help! Thanks & glad it made your day! :comfort:

Phoenix--Why, thank you. I admit, I like that line, too. Isn't that totally Mick and Josef? Mick hates what he is, and Josef makes fun of him for it. :laugh:

Ranger--Wow, thanks so much for the plugs! :hyper2: You rock. (P.S. I'll try and work on "episode 2" of due MOONLIGHT tomorrow, as it's a holiday. I don't have as much time to write now [or read] with my full-time job :sigh: ).

Cassy--Thanks so much--and you make a very good point. Tee hee! :snicker:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Another Coffee House visitor! This is brilliant, Julie (and I can't believe I've never read it :blushing: ). As in all your stories, the dialogue crackles - perfectly in character. Sharp, funny, marvellous:
NocturneInCMoll wrote:“Okay, if you’re sure,” Mick said, “I’ll just try and be myself.”

“Mick, you can’t go to a costume party as a self-loathing vampire. That’s just stupid.”
:giggle:

And just one more example (from many):
NocturneInCMoll wrote:“His dreamy eyes always make me feel better.” He pretended to swoon and saw Mick’s face twitching severely out of the corner of his eye.
I adored this.

Red :heart:

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

Thanks so much, Red! :smooch: I'm glad you enjoyed. Poor Mick, eh? Though to give him credit, a self-loathing vampire would at least have been an original, if bizarre, costume choice...
:dracula:
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Back for a re-read via the CH, Nocturne. :wave:

I just love this. :twothumbs: I love the premise of two actual vampires going to a Halloween party "dressed" as vampires and nobody (except Beth) being any the wiser. Always brings a smile to my face. :biggrin:

I always love your dialogue as it just hits the right note everytime. I'm right there in the moment with each of them and that, for me, is just wonderful. Josef is LOL funny here and I love that poor old Josh just doesn't have a clue. :giggle:

Fabulous. :twothumbs:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

Thanks so much, Coco! Glad you enjoyed the re-read. :biggrin: This piece was definitely a little at Josh's, Mick's (as far as Josef is concerned), and even Josef's (his poor Ferrari :mdrama: ) expense, and I had lots of fun writing it. Glad you could be there, too!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I'm a little late in getting here, but I'm very grateful to this month's Coffee House for pointing me in this direction. I don't know how I missed this before, but I'm delighted to have found it now.

This was so much fun to read. I had to smile at Mick's frustration with Josef -- much like a big brother annoyed by the antics of the kid brother who tagged along just to make life difficult. So many times we see Josef portrayed as just "pissed off," but here he is completely comfortable in his own skin and having fun at others' expense. I just love seeing the playful side of him in this story. And, poor Josh -- I can just see the look on his face at the end. :snicker:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

Thanks so much, Lilly! I'm glad you had fun at Beth and Josh's party :biggrin: I think your analysis of Mick and Josef is very apt. I rarely see Josef as "pissed off"--paranoid and annoyed is more like it. He's definitely comfy in his own skin and definitely enjoys having fun at others' expense.

And yes, poor Josh. :laugh:
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

I loved this, Julie! :flowers:

Your story was well-written, entertaining, and funny. You have the speech and mannerisms of each character down pat. Nicely done!
Wow. Humans are dorks.
:rolling: I thought Josh's food coloring was pretty clever, but I guess Josef doesn't agree.

:dracula:

Marigold
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, I'm so glad this one bubbled back up. Thanks, Marigold! :hug: This is really a favorite. I can't believe you cringe at it, Nocturne - it's awesome. You should be proud of it.

I always giggle when Mick pulls the band-aid out of his cape. Our guy is such a boy scout. :heart: And it reminds me so much of two scenes - the first, in B.C., when Mick puts the chip in her hand, and the second, in Love Lasts Forever, when he's hovering over her as she cleans the wound on her elbow. Mick really is good with boo-boos. He can bandage my ouchies anytime. :happysigh:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I love this story. Perfect Josef, another great holiday treat.
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

Marigold--Thank you very much! I'm really glad you enjoyed. Josh appreciates that you don't think he's a dork. :snicker:

Alle--Thank you--this story does hold a special place in my heart, but I must admit I still cringe a little bit. Oops--did you just cut yourself? I'm sending Mick over with a boo-boo fixer right now! :laugh:

Carol--Thanks so much! :biggrin:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Boo-boo fixing Mick. :teeth: :hearts: :melts: :happysigh: :thanks:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Now that's a Halloween party!!!! :hallpumpkin:

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: