Notice to authors re: links.

Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Notice to authors re: links.

Post by Phoenix »

Although the final decision has not been made yet, there is a significant possibility that Moonlightaholics will be shifting to a better web-hosting company next month.

That means that all links in fan fic offices will be broken. :tomato: Sorry. :bmoon:

If you haven't yet created an index, you might wish to hold off for a while, and if you already have an index, there is not much point in putting in any more links, at this stage.

When there is more definite news, I'll post it here. :juggle:
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Notice to authors re: links.

Post by francis »

Thank you for the warning. :hearts:
You're doing a great job with this site. :wave:
clair
Rogue vampire

Post by clair »

francis wrote:Thank you for the warning. :hearts:
You're doing a great job with this site. :wave:
I second that. I really like the way it's layed out and put together. Very well done.
ImageImageImage
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I would like to add that we're MORE than aware of the hassle this is for the authors (anyone who doubts that, take a look at any of the mods' indices...we're going to be doing some serious revising of indexes.)

One thing that might help...open your index, hit edit, and save the resulting text (with all that lovely code!) into a word file. You can update links in that more easily than you can just in the board itself.

Another hint, I've found it useful to keep a file of all my links. That helps greatly with cutting and pasting into new indices, etc.

Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help, when we make this switch.

Lucky
one.zebra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by one.zebra »

New server?.....I manage to stay logged on for several days by leaving my compter on and letting it go into 'sleep' mode....then the next day I'm happily back to: :coffee:

When I do have to log back in, I can only do that through a link sent FROM this board. This system works fine, I just save the pm e-mail notices and use those...

Is that still going to work? If not, I'll need someone to send me something, or I'll be locked out :hankie: ....(remember O.Z is very computer dumb..) (..but hey, I good a lots of other suff. lol!)
Banner and avatar by Twilightdew!

Travelling 33rpm in an iPod world
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonShadow »

Any idea as to a timeline? Just wondering how much time I have to figure out Lucky's instructions... :confused2:
Banner by Lilly

Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn
The power of man, for none of woman born
Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

Ooh, you're making me feel a little nervous here!! I'm just a nervous ninny anyways, so just ignore me!!!! *Battles with nervous issue* :slappy:

Love you guys!!!! :rose: :rose: :worship:

mitzie
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

mitzie, (and everyone else!!!) no need to be nervous. I'm sure Phoenix won't mind me telling you that we never expected to have as many members, plus the current web-hosting company leaves a little to be desired!!!

Nothing's finalised as yet but Phoenix is just making sure that you all know what's happening as soon as we do. If we do move, then it will only be to make sure the site runs as well as possible so that we can all carry on enjoying it :).

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

Thanks Red! You didn't expect this many members??!! :coffee: Well, I expect there to be a lot more members as this site rolls on!! As I said before, this is the best Moonlight site in the whole world and beyond!!!! :rose: I truly meant that and still mean it and I'm sure others would agree with me on that!!!!

Thank you again Phoenix and all the Mods for creating this amazing home away from home!!!! :heart: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :yahoo: :notworthy: :worship: :worship: :rose: :rose:

mitzie
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

And Mitzie, rest assured we luv ya right back...this site is so good because it has so many wonderful members!

Lucky
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Phoenix,

thanks for the heads up....updating links :coffee: is a small price to pay for all the hard work you and the other mods do to make this a great home away from home. :hearts:

Personal PS - I love the smilie drinking coffee at the computer....a self portrait of moi if ever there was one!!!
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

redwinter101 wrote:mitzie, (and everyone else!!!) no need to be nervous. I'm sure Phoenix won't mind me telling you that we never expected to have as many members, plus the current web-hosting company leaves a little to be desired!!!

Nothing's finalised as yet but Phoenix is just making sure that you all know what's happening as soon as we do. If we do move, then it will only be to make sure the site runs as well as possible so that we can all carry on enjoying it :).

Red
Moonlightaholics has about 215 more members than originally catered for. :rofl2: And as Red already mentioned, the current web-hosting company doesn't really *ahem* meet our needs now.

It is extremely unlikely that we'll be moving prior to March 14. If the site is expected to be down for more than 24 hrs, we'll get a holiday house set up for everyone during the shift. :biggrin: Most of all, if / when we move, it will be to a more reliable site, more suited to the high traffic we have. :yes:

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Post by jenstc2003 »

Thanks for he heads up! Redoing links is a small price to pay to have a better site. You ladies truly are awesome- and congratulations on the surprise popularity! Y'all have set us up a beautiful online home here- it's no wonder it's so popular! :champs: :rose:
Jen

Mick's Synful One
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Thanks everyone for the kind words and understanding. :ghug:

The official news is ~ there is a 95% chance we'll be moving in the second half of March. :cheer:

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

jenstc2003 wrote:Thanks for he heads up! Redoing links is a small price to pay to have a better site. You ladies truly are awesome- and congratulations on the surprise popularity! Y'all have set us up a beautiful online home here- it's no wonder it's so popular! :champs: :rose:
Thanks, Jen...and we do want to make the move (and subsequent links re-do) as painless as possible for people. The mods have all been through this before, so we do understand what a hassle it is.

Lucky

Return to “Forum Announcements Archive”