Secrets- a Syn Freshie Fic PG 13

jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Secrets- a Syn Freshie Fic PG 13

Post by jenstc2003 »

Secrets

Disclaimer: No, I don’t own anyone you recognize.
Rating- PG 13
Notes: This story developed from the basic situation that has been created on the Willing Freshies Society threads, which have taken the characters and realities from Moonlight, and gone in an alternate direction with them.
Synclaire Smythe is my alter ego in the WFS and this is the continuation of her story. It is being reposted here because of the imminent closing of the WFF.

Synclaire’s Journal
7-21-08
There is only one thing about being a Freshie that I don’t like much, especially since I met Carson. That’s the fact that I have to lie to him about it. He is literally the one person I’d even consider wanting to tell, and then only because keeping something so important from someone I care about as much as I do him just galls me. It's still much too early for me to say anything- and I'd never say a word without Mick's 100% complete support and approval, no matter what- but it won't be long before I need to do something. In fact, he has asked me a couple of times lately what it is that I do that keeps me away from home so much. I've managed to come up with some flimsy excuse every time, but I know it won't work forever. We do something together- be it lunch, hiking, or a trip to the dog beach- almost every day, so it's not going to take much for him to notice.

Even I have to admit it’s not normal to be gone every night. But I am- and as much as I’d like to tell him the reason for that, it’s not my secret to tell. I never thought much about his evening plans, though. That’s why, when I called him from Sacred Angels earlier and asked him to meet me at the house, I was surprised to hear the din of conversation around him, and a note of hesitation in his voice. “Baby, I’m afraid I’m a bit- occupied- right now. I’ll be at your place in an hour, OK?”

The background noise sounded so familiar- like a café or something… or like a busy night at the FOS. I could catch snippets of conversation- a deep female voice- “Carson, dear, would you please join me in the other room…” with corresponding laughter. But my head wasn’t working quite right for me to have put two and two together.

Finally, Em dropped me off at home- still a bit punchy from my gas exposure, but with a clean bill of health and my wits about me enough to be left alone. A few minutes later, Carson’s BMW pulled in, and Morg went crazy for a minute, as she always does. She likes him as much as I do, and she sits at his feet as soon as he walks in, waiting on him to pet her, which he does for a second as he looks at me, as if he’s trying to figure out how I’m doing without asking.

Finally, he asked. “Are you alright? I mean- you were in the hospital, but you look fine to me…” The concern in his eyes was almost more than I could stand, but I managed to not fall into his arms immediately.

“Gas exposure. I was at a friend’s house and his fireplace started leaking. There were a couple of others there- I don’t think anyone was very seriously hurt, but one girl will be in the hospital until later today at least. I am still a bit punchy, but I’ll be fine.”

“I’m glad to hear that.” He quickly closed the gap between us then, and pulled me close, as if he’d been afraid I was seriously hurt. “I was worried when you said you were at the hospital. It made me realize a lot of things, actually. Baby, I need to tell you something…”

That’s when things really got interesting. He helped me to the couch first, then settled in beside me, looking at me with a very serious stare. “I need to know that you’re not going to be upset when I tell you this- OK?”

“What?”

“I don’t really know how to say this, other than to say that I spend most evenings away from home, too, Baby. At a friend’s house- but she’s not a normal friend.”

Immediately, I was struck dumb, assuming the worst, but he wasn’t finished. “She’s- a vampire. I told her about you, and then asked if I could tell you the truth as soon I got off of the phone with you. One of a number of things I realized while I was talking to you- I don’t want this to be a secret anymore.”

“You… hang out... with vampires?” I asked, incredulous. My usual bad luck must be changing if he means what I think he means.

“Yeah. They call us Freshies. We’re- dinner, for want of a better word.”

With that, my whole world cleared and I smiled at him. “I know. And she bit you tonight, didn’t she?”

“How would you know that?” He looked so nervous, not sure how to react.

“You’re not the only one. I’m a friend of the family, too. Besides, your make up job is pretty bad.” I smiled, as I checked out the tiny wounds, which he’d been a bit careless about covering up. “You must have been in a hurry.” I comment, smirking at the slightly irregular marks. His vamp isn’t as neat a bite as Mick.

“Yeah. You called at an- inopportune- time. She needed a snack and none of the others were available. We talked while I recovered enough to drive. She was actually very understanding- she wants to meet you someday.” He smiled, pulling me close and looking carefully at my neck, which still bears the tiniest marks from the other day, then kissing the marks gently.

“I can't believe you're... just- please tell me you’re Exclusive, so I don’t worry about you…” he asked, his voice betraying his concern.

“Yes. I only want one vamp in my life. And I want you to meet him someday soon. He's an amazing guy- actually you remind me a lot of him. You can’t imagine how much I have hated not being able to tell you.”

“Me too, Syn. But you understand why I couldn’t.”

“Yeah. I do. I’m just glad we don’t have any more secrets like that.”
Jen

Mick's Synful One
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Secrets- a Syn Freshie Fic PG 13

Post by francis »

Carson is a freshie, too! There must be a lot of freshies with 400 vamps in L.A., so they are bound to meet one way or the other. Very interesting. I like how you introduce that Carson wants to tell her, it was a scare that she was at the hospital.
Nice story. :wave:
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Re: Secrets- a Syn Freshie Fic PG 13

Post by jenstc2003 »

*grins* Oh, yeah. Its' funny how many Freshies there are- there's even a Freshie club! Syn and Carson had been together for a bit when this was written, so it was sort of necessary that she learn about it. And the real danger was averted by a quick thinking Vamp (J) and a Freshie medic (Em) who he called. That night was actually more fun than I can even TELL you! Imagine Freshies high on the gas- trying to reach lights that didn't exist, dancing around the room in a daze...
francis wrote:Carson is a freshie, too! There must be a lot of freshies with 400 vamps in L.A., so they are bound to meet one way or the other. Very interesting. I like how you introduce that Carson wants to tell her, it was a scare that she was at the hospital.
Nice story. :wave:
Jen

Mick's Synful One

Return to “Freshie Fic”