Sunset [Ch. 3 - PG-13]

moonsword27
Freelance freshie

Sunset [Ch. 3 - PG-13]

Post by moonsword27 »

Chapter 3: Sunset

Disclaimer: If you honestly have any doubts now as to whether I think I own Moonlight…you have issues. Serious twice dead issues. As I’d like to think none of you do, I shall stop posting this disclaimer for the rest of this story.

Deet.

You hear that? That just so happens to be the sound of my brain reaching its maximum capacity for new and unsettling ideas.

It also happens to herald Coraline’s presence in the garage I had recently taken to hiding in. She wasn’t alone.

I could hear the pounding of her newest capture’s heart three yards away. I begged her to take the girl away as I always did. Each time, she told me that I didn't really want her too.

Please, you've got to kill me...

The smell of the woman's fear was palpable as my wife hands her to me gently, not seeming to notice the fact this is a living, breathing person. A person whose blood now hummed beneath my fingers, pulse dancing. The beast I've always feared rose to the surface, and in the sudden icy clarity I could see the heat beneath her skin, and the sound of her heart amplified, drum beats ringing in my ears.

Drawn irresistibly to this woman, I ignored all defining characteristics. She was anonymous, she was human, and her blood sang. I held her gently, and then buried my fangs viciously into her neck. The sudden pain combined with her fear sent her blood pressure sky rocketing and rich sunlight gushed into my mouth, slaking the ever-present thirst.

I could feel my sire's stare and small triumphant smile shining down on me. Instinctively, I turned away, dragging my prize with me. She was mine, you may have won, but she was mine. I looked up at Coraline suddenly, not minding the warmth spilling down my chin, to meet her gaze. Then the hunger drew me down once more to the pulsing softness, draining the salty sweet richness. It’s as intoxicating as sire blood in its own way.

All too soon, the mewling body grew still, the drumming rhythm slowing to a stop. All too soon my vampire fell asleep, leaving me holding that poor woman's body, rocking back and forth. Remorse spreads through me, its chill dampening the gift of heat I had stolen from her just moments before. I held the drained body, a limp doll in my arms, until Coraline removed her and led me away.
Last edited by moonsword27 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Re: Sunset [Ch. 3 - PG-13]

Post by jenstc2003 »

Freaking spectacular Sword!!! Just read all three parts- absolutely FANTABULOUS!
Jen

Mick's Synful One
moonsword27
Freelance freshie

Re: Sunset [Ch. 3 - PG-13]

Post by moonsword27 »

Mucho gracias!

Return to “Shades of Grey”