Stargate Universe - news, links, discussion

r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Stargate Universe - news, links, discussion

Post by r1015bill »

Bummer! SGU was my replacement for ML on Friday nights. And I have previous commitments on Tuesdays. :Mickangel:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Season finale tonight: http://www.ew.com/ew/tv/tonights_best_tv/0,,5,00.html

I know that there has been lots of criticism, particularly among fans of the original series who don't like various aspects of SGU, but, as we approach the finale, I have to say I have thoroughly enjoyed the show so far. The tone and feel is very different from both SG-1 and Atlantis and in many ways is closer to BSG (although not in the same class), and I do think there aren't enough interesting characters - but, all in all, good enough to make sure I'll be back next season.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I've enjoyed the show very much, despite a few growing pains. And after all, every show has 'em... remember those atrocious first few episodes of ST: TNG? :snicker: I'm looking forward to next year already...
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I am looking forward to tonight's episode. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Eli gets some sign of affection from Chloe after last week's episode.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

redwinter101 wrote:I know that there has been lots of criticism, particularly among fans of the original series who don't like various aspects of SGU, but, as we approach the finale, I have to say I have thoroughly enjoyed the show so far. The tone and feel is very different from both SG-1 and Atlantis and in many ways is closer to BSG (although not in the same class), and I do think there aren't enough interesting characters - but, all in all, good enough to make sure I'll be back next season.
I never watched the other shows -- either the previous Stargates or BSG -- so I can't really compare, but I have enjoyed SGU. Maybe in this case, ignorance is bliss :shrug: , but I do think I may have benefited from having some more of the background premise under my belt before going into it.

As far as the lack of interesting characters, I have two thoughts/complaints. The first is that there are so many peripheral regulars, there hasn't been time to really get to know them. Right now, they kind of blend together in my mind. The second is that the premise so far hasn't allowed for many guest stars. Without some new blood, the dynamic aboard ship is bound to get kind of stale. The last couple of episodes have shown promise in that regard, though.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I agree Lilly. There are lots of characters where you barely know the name. I kind of assumed that this was because of the premise of this ship being way out in space. There's little chance for new characters (as you said) so the characters we don't know will eventually become known as the more popular charcters die off.

I'm really hoping that David's character does get deeper next season.
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

AAAAHHHHH! Does anybody want to talk about it or are there West Coasters out there?
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I just wanted to say that I missed SGU being on air last night - especially since David had a "close to romantic" moment in the excellent very energetic cliffhanger. I'm looking forward to October and season 2.
RangerCM
Rogue vampire

Post by RangerCM »

Yep. Going to be a long summer waiting for both fresh SGU and H5O
banner by Cprav
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

SyFy has announced the season premiere date for SG:U and Sanctuary: Tuesday, September 28th. So David's moving to Tuesdays!

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/07/23/sy ... r-28/58052
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Here's the trailer for the new season: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rXJdDb1 ... e=youtu.be

:woohoo:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Someone on MLD found this little interview at CC with David about SGU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKlif6lpgEg

I had trouble getting it to play directly from the link but if I go to youtube, it works.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve David Blue... :hearts: :hearts:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Lilly wrote:Here's the trailer for the new season: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rXJdDb1 ... e=youtu.be

:woohoo:
Cool! I thoroughly enjoyed the first season and I'm looking forward to season two - it's a great trailer, especially as there is at least one character I didn't recognise... :chin:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Ooooooooo!

This is so exciting! To avoid spoilers, I'll just say that what Rush's wife says to him is very intriguing!!!

And, of course, Eli looks like he might have some interesting storylines!!! Go David!

Return to “David”