Challenge #103/Back to That? PG-13

A place for Lucy's G to PG-13 stories
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Re: Challenge #103/Back to That? PG-13

Post by Moonlighter »

Hmmm, quite an interesting interpretation, Lucy! I like watching Beth's reporter brain try to merge reality with what we would normally find to be supernatural, but believing it in the end because it comes from Mick. And Mick would never lie to her....
Lucy wrote:I realize the time and anxiety twists my gut. Did Mick go upstairs and die? Did I save his life for him to lose it with my abandoning him?
Okay, that was a scary thought -- that she'd gone through all of that and he died anyway? No way.
Lucy wrote:I walk to the sink and run cool water, splashing small drops on my neck. I catch my breath and see my worn reflection in the chrome and glass. My eyes drop to grab a paper towel and when I lift my head I see his reflection.

“Mick” I squeal as I spin to see him, clean, healthy, incredibly mesmerized that I’m in his kitchen. He turns his head to the front door and is wordless as he pads barefoot to check the security system.
What a fantastic vampire image -- one second no one's there, then he's in the reflection. Brilliant!
Lucy wrote:I’m dumbstruck

He’s shirtless, jeans hastily pulled, barefoot. As much as I try to look him in his eyes I’m distracted by his chest, the subtly developed six pack and the deliciously inviting line of chest hair that disappears behind the top two open buttons on his jeans.

“Beth?” he snaps me from wondering if he’s commando or wearing hipster briefs. Snap out of it Turner, I think. I’ve seen men, I’m not deprived, and Josh was over just the other night and . . . .

Mick nods and excuses himself, something about shirt and shoes….. Which he wouldn’t have to do for me…. I snap back to reality when I hear the key ring jingle. He’s walking around snapping off lights and I wait at the door for him.

We walked to the elevator in silence, his flat hand at the small of my back creating such a surge of energy and tension that I couldn’t muster the words to express myself.
I have no words ......... This image makes me just.... :thud:
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Moonlighter wrote:Hmmm, quite an interesting interpretation, Lucy! I like watching Beth's reporter brain try to merge reality with what we would normally find to be supernatural, but believing it in the end because it comes from Mick. And Mick would never lie to her....
Lucy wrote:I realize the time and anxiety twists my gut. Did Mick go upstairs and die? Did I save his life for him to lose it with my abandoning him?
Okay, that was a scary thought -- that she'd gone through all of that and he died anyway? No way.
Lucy wrote:I walk to the sink and run cool water, splashing small drops on my neck. I catch my breath and see my worn reflection in the chrome and glass. My eyes drop to grab a paper towel and when I lift my head I see his reflection.

“Mick” I squeal as I spin to see him, clean, healthy, incredibly mesmerized that I’m in his kitchen. He turns his head to the front door and is wordless as he pads barefoot to check the security system.
What a fantastic vampire image -- one second no one's there, then he's in the reflection. Brilliant!
Lucy wrote:I’m dumbstruck

He’s shirtless, jeans hastily pulled, barefoot. As much as I try to look him in his eyes I’m distracted by his chest, the subtly developed six pack and the deliciously inviting line of chest hair that disappears behind the top two open buttons on his jeans.

“Beth?” he snaps me from wondering if he’s commando or wearing hipster briefs. Snap out of it Turner, I think. I’ve seen men, I’m not deprived, and Josh was over just the other night and . . . .

Mick nods and excuses himself, something about shirt and shoes….. Which he wouldn’t have to do for me…. I snap back to reality when I hear the key ring jingle. He’s walking around snapping off lights and I wait at the door for him.

We walked to the elevator in silence, his flat hand at the small of my back creating such a surge of energy and tension that I couldn’t muster the words to express myself.
I have no words ......... This image makes me just.... :thud:

Wow, Moonlighter....thanks for the kind words. How'd you find me? This is hidden away in my cozy library.. :chin: ...and I'm on a dirt road a few miles from the highway! Thanks for visiting! :hyper2: It's great to have visitors! See how happy you've made me? :woohoo:
Last edited by Lucy on Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

Lucy wrote:Wow, Moonlighter....thanks for the kind words. How'd you kind me? This is hidden away in my cozy library.. :chin: ...and I'm on a dirt road a few miles from the highway! Thanks for visiting! :hyper2: It's great to have visitors! See how happy you've made me? :woohoo:
Well see, Lucy -- I'm a mosey-er. I like to hop in my fanfic car, pop in some smooth jazz, and meander all through the Challenge Fics that I have yet to read. Makes for a marvelous trip, and the best thing is I get to Image some incredible stories to be enjoyed again for some, or for the first time, like me!
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Back for a reread... I loved this challenge very much. I really liked your take on the story...
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

allegrita wrote:Back for a reread... I loved this challenge very much. I really liked your take on the story...
Thank-you! Challenges are fantastic for stirring up the Muses.. :chin: .....bringing things out of closets that we can display for visitors! :reading:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I'm making my way through some of the older challenges. I love this take on Mick's revelation
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

cassysj wrote:I'm making my way through some of the older challenges. I love this take on Mick's revelation

Gosh it feels good to hear those words of yours..... :curtsey: :notworthy: THANKS.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Lucy, what a wonderful interpretation - and twist - on the aftermath of episode 2. It makes so much more sense than what the writers actually did with that part of the story line. I love the way that Beth's memories of her childhood nightmare surfaced at the very moment she saw Mick in vampire mode. It really seems as if that would have triggered her memories, just as you wrote them. And you wrote them so poetically, so perfect for her dreamlike and trance like state at that moment.

Loved the kitchen encounter and Beth's rambling thoughts at that moment! Of course she would be rather distracted by Mick's appearance at that moment, in spite of everything! Also loved the way she noticed the old fashioned gentlemanly way he took her home....... And loved the way she told him all of her memories, and the way he told her, straight out, that he was the man who had brought her home when she was a little girl.

Best of all is the delightful ending, going back right to the title of your story. How perfect to have the last words of this story be exactly the same as the last words of the episode. "I'm a vampire"......Back to that! ;-)
Last edited by Shadow on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

This reminds me too just a touch of the original pilot episode, in that Beth remembered her past with Mick so much more quickly. Also made me think of FarCry's fabulous video, Lovers of Today. FarCry captured that moment visually, with Beth's first glimpse of vamp Mick melding into her memories of the fight between Mick and Coraline.

What an intriguing story this is! It brought up so many thoughts and ideas for me, and I find myself wishing the writers had followed your vision!
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Shadow....
We just don't have a big enough blushing emoticon! I did enjoy putting this together...love their moments of realizations. :hug:
:thanks:
BlueEyedMonster
Fledgling

Post by BlueEyedMonster »

Sorry for the quick read and comment RL is waiting.

I love your take on Moonlight and it's characters just perfect in every way Thank you
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

BlueEyedMonster wrote:Sorry for the quick read and comment RL is waiting.

I love your take on Moonlight and it's characters just perfect in every way Thank you
Oh, dear, dear BEM-
the fact that you swung in is sweet! :thanks:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Wanted to give this story a bump. Such a great take on this very important event.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

cassysj wrote:Wanted to give this story a bump. Such a great take on this very important event.
It means so much that you did that. I do love Moonlight. :flowers: thanks!!!!!!

Return to “Lucy's Office”