Streets of the Night - Beth's memories

Shadow
Courtesan

Streets of the Night - Beth's memories

Post by Shadow »

Mick and Beth, the past they share, and Beth's memories.

to watch on youtube: (best in HQ)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT0scjw8 ... ture=email
Last edited by Shadow on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Streets of the Night - Mick and Beth

Post by redwinter101 »

Gah!!! I'm so excited to see a new vid from you, Shadow. But I can't watch at work :grumble: so I'll have to wait until I get home tonight.

Oh the anticipation...

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

I have an afternoon off work and what a treat to come back to :clapping:

Shadow this is absolutely stunning. The song choice is so perfect for this vid. It gives it a great feeling of looking into the past and I love the expert way you've put the shots together too :thumbs:

Oh if only I could be this good.

I just love your work. I'm a fan :biggrin:

:heart: :heart:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

I completely agree with coco - this is so beautifully put together. You've drawn out the story within the story and given it its own life and breath. Simply gorgeous.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

This is an excellent video. Even though I had never heard the song before, everything went together perfectly. I wonder how many shows with only 16 episodes have had this number of videos made?
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

I wonder if anyone's ever figured out the number of music videos per episode of show? I wouldn't be surprised if Moonlight's number was higher than that of any other show. Maybe because there are, indeed, so many stories within the story. Anyway, only Moonlight could compel a computer challenged person like me to learn how to do something like this!

Coco, Red, Moonlightsonata, thanks ever so much for the wonderful comments. I'm so glad you all liked this rather obscure song. When I heard it, I just instantly thought of it as the setting for Beth's memories. It's great that it worked for you too.

Coco, it is such an honor having such a great vid-maker as a fan ... :rose:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Streets of the Night - Beth's memories

Post by francis »

This is really lovely. The song perfectly matches the story you tell, and the choice of scenes is wonderful. Great!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

shadow - This is stunning. Absolutely stunning. You've pulled together the pieces just brilliantly here and overlaid them in a way that tells a cohesive story without ever overpowering the music. The song itself is haunting and lovely, but when married with your vision it is truly breathtaking.

I'm not sure how I missed it until now, but I have to tell you this is one of my favorite ML videos ever. :heart:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

Okay, another top-notch video! I love the Celtic sound of the music, and Lilly is right, you married the pastiche of video images expertly. :clapping:
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Shadow, this is gorgeous. I love the song--I'd never heard it before, but it's perfect for this theme. I love the eeriness of the Celtic flute, and the recurring references to fire and memory. The scenes match the music beautifully and the fades work really well--never overdone. I love the story you tell with this video. :flowers:
lunalux
Fledgling

Post by lunalux »

Lovely. I'm a real fan of celtic music and this video is perfect. And while I was there I found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw9Tn-oerIY&NR=1 which I also really love.

Thanks for posting.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

francis wrote:This is really lovely. The song perfectly matches the story you tell, and the choice of scenes is wonderful. Great!
Thank you so much francis - finding a song like this is kind of magical; it was as if it could have been written for Beth. And it makes it really easy to choose the scenes!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Lilly wrote:shadow - This is stunning. Absolutely stunning. You've pulled together the pieces just brilliantly here and overlaid them in a way that tells a cohesive story without ever overpowering the music. The song itself is haunting and lovely, but when married with your vision it is truly breathtaking.

I'm not sure how I missed it until now, but I have to tell you this is one of my favorite ML videos ever. :heart:

Lilly, I am stunned by your comment! I've always loved your beautiful videos - and it really means a lot to know this is one of your favorites ever.
Wow, that is an amazing compliment. Thanks you so much. :rose:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

wollstonecraft61 wrote:Okay, another top-notch video! I love the Celtic sound of the music, and Lilly is right, you married the pastiche of video images expertly. :clapping:
Thanks so much! I'm so glad you liked this music, too -- it's an unusual song and I was really happy to find it; it was so perfect for what I wanted to do.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

allegrita wrote:Shadow, this is gorgeous. I love the song--I'd never heard it before, but it's perfect for this theme. I love the eeriness of the Celtic flute, and the recurring references to fire and memory. The scenes match the music beautifully and the fades work really well--never overdone. I love the story you tell with this video. :flowers:
Thank you Allegrita! I had been wanting to do a story about Beth's memories and it was wonderful luck finding this song. I loved the references to fire and memory too; it made the lyrics so perfect. I'm so glad you liked this one!

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”