SFX magazine doing a Moonlight ep guide with Alex comments

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: SFX magazine doing a Moonlight ep guide with Alex comments

Post by wpgrace »

Spoiler:
Am I reading this correctly that he is the one who came up with the head against the wall moment? That that wasn't in the script but was his improv?
Cause if so, d@mn! Double cool! He is sooo totally cool! Have I mentioned that I love him??

Coco, thank you so much for the time and effort this took for you to get this up here for us... this was wonderfully interesting and just fabulous to view the eps from Alex's point of view... his was kinda the one that counts for me! Bob bless you, Sweetie! :hearts:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
darlingcat
Courtesan

Post by darlingcat »

wpgrace wrote:
Spoiler:
Am I reading this correctly that he is the one who came up with the head against the wall moment? That that wasn't in the script but was his improv?
Cause if so, d@mn! Double cool! He is sooo totally cool! Have I mentioned that I love him??:
That was my understanding too, Grace
Wow! He is good! :hearts:
That and "My Beth" was his too. The millionth and one reason to love him :happysigh:
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

Oh, this will give us something to chew over. I want to link MLD over here. I'm sure they'll want to read these. Yes, I agree with Alex. He knew all the good parts of ML. The Ringer was such a good epi and he agreeed. A few surprises but mostly what most of us thought. Also I'm surprised Alex remembers so much of the storylines because I KNOW we've seen the eppys more than he has and he had to be totally exhausted a lot of the time to remember the details. Sounds like he has watched the eppys, though, probably a few times at least.
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Another treat:
Spoiler:
17 Josef Kostan
Played by: Jason Dohring
Undead in: Moonlight[2007-2008]

You can bet that if Josef Kostan had ended up the way he'd been envisioned for the pilot of Moonlight, he wouldn't have been half as popular as he's turned out. Originally the character - a 400-year-old vampire who dabbles in big business - was to be a more cliched aged vampire played by an actor called Rade Serbedzija. But amond the many, many changes made between the pilot and the series was recasting Kostan.
The role eventually went to Veronica Mars's considerably more youthful Jason Dohring (apparently he was the personal choice of the show's executive producer, Joel Silver), which turned the character from a crusty Rupert Murdoch-style business magnate into a thrusting, sharp-suited young-gun with an insatiable appetite from blood, women and expensive luxuries. He also loves his gadgets and fully embraces the information age - you can bet that Kostan's got Twitter and Facebook accounts.
The result was a louche, witty, energetic supporting character who often threatened to outshine the show's star, Mick, whom he readily "re-turns" into a vampire at one point after Mick has a brief relapse into humanity. Shame the show was cancelled as a Josef spin-off series could have been great.
Last edited by coco on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

wpgrace wrote:
Spoiler:
Cause if so, d@mn! Double cool! He is sooo totally cool! Have I mentioned that I love him??

Coco, thank you so much for the time and effort this took for you to get this up here for us... this was wonderfully interesting and just fabulous to view the eps from Alex's point of view... his was kinda the one that counts for me! Bob bless you, Sweetie! :hearts:
That's what I took it to mean Grace. Don't you just love him so much?
That man put everything into this show and that is why Mick works so well for me. Alex made Mick special in every way. :hearts:

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

I linking this over to MLD.

Can you imagine the Josef Kostan show? Oh, wow, never thought of that. "Moonlight: In the Penthouse"
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Final treat. (my fingers are all typed out. :snicker: )
Spoiler:
4 Mick St John
Played by: Alex O'Loughlin
Undead in: Moonlight [2007-2008]

There was some serious block voting going on when it came to this guy, but, to be fair, fans of all shows where equally entitiled to block vote. Who are we to censure votes just because Moonlight fans got their act together and Blood Ties fans didn't? Besides, think through the logic: if fans are avid enough to want to mobilise a voting campaign, what does this say about the guy they're voting for? That he's popular, basically. Ipso facto, he's earned his place in the top 10, fair and square (though we're glad he didn't beat Christopher Lee).
Mick St John is privite investigator in modern-day LA who also just happens to be a vampire. (Hey, maybe he should form some kind of union with Angel, the Vampire Private Ivestigators Regulatory Executive - or VamPIRE.) He was sired around 60 years ago by his wife, Coraline, on his wedding day, which is on e Hell of a way to consummating a marriage. But he's not really comfortable with teh traditional vampire lifestyle and refuses to hunt women, children or innocents, and rejects the idea of treating humanity as just a quick snack.
After his disastrous nuptials he's understandably not keen on pursuing any romantic avenues for a while, but things change when he "bumps into" internet reporter Beth Turner. Bumps into in inverted commas, because he's actually been stalking her since she was five, when he rescued her fron his ex-wife.... but let's not go there. It's all a bit creepy.
Why's he so popular? The looks, the charm, the conflicted nature. He's Edward Cullen for the mature woman, though a lot more eloquent (then again, there are sea sponges more eloquent than Edward Cullen :snicker: ). It's like all the things that make vampires sexy have been distilled into one character. Which reminds us of another character..... called Angel. Is it any coincidence that Angel co-creator David Greenwalt (in that he both co-created the show Angel and indeed the character Angel back in the early days of Buffy) was also one of the original showrunners on Moonlight?
Short answer - no.
:D

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

coco,

just finished reading all your posts....you a a saint, woman, and I'm so grateful you did this for us.....

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

dsr :hug: :heart: coco
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

Thanks sooooo much for doing this Coco! :hug: I've been eager to hear what THE MAN had to say! He saw many layers and shades of gray in the story and played it that way! Yay Alex!
Last edited by mwj01 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

mwj01 wrote:Thanks sooooo much for doing this Coco! :hug: I've been eager to hear what THE MAN had to say! He saw many layers and shades of gray in the story and played it that way! Yay Alex!

Seriously, don't you just LOVE him????? He's so smart! And Mick was never simple... nor simple to play. Yet Alex managed to convey all those feelings, some held in reserve for YEARS, some he didn't wish to acknowledge, some he resisted. I love what he had to say about WLB... you kinda said the same thing recently, Sister! (Which makes YOU smart too... :biggrin: ). Alex managed to portray all of that! Oh I cannot wait to see his upcoming productions! But I DO wish he had had more creative control (yes he was a veritable unknown and would never have had that) in ML... maybe it would've gotten farther... we'll never know. Sigh.

And Coco, thanks for responding about my question... we knew about the MyBeth being his improv, but I hadn't heard about the wall story... so new info, even after all these months!

And look how happy you have made us all... :rose: Kinda pathetic how little it takes to make us this happy, but still, Sweetie, look what you've done for us tonite! :smooch:

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

:rose: Coco, thank you so very much for sharing this with us. The commentaries are fascinating and heartwrenching at the same time. Wonderful memories!! Thank you!! :hearts:
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

wpgrace wrote:
And Coco, thanks for responding about my question... we knew about the MyBeth being his improv, but I hadn't heard about the wall story... so new info, even after all these months!

And look how happy you have made us all... :rose: Kinda pathetic how little it takes to make us this happy, but still, Sweetie, look what you've done for us tonite! :smooch:
My pleasure ladies. :curtesy: I was excited when I read the comments today and I'm still on a high from BBM so wanted to share it all. I knew if I had that reaction then you all would to. We love our Moonlight and we love our Mick and Alex for making him so very Mick. :hearts:

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Just wanted to add my thanks, as well, coco. :smooch: You must be exhausted after BBM. It means so much that you took the time to do this. :hearts:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

coco wrote:Another treat:
Spoiler:
17 Josef Kostan

You can bet that if Josef Kostan had ended up the way he'd been envisioned for the pilot of Moonlight, he wouldn't have been half as popular as he's turned out. Originally the character - a 400-year-old vampire who dabbles in big business - was to be a more cliched aged vampire played by an actor called Rade Serbedzija. But amond the many, many changes made between the pilot and the series was recasting Kostan.
The role eventually went to Veronica Mars's considerably more youthful Jason Dohring (apparently he was the personal choice of the show's executive producer, Joel Silver), which turned the character from a crusty Rupert Murdoch-style business magnate into a thrusting, sharp-suited young-gun with an insatiable appetite from blood, women and expensive luxuries. He also loves his gadgets and fully embraces the information age - you can bet that Kostan's got Twitter and Facebook accounts.
The result was a louche, witty, energetic supporting character who often threatened to outshine the show's star, Mick, whom he readily "re-turns" into a vampire at one point after Mick has a brief relapse into humanity. Shame the show was cancelled as a Josef spin-off series could have been great.

Oh the thoughts that this gives me... :thud: :thud: :thud:

Thanks, Coco! :hug:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Josefismysire wrote:
coco wrote:Another treat:
Spoiler:
17 Josef Kostan

Oh the thoughts that this gives me... :thud: :thud: :thud:

Thanks, Coco! :hug:

:snicker: Tho if they had done this, the boys would have to appear on one another's shows... you just CANNOT split them up!

Return to “100% Moonlight”