Note

A place for Lila's G - PG 13 stories
lila
Freelance freshie

Note

Post by lila »

Dear Munchkins and Readers,

As some of you may have noticed, I haven't been participating or mocking in the boards as much as I used to. This has nothing to do with my love (and downright frightening obsession) with Moonlight. That remains intact.
However, I have noticed that in the past year my grades have been slipping a little *coughalotcough*, and a New Year's resolution was to amend that by spending less time wanking on the net (cue sadface) and more time studying. Added to that, I also have a relatively new job as an intern for documentary director/producer, which is an amazing opportunity - one I would not have expected this early in my studies. Since my position there can become precarious at any time due to the crisis and downsizing, I have to give more than my best.
The result of juggling school and work is that as you can imagine I have limited free time, which I typically spend drinking myself into oblivion, or studying like a good little chipmunk.
Most jokes aside, I will do my best to squeeze in writing time, more specifically, fanfic writing time, but at this point I can't promise updates anytime soon. I dislike leaving Summer unfinished, but sometimes the Bitch, aka RL, has to come first.
However, do not despair and weep for me, my dumplings, because even though I won't be writing or posting much inappropriate comments these coming weeks (months?), you can't get rid of me so easily.

Winks and lots of love,

lila.

*** Crossposted at the BWP because I'm too lazy to write two Good Bye Speeches***
Thank you to Heartgram_lala for my beautiful icon.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Note

Post by redwinter101 »

Oh, lila. I understand - but forgive me for being a little sad too. I hope that you are able to pick up Summer at some point in the future as it is SUCH a great, great story.

But, congratulations on the wonderful internship - I hope it is just the beginning of wonderful things for you - and good for you for deciding on your priorities and focusing on the RL things that you need to do.

I do hope that you get a little time to stop by now and then, even if you don't come bearing fic - you're still ALWAYS welcome.

Love you :heart:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

What Red said, lila... come when you can! :hearts:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Lila RL comes first. I hope you'll come see us when you can :hug:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

Lila...when you need to hide from RL, we'll be here. :dracula:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
lila
Freelance freshie

Post by lila »

Oh, Red, thanks. I'm really sad too at not being able to spend much time here, but some things just have to be done. No worries, though, I'll definitiely come and hide here from RL like bluedahlia suggested ;) . Hugs and love my fiery friend.

And coco and grace, thanks so much for being understanding :) . I'll be seeing all of you soon, hopefully!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

lila wrote:Oh, Red, thanks. I'm really sad too at not being able to spend much time here, but some things just have to be done. No worries, though, I'll definitiely come and hide here from RL like bluedahlia suggested ;) . Hugs and love my fiery friend.

And coco and grace, thanks so much for being understanding :) . I'll be seeing all of you soon, hopefully!

Can we still bug you, every now and again, about your fic... just for old times sake and all? :snicker:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
lila
Freelance freshie

Post by lila »

wpgrace wrote:
lila wrote:Oh, Red, thanks. I'm really sad too at not being able to spend much time here, but some things just have to be done. No worries, though, I'll definitiely come and hide here from RL like bluedahlia suggested ;) . Hugs and love my fiery friend.

Can we still bug you, every now and again, about your fic... just for old times sake and all? :snicker:
Oh, bug away please! It makes me feel irritated in the first five seconds, but then the irritation passes and I'm left happy that anyone would like any of my stuff enough to pester me about it. :hug:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Hi, lila, I'm glad you didn't just vanish from the face of the internet. RL is important. But whenever you need a time out, we'll be here.
And I won't bug you - much. What about that next chapter of Summer, though? :snicker: :wave:
lila
Freelance freshie

My Concubines are Lame!

Post by lila »

francis wrote:Hi, lila, I'm glad you didn't just vanish from the face of the internet. RL is important. But whenever you need a time out, we'll be here.
And I won't bug you - much. What about that next chapter of Summer, though? :snicker: :wave:
Mwahaha, I am holding Summer captive for Comments-Ransom! Until I get at least one hundred and sixty two comments I will not update! My genius is underappreciated by you, the unwashed masses!

Eh, not really. I will reserve that douchebaggery for F_W. ( http://www.journalfen.net/community/fan ... mode=reply ) .

And francis, will you please still PM me with your updates? That's something I definitely still have time for ;) .
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

wow, just found your note exactly one year to the day from you announcement.

Hope the internship was FANTASTIC.....would love to hear your RL progress.
lila
Freelance freshie

Post by lila »

Strange, isn't it? I can't believe its been a year since I posted that. I really thought I'd take a couple of months, do my thang, and then be back. I miss wanking!
But I traded one job for another (currently broadcast journalism) and I'm still so new to it, still learning so much, that I have even less time. Anyone who's worked in journalism knows how time-consuming and demanding it is, esp. because producers tend to consider reporters to be on call 24/7. It sucks and I love it, wouldn't have it any other way. OTOH, grades are up and looking good, so I do predict I'll be able to manage my time better, hopefully soon!
In the mean time, what have you all been up to? I am curious, let me know!

Return to “Lila's Office”