Jason playing in the 2009 BMW Charity Pro-Am - 5/16

Josefismysire
Courtesan

Re: Jason to play in the 2009 BMW Charity Pro-Am

Post by Josefismysire »

Lilly wrote:Announcement from the organizers of the BMW Charity Pro-Am:

GREENVILLE, S.C. (May 5, 2009) – Actress Catherine Bell, actor Dave Coulier and both Wayne and Janet Gretzky have withdrawn from the 2009 BMW Charity Pro-Am golf tournament.

While I sympathize with the fans of these celebrities who hoped to see them play, this can be seen as a positive for Jason's fans. Last year's Golf Channel coverage could easily have been dubbed "The Wayne Gretzky Show." With him bowing out, there is hope that we may actually get to see dear Jason on TV this year. :thumbs:
:yahoo: :cheering: :yahoo: :hyper: :yahoo:

Ooops..I meant.. :sadface:

:whistle:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

GREENVILLE, S.C. (May 5, 2009) – Actress Catherine Bell, actor Dave Coulier and both Wayne and Janet Gretzky have withdrawn from the 2009 BMW Charity Pro-Am golf tournament.

While I sympathize with the fans of these celebrities who hoped to see them play, this can be seen as a positive for Jason's fans. Last year's Golf Channel coverage could easily have been dubbed "The Wayne Gretzky Show." With him bowing out, there is hope that we may actually get to see dear Jason on TV this year. :thumbs:
Now that you say that I do remember a lot of Wayne Gretzky last year.
MSJ_sunglasses
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MSJ_sunglasses »

librarian_7 wrote:Image

Lucky
As a Mick girl who went to The Quail Hollow Championship last weekend, I will state that I didn't see anything nearly as nice as this on the course :no: no siree!

So I will just shout FORE! or should that be Cor! :snicker: :happysigh: :whistle:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

cassysj wrote: Now that you say that I do remember a lot of Wayne Gretzky last year.
Wayne Gretzky was the celebrity winner (Jason came in third), but they made a big deal about the fact that his wife and son were in the competition as well. He and Greg Kinnear got the bulk of the celebrity coverage.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

MSJ_sunglasses wrote:
librarian_7 wrote:Image

Lucky
As a Mick girl who went to The Quail Hollow Championship last weekend, I will state that I didn't see anything nearly as nice as this on the course :no: no siree!

So I will just shout FORE! or should that be Cor! :snicker: :happysigh: :whistle:
Oh. Well. Just. um...YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!

:thud: :melts: :melts: :thud:
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

Josefismysire wrote:

:yahoo: :cheering: :yahoo: :hyper: :yahoo:

Ooops..I meant.. :sadface:

:whistle:
Yeeaahh....sure..that's what you meant, JIMS :whistle: :snicker:

Come on, who wants the "Wayne Gretzky Show" anyway?? Just sayin'....
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

When Wayne Gretzky and his wife and son are on the course, I would be shouting, "Bore!"

Just sayin'. ;)
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

:bump:

This Thursday!!!!!!! :woohoo:
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

I'll be watching...and not for the grip, I'd like to add. Gosh that man is a hunk. :cheer: :wave: :cheer:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Tournament updates:

David James Elliott of JAG has dropped out of the event.

And, the weather in the Spartanburg, SC area for Thursday through Sunday is forecast to be in the low to mid 80's, and partly cloudy with chances of scattered thunderstorms. Not ideal, but it could be worse.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

Another hottie is out of the competition??

Oh. Darn. :whistle:
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

Such a shame...more air time for Jason! Although DJE is a cutie. :groupwave:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

MickLifeCrisis wrote:Omg, it almost like those shirt sleeves can't stretch enough to fit over his biceps! (And this from a Mick/Alex chick! :snicker: )
I hope he's not like a guy I used to work with who conceded that he pinned his sleeves! :lol: J/K! (about Jason doing it, that is)

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

According to the website for WSPA, News Channel 7, serving Spartanburg, Greenville and Anderson SC:

Jason will be playing at Thornblade on Thursday, The Carolina Country Club on Friday and Bright's Creek on Saturday.

Only the top 14 Pro-Am teams will advance to the final round of play on Sunday at Thornblade.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

I think this is the link that Lilly is referring too...Just in case anyone is interested, here are the pairings:

http://www.wspa.com/spa/sports/college/ ... ced/17437/

BMW Charity Pro-AM
Published: May 11, 2009

GREENVILLE, S.C. (May 11, 2009) – Celebrity course rotations for the upcoming BMW Charity Pro-Am golf tournament were announced today. Celebrities that are scheduled to compete in this year’s event include: Steve Azar, Lucas Black, Javier Colon, Jason Dohring, Oliver Hudson, Greg Kinnear, Jennifer Mills, Terry O’Quinn, Michael Pena, Dennis Quaid, George Rogers, Joe Don Rooney, Stefanie Schaeffer, Sterling Sharpe, Kevin Sorbo, Kordell Stewart, Dabo Swinney, Paula Trickey, Gary Valentine and Ben Wright.
Celebrities will play the following course rotations:

Thursday:
Thornblade Club: The Carolina Country Club: Bright’s Creek:
Kevin Sorbo Dennis Quaid Steve Azar
Michael Pena Greg Kinnear Gary Valentine
Jason Dohring Terry O’Quinn Joe Don Rooney
Oliver Hudson Dabo Swinney Lucas Black
Sterling Sharpe Stefanie Schaeffer Paula Trickey
Kordell Stewart Javier Colon George Rogers
Jennifer Mills Ben Wright

Friday:
Steve Azar Kevin Sorbo Dennis Quaid
Gary Valentine Michael Pena Greg Kinnear
Joe Don Rooney Jason Dohring Terry O’Quinn
Lucas Black Oliver Hudson Dabo Swinney
Paula Trickey Sterling Sharpe Stefanie Schaeffer
George Rogers Kordell Stewart Javier Colon
Ben Wright Jennifer Mills

Saturday:
Dennis Quaid Steve Azar Kevin Sorbo
Greg Kinnear Gary Valentine Michael Pena
Terry O’Quinn Joe Don Rooney Jason Dohring
Dabo Swinney Lucas Black Oliver Hudson
Stefanie Schaeffer Paula Trickey Sterling Sharpe
Javier Colon George Rogers Kordell Stewart
Ben Wright Jennifer Mills

Sunday:
All golf is played at Thornblade Club (only the 14 lowest scoring pro-amateur/pro-celebrity teams advance to play Sunday’s final round).

The 2009 BMW Charity Pro-Am golf tournament will be played May 14-17 at Bright’s Creek Golf Club (Mill Spring, N.C.), The Carolina Country Club (Spartanburg, S.C.) and Thornblade Club (Greer, S.C.) golf courses. All four rounds will be televised live by the Golf Channel®.

The BMW Charity Pro-Am is the only tournament on the PGA TOUR’s Nationwide Tour where amateurs and celebrities are grouped with Nationwide Tour professionals in a four-day better-ball competition over three courses. Amateurs, celebrities and pros rotate between three courses on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, with the 14 lowest scoring pro-amateur/pro-celebrity teams advancing to play Sunday’s final round at Thornblade Club. Celebrities play once at each course on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The professional winner of the overall 72-hole event will take home $126,000 from the total purse of $700,000, which is one of the largest purses on the Nationwide Tour. Amateurs and celebrities will compete for individual prizes and cash donations to the charity of their choice out of the 78 tournament beneficiaries selected by South Carolina Charities, Inc.

The first eight tournaments have raised $6.7 million for 125+ area charities.

For more information on the BMW Charity Pro-Am golf tournament, sponsorship opportunities, amateur playing spots or volunteerism, call (864) 297-1660 or visit the tournament’s website at http://www.bmwcharitygolf.com.
Beautiful banner and avatar by sirensong!

Return to “General Discussion”