An Unexpected Gift (Champagne Challenge) PG

A place for Kelly's G to PG-13 stories
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: An Unexpected Gift (Champagne Challenge) PG

Post by francis »

wpgrace wrote:Awwww!!!! Kelly!!!! You totally got me! I could NOT figure out who they were, but I was so in love with both of them!!!! And only at the end did I know.... Nicely done!!! :happysigh:
Ditto. This was good, I could feel their emotions, it was almost painful to watch the way they tried to deal with this situation. And Mick certainly learned something from his father there.
And maybe Mick really turned out a lot like his father, and that's why he chose to live the dangerous life with Coraline, while still wanting something different with Beth. He's really complex, and his father must have had some impact. I really think you did well in imagining what he could have been like.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

This is lovely, Kel. You set the scene beautifully and I was hooked from the get-go. Just wonderful.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

Very sad. :bmoon: Poor little boy. Young children are innocent, unfortunately they don't understand the realities of the adult world. Beautiful story.
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
Kelly
Rogue vampire
Location: Lost in a daydream...I think Alex is in here somewhere too.

Post by Kelly »

librarian_7 wrote:Kelly, this was beautifully done. Very evocative, and a nice twist.

A keeper, for sure!

Lucky
Thank you, Lucky :rose: :hug:
Thanks SirenSong for the gorgeous MickCora tag

"Life is measured not by the number of breaths you take,
but rather by the number of moments that take your breath away.
Kelly
Rogue vampire

Post by Kelly »

allegrita wrote:Ooh, Kelly! We both envisioned Mick's dad, and in such different ways. I love this story. It's filled with regret and hope, love and the inability to live up to love, selfishness and self sacrifice. I wonder whatever became of that man. Did Mick ever meet him again? What kind of life did he lead?

Really thought provoking and filled with imagery that really sticks with me...thank you!
Wow...thanks, Alle :rose: :hug: Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time to delve deeper into Mick's dad's past. However, in my little ML world, he was a good man who made bad choices in his life. He didn't want Mick to grow up to relive his mistakes. He knows that Mick worships him and looks up to him for guidance, so he knows that staying with Mick would mean watching him turn into the one thing he wants least in the world. So he leaves, but not before teaching Mick an important lesson in kindness, love, and honor. And in doing so, he recieves a gift that he did not expect: Mick's forgiveness.

Kelly
Rogue vampire

Post by Kelly »

francis wrote:
wpgrace wrote:Awwww!!!! Kelly!!!! You totally got me! I could NOT figure out who they were, but I was so in love with both of them!!!! And only at the end did I know.... Nicely done!!! :happysigh:
Ditto. This was good, I could feel their emotions, it was almost painful to watch the way they tried to deal with this situation. And Mick certainly learned something from his father there.
And maybe Mick really turned out a lot like his father, and that's why he chose to live the dangerous life with Coraline, while still wanting something different with Beth. He's really complex, and his father must have had some impact. I really think you did well in imagining what he could have been like.
Thank you! :hug:

Kelly
Rogue vampire

Post by Kelly »

redwinter101 wrote:This is lovely, Kel. You set the scene beautifully and I was hooked from the get-go. Just wonderful.

Red
Aww...that means so much, Red. Thank you :hug: :rose:

Kelly
Rogue vampire

Post by Kelly »

Catmoon wrote:Very sad. :bmoon: Poor little boy. Young children are innocent, unfortunately they don't understand the realities of the adult world. Beautiful story.
Thank you! :hug:

coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Oh that made me cry Kelly. :hankie:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

so sad Kelly! this one really intrigued me. I really wanted to know some of the back story to this.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Awww, Kel. :hankie:
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
rijane
Freelance freshie

Post by rijane »

You came on recommendation from redwinter herself and she has impeccable taste.

That was sweet and lovely. I'm welling up with tears.

So simple and so lovely and so wonderful.

Amazing work.
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

I loved the language here Kelly. Beautifully done. Short, sweet just incredible. :hearts:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

I liked this, Kelly, even though it was really heartwrenching to read of young Mick's pain. But I will admit I was totally confused as to why his father felt the need to leave him (and his mother, of course). So to see this --
Kelly wrote: Wow...thanks, Alle :rose: :hug: Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time to delve deeper into Mick's dad's past. However, in my little ML world, he was a good man who made bad choices in his life. He didn't want Mick to grow up to relive his mistakes. He knows that Mick worships him and looks up to him for guidance, so he knows that staying with Mick would mean watching him turn into the one thing he wants least in the world. So he leaves, but not before teaching Mick an important lesson in kindness, love, and honor. And in doing so, he recieves a gift that he did not expect: Mick's forgiveness.
-- I'm glad you explained it in response to Allegrita, but I would love some more background on this. This story shows us that Mick just had a hard way to go from the beginning. Poor guy. :Mickangel:
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

It makes me sad to think that Mick's dad felt he couldn't fix his life without leaving behind the people he loved. I still wonder what happened to him, if he made himself over into a person he could be proud of... or if he ended up going further downhill when he left the anchor of his family.

I love stories that make me think, and wonder, and start to write little stories in my head...

Return to “Kelly's Office”