Forever -take 2- PG

A place for JosefsRose's G to PG-13 stories
JosefsRose
Freelance freshie

Forever -take 2- PG

Post by JosefsRose »

This is the same conversation, as the original, but from Mick's POV.

Forever...

He promised himself that if he got out of this alive he would never wish today away again , he would never count his chickens before they were hatched, choose the bird in the bush, over the bird in the hand.

Right here, Right now... the music was enough... until...

We need to talk about this, she’s upset, “Beth, your not old, why would you think you are?” She’s beautiful, how can she think that. My brows crease in confusion, just for a second, but she sees it.

“I’m nearly thirty, that’s old. I’m going to have wrinkles soon. What then?” I can sense she’s worried about something, but what? “Your not getting any older. Your forever thirty. Perfect in every way.” I step towards her, wanting to take her in my arms to comfort her, but she steps away, hesitating. I think I know what now.

“Beth, you’re not getting wrinkles, and you are perfect. No matter what happens I’ll love you. You are My Beth.” Her whole face has changed, there’s anger, and fear there. Fear of what? Me? What did I do, did I say something wrong? She looks ready to stake me.

“Aghh, you just don’t get it. You’re such a typical man. I’m not getting younger, I only have a finite amount of time. You have forever, no worries about getting old, or what you look like. You said it yourself, perpetual coolness is the vampires curse. I don’t have that. I don’t have forever.” I raised my eye brows at her outburst, and the confusion sets back in. She’s started to cry now, and this time I do embrace her, I need to hold her, feel her. Let her know I’m always going to be here. Her hands came to my chest, but they’re not pushing at me, just resting there, a barrier between us.. “Mick, I want to be with you always. I just need to know that’s what you want.” Her tears have soaked threw the material of my top, they are warm against my cool skin, and I can smell the salt in them. I do understand now. This is about love, our love. About forever. About the one thing I don’t know if I can do. Turn her.

Holding her, I take in her scent, all that is Beth, My Beth, and I receive the jumble of emotions she has, Love, fear, sadness. I need to think, work out what to do, to say. I don’t want her hurting like this, it kills my soul to know I caused it. “Beth, we will work this out, I promise. You have time, when the time comes…” I’m at war with myself, I hate what I am, but I can’t lose her. Will she realise the cost of what I’m about to say? “I’ll turn you, just not yet. Forever is a long time. For now lets concentrate on what we have, and build on it. Here and now. Can you do that?” I ask her, and push her away, just so I watch her reaction. I wipe at the tears on her cheeks, with the pads of my thumbs. It’s only the slightest of touches, but she sees my pain, my love. The love that is only hers. She know now, what it took say those few words. Her hand, so small, so gentle traces my jaw, and she nods, gives me her accent for forever, she has given me time. If she had any worries about us, there gone, and I kiss her. I was gentle at first, but the closeness of her, mixed with her honeyed scent is too much, and our kiss becomes more. Her hands move, tangling in my hair, pulling me closer. All worries gone. We have danced to the silent music, and I have paid the piper. In this moment of time, I focus on right here, right now. My Beth.
What Josef want's. Josef gets!

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Forever -take 2- PG

Post by francis »

Nice change of POV. In this one, I got more of a feeling that Mick is getting there. He promised to turn her, didn't he? That's a huge step already. In the mirror story from Beth's POV that sentence totally got lost in her desperation. In this story the same conversation makes me think that Mick has some kind of serenity that a mortal just can't get. She doesn't understand him either. But they are getting there. I get some hopeful feeling from this one.

Return to “JosefsRose's Office”