Moonlight Becomes You (PG-13)

A place for Barnabas' G to PG-13 stories.
Barnabas
Kostan Industries intern

Moonlight Becomes You (PG-13)

Post by Barnabas »

(I don't own Moonlight or its characters - I just have fun with 'em)

Moonlight Becomes You

The sound on the monitors had long ago been muted, but the screens still glowed. The numbers displaying heart rate, respiration and blood pressure flickered and changed. The lines scrolling across the screen rose and fell, rose and fell.

Josef sat at Sarah’s bedside. He didn’t need to worry about waking her but he was crying silently nonetheless. With one hand he stroked Sarah’s lovely hair. His other hand held hers. He was remembering the night he had tried to make her his forever.

Sarah had told him she was ready. They were standing on the balcony of Josef’s penthouse suite at the St. Regis Hotel. The sky was clear, and a full moon shone above them. Josef thought Sarah had never been more beautiful. She wore a full-length cream colored evening gown with sparking sequins. A simple string of pearls hung around her neck. A pearl bracelet adorned one wrist. Josef was dressed in a tuxedo. He took Sarah into his arms and looked deep into her eyes. “Moonlight becomes you,” he said. Sarah smiled and gently kissed his forehead, then his lips. She let her head fall back, exposing her neck. When Josef sank his fangs into the soft flesh Sarah moaned gently, but didn’t pull away. Josef drank until Sarah was nearly drained of blood. He then picked her up and carried her back inside. Josef gently laid Sarah down on the plush sofa and opened a cut in his own wrist. He held the dripping wound to Sarah’s lips, and her mouth quickly filled with blood. When the blood began to overflow and trickle down her cheek, Josef called to Sarah, imploring her to drink. His blood soaked the cushion beneath Sarah’s head. Josef shook Sarah, gently at first, but harder as his terror mounted. Her necklace broke, and pearls rolled across the floor. Blood splattered the sofa and the front of Josef’s tuxedo. His body convulsed as he threw his head back and screamed in agony…

That had been fifty-three years ago. Tonight, Sarah was as beautiful as ever. Josef reached up and adjusted the blinds behind her bed so that the full moon shone on her lovely face. His tears dampened Sarah’s pillow as he leaned forward and kissed her, first on the forehead, then gently on the lips. “Moonlight becomes you,” he whispered, his voice cracking with emotion. Josef placed a finger on the power switch and pressed it. The barely perceptible hum from the machines that had been keeping Sarah alive stopped. The monitor screens went dark. Josef took Sarah’s head in his hands, fell to his knees and sobbed into her pillow.
Mags
Fledgling

Re: Moonlight Becomes You (PG-13)

Post by Mags »

B that was Beautiful and so bittersweet,I Love one shots and I'm so glad I read this one *sniff*
Banner by JerseyGirl, avatar by tugafanatic and tag by Barnabas
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

Okay, :hankie: this one just breaks my heart!!!
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
oncebitten
Freelance freshie

Post by oncebitten »

Aw Barnabus, I'm so happy to see this posted here! It is such a lovely, but oh so very sad, tribute to Josef's love for Sarah. I can see the moonlight streaming in on her face as the monitor lights disappear, and Josef pours out his grief. You did a brilliant job with this scene in just four paragraphs, not an easy thing to do. :rose:

Thanks to Tug for my awesome avatar.
Tag by Barnabus
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

wow. powerful barnabas. I love the image of the pearls rolling across the floor, and the blood stained tuxedo.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

:hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: I remember this one. It made me cry before and it still does.
one.zebra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by one.zebra »

Ahhhh..I always thought the kindest thing he could do would be to let her (and himself) go.....heartbreakingly beautiful...
Banner and avatar by Twilightdew!

Travelling 33rpm in an iPod world
Barnabas
Kostan Industries intern

Post by Barnabas »

Thanks for the kind words!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

How sad!

I always hoped for a miracle there, but your writing is lovely!

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Barnabas
Kostan Industries intern

Post by Barnabas »

Thank you, jen!
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Oh, so sad and so melancholic...I have always thought it would be impossible for Sarah to go away that way and that she'd have to be put down as a vamp,which would make things sooo much more complicated than that for Josef...It feels so much better to say their goodbyes like that.. :hankie: :hankie:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Barnabas
Kostan Industries intern

Post by Barnabas »

Thanks, maggatha3 - this was one of my favorites. I seem to be drawn to writing the sad stuff.

Return to “Barnabas' Office”