Christmas 1963 Part 6 Forgiveness Series PG

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Christmas 1963 Part 6 Forgiveness Series PG

Post by cassysj »

Christmas 1963

"Charles! We have to get Christmas ornaments!" Sarah cried

"Why?

"Because I want us to decorate a tree with Mother.

Charles shook his head. "We’re going to get a large dying tree, bring it indoors and put colorful balls on it. How exciting."

"Charles didn’t you decorate trees when you were little?

"No, the custom didn’t become widespread until the 19th century.

Sarah wasn't convinced. "I know Christmas trees date back as far as the 1520’s are you telling me you didn’t embrace every new custom then like you do now?

"I don’t embrace every new custom.

Sarah put her hands on her hips. "Really? Then what’s that ridiculous monstrosity in the living room what do you say it’s called a videotape recorder thing.

"Sarah, I’m telling you that’s progress.

"Why would anyone want to see something you’ve already seen before?" Sarah wondered

"Trust me it’s the wave of the future."

Sarah rolled her eyes. "Right. Because fifty years from now I’m going to want to see an episode of the Beverly Hillbillies."

"You just wait and see Missy.

"Missy? It’s been a while since you called me that.

"Whenever I’m reminded of how young you are I’m calling you Missy.

"Fine old man, I’m not going to fight with you. I’m really excited that you’re letting Mother come to our “real” home this year."

"Sarah your mother has done everything I’ve asked. You’re in control of yourself. When she didn’t faint last year when we drank from Monica and Michelle I knew we could let her come here."

Sarah was jumping up and down. "So we’re going to get a tree, ornaments, garland. We’re going to get a crèche to put underneath it. I want you to buy presents for the donors to put under the tree.

"Sarah I always give them New Year’s presents.

"Charles, Mother is bringing them all small bottles of perfume. We need to give them our presents the same time."

"Sarah we give them all Christmas Eve and Day off. When are we going to do this gift exchange?" Charles asked

"December 26th Boxing Day.

"Have we moved to England? Charles asked.

"Don’t argue with me. We’re going to Midnight Mass as well.

"I think you and Anne will have a lovely time at church Tell me all about it.

"Charles! You’re coming with us. We also have to buy something for Mick & Coraline.

Charles was stunned "They’re celebrating Christmas now?

"I want to invite them over. Mother doesn’t think we have any friends.

Charles sighed "They’re not friends they’re acquaintances. If you want to invite friends why don’t we ask Hope and whatever unfortunate vampire she’s dating this week.

"You want your Marilyn Monroe lookalike secretary?

"She’s more than that Sarah Besides you love Hope.

"I do! She’s brilliant, funny, charming and loves you like a brother. But when the two of you get into a room together you start with the witty repartee and it’s like watching a Noel Coward play."

Charles smiled "So we’re entertaining.

"It will look like we’re putting on an act for Mother.

"So you want the St. Johns because they’re dull.

"They are not dull. You’ve known Coraline a long time.

"Yes, but I can’t stand the whiner. Oh, woe is me! I’m immortal, strong, young and handsome but I’m not satisfied.

Sarah smiled because it was a little too close to accurate. "Charles it takes time to leave humanity behind. I had some trouble if I recall."

"Sarah he was turned before you. Coraline should have taken a firm hand with him.

"He didn’t get to choose like I did. She surprised him.

"So she surprised him. Grow up and join the rest of us here in the real world. I don’t think we should invite them.

"Why not?

"If he gets to meet your mother, he’ll be crying to Coraline. “Why can’t I see my Mommy?”

"All right, all right. We’ll ask Hope instead. My mother’s never been to California. I have to take her around and show her the sights.

"Sarah where is she telling people she’s spending Christmas?

"Philadelphia with her niece.

"What is she telling her niece? Charles asked

"She doesn’t have a niece.

"Good.
Last edited by cassysj on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AggieVamp
Rogue vampire

Re: Christmas 1963 Part 6 Forgiveness Series PG

Post by AggieVamp »

Ohh! A Christmas Story! :snicker: And they're having company - of the human AND vampire kind! This should be interesting. I also can't WAIT to see how Hope reacts to Sarah's mother - it will be fun to see what she calls Sarah's mother - in FRONT of Sarah & Josef!

Looking forward to the next installment.....(need a hand rubbing smilie - for anticipation!)

Karen
Banner by HotMicks

Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional - and I Opt NOT to Grow Up!
:petcat: :petcat:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I love this. How far Mick and Josef have come since then...
Anne is resourceful to cover her tracks. And Sarah has thought of everything. Poor Josef hardly has a choice. :biggrin:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Aggie - Sarah's come very far. Social interaction should be interesting.

francis - I agree Josef doesn't have a choice. Sarah is past the early fledgling stage and is now more comfortable with the role of wife. She is setting up social interactions
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

This is funny. "The whiner!" Poor Mick. Little does he or Josef know what such good friends they're going to be one day! Great addition, cassy. :clapping:
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

wollstonecraft61 - I agree Josef has no idea how close he and Mick will become. Right now he's the whiner
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

OK, I just have to catch my breath... Man! This one is just toooo funny. Josef has his hands full with Sarah, doesn't he? She definitely wants to give them a social life, so her mom won't worry that she's lonely. And I guess the pickings are a little thin...
So you want the St. Johns because they’re dull.
POOR MICK! :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
And imagine how horrified Coraline would be to hear someone describe her as dull! :gasp:

Oh lord, I have to wipe the tears of laughter out of my eyes... you absolutely cracked me up with this one. I'm so happy to see Hope, too! Hahahaha, the Marilyn Monroe lookalike secretary... :rolling: :rolling: Oh me, oh my... :rolling: :rolling:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Part of Sarah is still in the 50's. I wanted this to be a young woman excited to show her mother how wonderful her home and life is. I thought of poor Coraline being "dull". She wouldn't talk to them for a century if she knew.

Hope was clamoring to get in this story. It actually worked because in my doll series Hope knew all about Sarah and helped Josef/Charles in the early years. Hope will have a big part in their lives starting with 1977 Blackout and 1982 Anne's Birthday stories.

Return to “Forgiveness”