Drabble: Aftermath (Mick's POV) (G)

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Drabble: Aftermath (Mick's POV) (G)

Post by librarian_7 »

A/N: I often find one drabble inspires another. Allegrita posted one earlier this evening, Aftermath, from Beth’s point of view in the motel in Fever, as she looked at Mick Thanks for the inspiration, Allegrita, and with your kind permission, here’s my take on Mick’s viewpoint.

Aftermath (Mick’s POV)

I meant to go to you, Beth. But Leni was here, in my arms, before I could think. What we did—what you did—was so enormous, I can’t express what it means. Are you all right? Can you forgive me? I know you volunteered, but how could you know what would happen? All I can do is stand here, wishing you were in my arms. I watched you for years, and now, now you’re part of me in a way I never intended. Can you understand, when I smile at you, what I mean? Beth, are we all right?
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Re: Drabble: Aftermath (Mick's POV) (G)

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

there's a lovely gentleness and uncertainty here in Mick. he has a real sweetness to him.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Lucky, I'm honored that you found inspiration in my little drabble, and I can definitely see Mick thinking those things as he stood there. I imagine that he really did feel overwhelmed. "Not yours--not like this!!!" But it is like this, and now he has to figure out what to do about it.

And of course he's eloquent inside his head! :roll:

Thank you very much! :hyper2:
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

He expresses things so wonderfully inside his own head! Great POV!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :Mickangel: :dizzy: :banghead: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :hearts: :rose:

mitzie :mooncat:
aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

:hug: I started to choke up when I read this. Short...but saying everything about Mick and Beth's future. This is where they began and you conveyed that perfectly. :smooch:
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I think we've all experienced that feeling of things sounding much more eloquent and articulate in our heads than out loud. And with the evidence of Mick's voice-overs, he does, too.

That smile has always seemed to be rueful, as though he'd much rather be holding and comforting Beth, but needs to take care of Leni, too.

Thanks for reading and commenting! Allegrita's drabble just cried out to me for a response from the other side of the equation!

Lucky
susieb
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by susieb »

Just beautiful. I love this scene in Fever. Beth and Mick connected, yet apart. So much unsaid, unasked, unanswered. Symbolic of their relationship throughout the series. Your Mick voiceover rings absolutely true. Kudos! :flowers:
Susie

Sometimes the past doesn't catch up with you, it haunts you.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Absolutely beautiful.

This is one of the charming points that drew us all in. Mick, Mr. Perpetually Cool, was so uncertain of his right to a 'place in the sun' with Beth, so sure that monsters don't get a happily ever after and that he is surely one--in short that the vampire defined him. In this situation, that his powerful urges and appetites forever controlled and charted the parameters of who he was.

Beth saw beyond that. Much later, in FTP, she would tell him that being a vampire isn't all he is.

All of that love, so tightly restrained, is here in this lovely paragraph.

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Last edited by jen on Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

I think Mick here is quite eloquent in his head, and he was probably fearful that his true feelings would be revealed if he held Beth in his arms at that moment. After the "Not yours, not like this" statement, he was probably being super cautious. However........actions speak louder than words, and I really wish we'd seen him at least helping the poor woman up off the floor, for Pete's sake!

This was a great companion piece to Allegrita's drabble, Lucky.
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Oh I missed this too!!! :eek2: :slaphead: :blushing:

Wonderfully poignant how you capture Mick's confusion and uncertainty. He doesn't know yet what this means, and he's not sure if Beth got it. She probably didn't really get it, but she felt something she didn't understand. And he's unable to make her understand, now that Leni is there. They weren't free to talk about it.

Reading this just after reading allegrita's drabble makes this even more wonderful. :clapping:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Poor Mick.

He is so certain and confident in his role as protector and guardian angel and so confused and filled with doubt about his right to anything good.

This was lovely.

Again.

Thanks.

Jenna

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
BlueEyedMonster
Fledgling

Post by BlueEyedMonster »

You are fixing all the boo boos Lucky. Again it bothered me Mick left Beth on the floor but he did give her that small and heart melting smile.

Return to “Drabbles and Short Pieces”