One Hundred Grand - PG-13 (Challenge Fic)

A place for PNWgal's G to PG-13 stories
jen
Cleaner

Re: One Hundred Grand - PG-13 (Challenge Fic)

Post by jen »

Just stopped by for a reread and it is SO worth it. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Personally, I am scared to death of a sequel. I like nice, snarky Josef and adorable, heroic Mick. :confused2:

And I want the good guys to win in the end. :pray:

Any more room behind that sofa?

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
tucutecats
Fledgling

Post by tucutecats »

Crossing Joseph can be a scary place to be. It's not that he's evil,just a very od vampire. His best friend betrayed him. He can't forgive,but will live with the pain forever.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Just read this again in the Champaign Challenge Office.

PNWGal, you are one of my favorite writers. I sneak into your office periodically, looking for new fics to savor. Your vision is wonderful, detailed and your powers of description superb

But sometimes you scare the living daylights out of me!!!!

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

Thanks, jen...I'm humbled. :rose:

Imagine my absolute horror to realize I'd never responded to comments on this. :gasp: My apologizes to all who took the time to read and comment and my deepest thanks as well. Readers are what make the writing worth it! :flowers:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Oh, Dear--don't worry about it!

That does not bother me at all. I have this internal need to be constantly commenting, and I'm pretty sure I can drive folks batty just keeping up with my notes.

You have bravely explored a facet of the Moonlight universe that folks like me close their eyes and walk past very quickly, because we don't want to see it. For all the charm, snark and seemingly warm fuzzies in Josef, he has been a vampire for four hundred years and while he can appear very human and humane, there is the very real possibility that the appearance is just a facade.

Does he know more than he tells Mick?

Probably, even Mick would have to acknowledge this. I think that perhaps Mick would also admit that there are things he doesn't want to know.

The fact that Josef had, to all intents and purposes, taken Mick under his wing we see as a mutually beneficial situation that they both gained from and I take comfort from this fact.

I should tape a note to the top of my monitor.

Note To Self: If you visit PNWGal's office (and you will), do not read One Hundred Grand again, it will bother you for days and you know it!!!!! This warning has nothing whatsoever to do with the quality of this piece. It is quite superb, but it is solely for the maintenance of my personal peace of mind.

You are one of the most talented writers here. The story is logical, beautifully written, entirely plausible and scarey as hell!!!!

Jenna

:scary: :scary: :scary: :chair: :chair: :gasp:
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

Oh my GOD!!! I really was going to write "PNWGal -- have you lost your mind?!" but I find that I can't because this is that good. Oh my GOD!!

I have to agree that at the end of the day, Josef is a 400 year old vampire, and for Mick to "dis" him and the tribe like that, well...

And this line said it perfectly:
PNWgal wrote: Mick had chuckled and made his goodbyes. He had whistled as he walked out the front door and crunched down the driveway to climb into the vintage Mercedes, blissfully unaware that his life had just acquired an expiration date.
Holy shit, PNWGal!!!

Your descriptions of Lola were absolutely cringe-worthy, and moreso because Holly Valance is a really pretty actress, and to picture this scarred, pathetic...creature...is just..... *Moonlighter shudders*

PNWgal wrote:He looked at the table and scowled; the stupid bitch had left the brick of money behind. He laid a hand on it, contemplating the currency.

Whoever had said one couldn't put a price on friendship was wrong.

In this case, it was worth a hundred grand.
Oh, how cold is your Josef here? Damn, girl, just damn!!

And can I just say how perfectly descriptive the "brick of money" is? Marvelous.
nutmegger911 wrote:Dark. Seriously dark. :gasp: *is skeerd of PNWgal's imagination*
Me too, NM911, me too!! Oh my GOD!!
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Such a brutally dark Josef. It's not a way I ever like to envision him but you do it so masterfully here. Really amazing story.

Return to “PNWgal's Office”