Weather Out the Storm - Mick and Beth

Shadow
Courtesan

Weather Out the Storm - Mick and Beth

Post by Shadow »

A bit of a novelty for me -- I think this is only the second time my viewpoint character has been the same gender as the singer .... ;)

to watch on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vysrPvPXekc
Last edited by Shadow on Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
coco
Cleaner

Re: Weather Out the Storm - Mick and Beth

Post by coco »

Shadow, this is absolutely beautiful. I'm so impressed with how you've managed to capture everything I absolutely adore about Beth's character. By showing all of Mick's past and things that still haunt him to this day, it shows just what Beth was up against in trying to be with Mick. It was never easy and sometimes I think people don't appreciate that about Beth. She loved him unconditionally and "weathered each and every storm" with him and it's one of the many, many reason why I love this couple and why I feel so strongly about Beth.

I also really admire how you manage to pick up the minute details from the episodes that would otherwise go unnoticed but they have such impact in your vids when you use them for effect. :thumbs:

I will be watching this one LOTS and LOTS. :notworthy:

:flowers:

ETA: Just also wanted to say how much I adore the detail you have with the Mick/Cora and the Mick/Lilah scenes - this vid is very rich in detail and I love it. :biggrin:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Thanks so much coco! Though Mick is on the screen most of the time in this one, it really is a video meant for Beth. I'm glad that shows!

It's wonderful to know that you like those little details, too. One I just noticed recently is the way Beth puts her hand over Mick's when he's helping her up after rescuing her. I'd just never seen that small gesture before, and really wanted to bring it out.
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Shadow wrote:Thanks so much coco! Though Mick is on the screen most of the time in this one, it really is a video meant for Beth. I'm glad that shows!

It's wonderful to know that you like those little details, too. One I just noticed recently is the way Beth puts her hand over Mick's when he's helping her up after rescuing her. I'd just never seen that small gesture before, and really wanted to bring it out.
I've always noticed these little things between them. It's the subtlety I love most of all. I love that your videos always capture's it so well. Beautiful. :flowers:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

The download link is up now. ;)
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

Well done, Shadow! :rose: :heart: :notworthy:

I love how the shot of Mick walking through the curtain into Beth's apartment was followed by the shot of Lilah smiling from behind a curtain. I also liked the flashes that briefly interrupted parts of the video, especially the flashes during the re-turning scene.

Your video contained a perfect visual representation of Mick and Beth's relationship. Just when one of them decides to take a step forward, the other one takes a step back. I love how Mick sat down at the picnic, and then Beth immediately stood up on the rooftop. :notworthy:

And the ending... :cloud9:

As always, you chose a wonderful song for this video. :flowers: Figgy Duff's music lends itself very well to Moonlight. "Weather[ing] Out the Storm" is a perfect way to describe Beth and Mick's relationship.

Thank you! :hug: :hearts:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, this is a wonderful video. I hadn't seen it before, and I love the way you've woven Mick's past in with his relationship with Beth. She really does have a huge amount of old baggage to battle against. No wonder Mick has commitment issues. But our Beth is a gallant fighter... and I have faith in her.

And, from that last scene, I think you do, too. :hearts:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Marigold wrote:Well done, Shadow! :rose: :heart: :notworthy:

I love how the shot of Mick walking through the curtain into Beth's apartment was followed by the shot of Lilah smiling from behind a curtain. I also liked the flashes that briefly interrupted parts of the video, especially the flashes during the re-turning scene.

Your video contained a perfect visual representation of Mick and Beth's relationship. Just when one of them decides to take a step forward, the other one takes a step back. I love how Mick sat down at the picnic, and then Beth immediately stood up on the rooftop. :notworthy:

And the ending... :cloud9:

As always, you chose a wonderful song for this video. :flowers: Figgy Duff's music lends itself very well to Moonlight. "Weather[ing] Out the Storm" is a perfect way to describe Beth and Mick's relationship.

Thank you! :hug: :hearts:

It's so great that you've checked out this video! It's an old one but still one of my favorites that I've made . . . and I just loved that you noticed all those little details. I really enjoyed putting those into this vid, and it was fun trying to follow the rhythm of the music visually with the flashes of white and the quick scene changes.

I'm really glad you liked the song choice too! Some of Figgy Duff's songs just seem soooo fitting for Moonlight. :flowers:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

allegrita wrote:Oh, this is a wonderful video. I hadn't seen it before, and I love the way you've woven Mick's past in with his relationship with Beth. She really does have a huge amount of old baggage to battle against. No wonder Mick has commitment issues. But our Beth is a gallant fighter... and I have faith in her.

And, from that last scene, I think you do, too. :hearts:
Thanks so much for watching, Alle! One of these days I hope to even get download links back up for all of these old vids.

I really loved the way this song helped bring out all the obstacles that Beth was dealing with, trying to have a relationship with Mick. And it also really brought out her determination!

And ohhh yes, that last scene really does mean that Beth has won the fight . . . :happysigh:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Shadow

This is fabulous!!!

I haven't seen it before! It must have gone up when I was off in RL land. My bad.

You did an amazing job with this.

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

I'm glad you found this, Jenna!

Great that this old vid could be fresh and new to you, too.

Thanks so much.

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”