Just Right - Part Two (PG-13)

A place for GuardianAngel's G to PG-13 stories
jen
Cleaner

Re: Just Right - Part Two (PG-13)

Post by jen »

Just stopped by for a reread.

This is so fabulous!!

That thunderstorm is so symbolic of many things, many barriers to Mick and Beth's relationship and how lovely it was when the sounds of it faded into the distance.

Just beautiful, GA

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
janicevictoria
Fledgling

Post by janicevictoria »

Me too!! This is one of my all time Mick/Beth favs, GA!!
A true classic :hearts:

Thanks to Pinkiepie for my lovely banner
susieb
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by susieb »

I watched Sonata last night and, of course, was craving more (more, more, more). So glad I stumbled onto this. Just lovely :heart: Though I wanted them to seal the deal after the door closes... I've just never been wholly convinced that's what would happen. It's just like them to wait 3 days to have a discussion. And though Mr. Tall Dark and Silent was never free with words or explanations, your dialog (and it's pregnant silences) reads so crystal clear true to Mick, Beth and the show. Bravo! I'll say it again: just lovely :heart:
Susie

Sometimes the past doesn't catch up with you, it haunts you.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

:ghug: Hugs to you all!! It thrills me that you ladies come back for a re-read. And that there are still new readers finding this fic.

susieb, I know there are many different ideas as to what happened after that door closed but, for me, I just don't see them 'sealing the deal'. Yes, Mick has stepped up to the plate in telling Beth he loves her and he's now willing to fight for them to be together but I don't see him taking her to bed and risking his tendency to 'bite down' scaring her away. Mick does not move quickly. After he kissed Beth on his roof it took him days and accidentally bumping into her to discuss going forward with dating. I'd love to have seen him lose his inhibitions and become overcome by his passion for Beth. But he's help himself in check around her for so long and has so much fear that it wasn't likely.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

'Just Right' sums it up pretty well. Everything about this fic is 'Just Right'

I was struck again by the beautiful water analogies at the end. Both ocean and rain. Stunning. So primal. So inevitable.

Nice.

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Yes, every bit as good as I remembered!

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Fabulous.

The thunderstorm at the beginning cleared the air and washed the city clean.

Then, the revelations and shared secrets cleared the air between Mick and Beth.

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

It was about time this question about her blood being answered openly, as though she did not know what he had meant... One question though...why did you ever give him three days? As if they could not have asked and answered all that in Sonata night..Well, two questions then...Hasn't he got Anything to ask her himself? just anything? because I do actually...
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

This is like revisiting an old friend. A marvellous, delicate, truthful, captivating and rather hot, old friend. I remember the day you posted this at MLL - you were a complete bag of nerves :hug: and I remember, rather proudly, being the first commenter. This story made that much of an impression. Even after all this time, this story is perfection and remains one of my very favourite ML stories.

Red :hearts:

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

jen wrote:Fabulous.

The thunderstorm at the beginning cleared the air and washed the city clean.

Then, the revelations and shared secrets cleared the air between Mick and Beth.
LOL. The rain idea came to me because I thought those two communicated as often as it rains in L.A. And there you have it. :)

maggatha3 wrote:It was about time this question about her blood being answered openly, as though she did not know what he had meant... One question though...why did you ever give him three days? As if they could not have asked and answered all that in Sonata night..Well, two questions then...Hasn't he got Anything to ask her himself? just anything? because I do actually..
Everything with Mick and Beth has moved slow. I didn't think they'd make any more huge hurdles that night. After Mick kissed Beth on the roof, it took days for them to talk again and it was by accident, meeting up at the same restaurant - the one where Tierney goes to lunch. Our vampire is not so anxious to answer questions. I'm sure Mick has questions but it would take him longer to voice them. He's not looking to rock the boat at this point. But I'm sure they'd be coming.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

redwinter101 wrote:This is like revisiting an old friend. A marvellous, delicate, truthful, captivating and rather hot, old friend. I remember the day you posted this at MLL - you were a complete bag of nerves :hug: and I remember, rather proudly, being the first commenter. This story made that much of an impression. Even after all this time, this story is perfection and remains one of my very favourite ML stories.

Red :hearts:
OMG, Red. Yes, I was SO nervous. *hugs* Readers and poster like YOU made it easier and worth all the anxiety. Just Right remains the favorite of the stories I've written. I think it's because it was the one I was most passionate about. I knew every word of it before having actually gotten it written. And being my first, it was the one that ignited the writing spark - it opened something in me and was a revelation. I can't tell you how proud it makes me that you count it as one of your favorites.
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

This was perfect Mick and Beth. Absolutely. :thumbs:

The part about the inhaler in the box seemed vaguely familiar to me, so it's entirely possible that I read this once before. (It was on MLL? Then probably there. Eons ago, it seems now!) But it didn't detract from this reading one iota. I loved it! I could practically see the wheels in Beth's mind spinning around!

And their coupling at the end was so sensuous! I'm so glad this popped to the top!

:hug:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

MickLifeCrisis wrote:This was perfect Mick and Beth. Absolutely. :thumbs:

The part about the inhaler in the box seemed vaguely familiar to me, so it's entirely possible that I read this once before. (It was on MLL? Then probably there. Eons ago, it seems now!) But it didn't detract from this reading one iota. I loved it! I could practically see the wheels in Beth's mind spinning around!

And their coupling at the end was so sensuous! I'm so glad this popped to the top!

:hug:
LOL. This story has been around for a good long time and on a few different boards - very likely you gave it a read at some point. Glad to hear it still held some sparkle. Thank you, MLC.
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Hi GA!! This story is among the ones I have printed out and I re-read it last night. It still amazes me that though Mick and Beth do something that was completely out of the ordinary for them in the series, still they both are very much in canon.

And oh my, yes, they needed to have this discussion so much. I love it that they talk while it is pouring, the sound and intensity of the rain and thunder bring out also their tormented souls. The way you describe their feelings is just :heart:

Thank you! :hearts:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Well named!

This is, indeed, just right.

Mick told Beth about some of the darkness in his past and then they both choose to move past it. That is what the past is, the past. Point is, don't let it cripple you.

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:

Return to “GuardianAngel's Office”