Whiteout, part 2: more discussion, links, and so on

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Whiteout, part 2: more discussion, links, and so on

Post by wpgrace »

darkstarrising wrote:
allegrita wrote:Um... you learn the most interesting things about Alex when he gets punchy... :laugh:
'Interesting' is a good way of putting it :snicker: that was a bit too much information ....I wonder if he remembers everything he said during what was apparently a marathon interview session....

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
I think he's hilarious and I think Gabriel is ready to have a relationship with him.... :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

And he's just BS'ing his way thru this whole thing... he's had some ridiculous tale to tell in every single interview... so NOTICE that of all the scenes they COULD show from WhiteOut, most of these interviewers have included the Alex scene... :whistle:
He's a smart guy... knows how to be memorable... I'm actually impressed.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
lunalux
Fledgling

Post by lunalux »

I
wpgrace wrote:
darkstarrising wrote:
allegrita wrote:Um... you learn the most interesting things about Alex when he gets punchy... :laugh:
'Interesting' is a good way of putting it :snicker: that was a bit too much information ....I wonder if he remembers everything he said during what was apparently a marathon interview session....
I

I think he's hilarious and I think Gabriel is ready to have a relationship with him.... :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

And he's just BS'ing his way thru this whole thing... he's had some ridiculous tale to tell in every single interview... so NOTICE that of all the scenes they COULD show from WhiteOut, most of these interviewers have included the Alex scene... :whistle:
He's a smart guy... knows how to be memorable... I'm actually impressed.
Well grace - I gotta say it's an interesting strategy...but as you point out it seems to be working...irreverent works for
Me as long as he's actually doing that.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

I swear he's being manic and chitty chatty and crazy like a fox... he's getting more mileage outta this than anyone else in the film. He's a "traffic magnet" for a reason. :snicker:

Good on him!
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

wpgrace wrote:I swear he's being manic and chitty chatty and crazy like a fox... he's getting more mileage outta this than anyone else in the film. He's a "traffic magnet" for a reason. :snicker:

Good on him!
You know, grace, I've watched a kazillion 2 minute interviews with him over the last week or so (some of which have left me in hysterics), and I think you're right....he is crazy like a fox. Whoever 'his people' are now, they've got him more exposure *cough* in the last few weeks than he's had in the last two years. But he's taking it a step further in making you remember who he is and what he says, even if it's off the wall. Poor Gabriel never stood a chance.

It'll be interesting to see if he starts showing up on the morning talk shows to promote 3R as the new season gets closer.

Still want to know though if he's going to be a presenter at the Emmys. Whether he is or not, I'm watching. Neil Patrick Harris isn't one of my favorite people, but I saw what he did to / for the Tonys. Love to see him try the same with the Emmys. Different crowd, though. He might get decked, if he's not careful.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Okay, got back from seeing Whiteout. There were nine of us in the theater. I'm still so disappointed with the box office take because I've been seeing tv promos for a month for this movie on CBS. Anyway I went with low expectations. I enjoyed it more then I thought I would. I missed the important running naked in the snow scene. It was so fast I didn't realize.

I saw promos for a number of movies I want to see. Surrogates, Lovely Bones, The Fourth Kind, The Box

The plot had a lot of holes but the thing that annoyed me the most was.
Spoiler:
The end when she rescinds her resignation from the U.S. Marshal. She lost two fingers how is she going to be a marshal
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

One thing I really enjoyed in the early part of the movie when the Russians were talking and it was subtitled one was named Josef. As a Josefite we look for connections anywhere
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

ITA....Of the nine people watching the movie with me, I was the only one who appreciated that wonderful tidbit...as for the streaking scene, it was realllly brief....you'd have to take Alex's word that he was streaking....
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

cassysj wrote:One thing I really enjoyed in the early part of the movie when the Russians were talking and it was subtitled one was named Josef. As a Josefite we look for connections anywhere
I noticed that! (well, duh, you think?) It seemed sort of apropos, that someone in Alex's movie should be calling out, "Josef! Josef!"

:giggle:

Lucky
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I love you wonderful Josefites. Your devotion is truly a thing of beauty!
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

allegrita wrote: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
What Alle said. :thumbs:
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

allegrita wrote::rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
I haven't been able to see it yet..life keeps getting in the way. But, it's nice to know that Josef got a shout out! He is probably one of the silent partners..he has his teeth in everything.. :giggle:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Josefismysire wrote:
I haven't been able to see it yet..life keeps getting in the way. But, it's nice to know that Josef got a shout out! He is probably one of the silent partners..he has his teeth in everything.. :giggle:
From the sound of things, maybe he should have spoken up a little more .... :whistle:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

Lilly wrote:
Josefismysire wrote:
From the sound of things, maybe he should have spoken up a little more .... :whistle:
:yes:
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

Whiteout - Alex O'Loughlin, Chad and Carey Hayes Interviews
with Rebecca Murray

Alex O'Loughlin and writers Chad and Carey Hayes showed up in LA for the premiere of Warner Bros Pictures' 'Whiteout,' a thriller set in Antartica. Before taking in the screening, O'Loughlin and the Hayes brothers talked about working on 'Whiteout.'

http://video.about.com/movies/Whiteout- ... ughlin.htm
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

"But then there's the talent question..." :giggle:

Never a truer word spoken.

Thanks, JIMS. :hearts:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson

Return to “Past Projects”