ML Locations: Episode 6 - B.C.

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: ML Locations: Episode 6 - B.C.

Post by redwinter101 »

Lilly wrote:1. Photo ShootLighting fixture section, Property Department , Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank, CA

Talk about re-purposing! For Renee Beresford’s modeling gig, they just went over to the property building and set up shop in the lighting fixture area. Some of the chandeliers were lowered and some dramatic standing fixtures were moved in to make a very effective backdrop for the high fashion photo shoot.

(image from Warner Bros. website)
Here are some additional pictures of the lighting department from our recent tour.

It really is an amazing place - each item is tagged and barcoded so you can see at a glance all the productions it has been used in. The staff in there aren't used to having tours coming through - and I think they were rather thrilled. They had pictures of the scenes from Moonlight on their wall and were only too happy for us to poke around.

Some of the other ladies got some great pics so I'm sure they'll come and add them.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Sorry to take so long in adding these.

Here are a couple of pics of the photos on the wall that Red mentioned...

Here's a shot of the very distinctive figural lamps...

And these are the stairs where Beth stood to do her report (thanks to Alle for this shot)...

Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you, redwinter and Lilly. This is sooo cool!!!
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

oooh, I shivered with excitement seeing those new shots and imaging all you lucky bods being there in person to see it all!
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

Lilly wrote:
helloeeze wrote:Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I would like to do the WB tour one day. It seems BC didn't have any outside location shoots.
It's possible that it didn't, helloeeze. We don't know about the interior of Club Valis. It was either created on a soundstage or it could have been a location outside of the studio. Fielder's choice. :snicker:
I very vaguely remember someone (Alex???) saying that how much an episode costs varies a lot, taking as an example that when one has to film in a club it gets way more expensive. So at the time I assumed they had done that... Anyone remembers that???

Return to “Moonlight Locations”