Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 10: Sleeping Beauty

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Sleeping Beauty (Episode Ten)

Post by allegrita »

And Mick is inspired to believe that love might be able to conquer all. Sigh... this scene makes me :hankie:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

allegrita wrote:And Mick is inspired to believe that love might be able to conquer all. Sigh... this scene makes me :hankie:
Until Beth smacks him down. :sigh:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Well, she's scared silly. And no wonder. But still... Mick and Josef are both so devastated by events in this ep. It makes me sad.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

allegrita wrote:Well, she's scared silly. And no wonder. But still... Mick and Josef are both so devastated by events in this ep. It makes me sad.
I know it's a hard episode all the way around but the next one is hard on Beth.
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

That last scene was just so ... Poor Mick, finally ready to take a chance just when Beth is finally understanding just how badly things can go. Like I said before, I really felt for everyone in this episode.
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Yeah. And there's Coraline, waking up shouting for Mick, but he's nowhere to be seen. So of course, her loyal Cynthia is the one to save her. (Although we won't know that till later...)
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

allegrita wrote:Yeah. And there's Coraline, waking up shouting for Mick, but he's nowhere to be seen. So of course, her loyal Cynthia is the one to save her. (Although we won't know that till later...)
It's only in the rewatching that I'm remembering how many cliffhangers this show ended on
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Absolutely!

There were so many wonderful details in SB.

First, there was the huge issue of vampire surviving fire bomb. Shall we all say together, 'with age comes power'. Then, there was the depth and intensity of Mick's grief over Josef's apparent 'death' and his anger when Josef made an admittedly bad decision and 'ordered in' at the Loft. I will always think that Mick's rant after that had a lot to do with his reaction to almost losing his closest friend. Then, there is the delicious role reversal when Josef becomes the starry eyed romantic and Mick the self actualized vampire.

Saw upthread the mention of Beth leaving Mick in New York. Wonder about the date that almost was between them. I'd love for them to go to New York together and have that date one day.

But going home and talking to Josh was the right thing to do--just not as it turned out.

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

...and then there is Coraline.

Not only did she seem very sincere in her reactions, but she also showed that she cared by reaching out to Mick in other ways --like how she called out his name when she was dying (and he wasn't around to hear that) and when she said to him, 'I came back for you...I became human for you...' as she lost consciousness in the hospital.

Love how Josef asked Mick if he was going to try to make the thing with Beth work. SB put all his anti human relations rhetoric into perspective.

Jenna

jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

...of course Martan got beat in a fight with a vampire, but all things considered he did surprisingly well. Unfortunately, almost anyone else would not have survived the encounter (case in point: the two officers.

Sam had it right...born to kill. Scarey.

Makes you wonder how Sara would have done as a vampire. How do you think she would have coped with the world today?

Jenna

jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

...oh, man.

Late to the party and everyone already went home.

Bummer.

Jenna

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

jen wrote:Makes you wonder how Sara would have done as a vampire. How do you think she would have coped with the world today?

Jenna

If she had awakened normally I think she would cope very well. I think she was a twenty-first century woman who just happened to be born in the 1930's. If there was ever a way for her to wake up now I think it would be very hard. She's missed so much in the last fifty plus years. I think it would be hard for her and Josef. Her coma had to have changed him. She might not even recognize the man/vampire he is today. He would be thrilled the minute she woke up but how would he relate to her. Not only would he have to teach her how to be a vampire. (She's never learned self-control she's constantly fed.) He would have to teach her about the world.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Well, as you may know, I'm a bit of a romantic when it comes to Josef. I think if Sarah woke up, he would move heaven and earth to help her adjust. Sure, his facade may have hardened a bit while she was in the coma, but I firmly believe that when he enters that house, his armor almost completely melts away. He was a different person in her presence and would be again.

It would be hard for Sarah to catch up on the past 50 years, but they literally have all the time in the world. They don't have to go out or "fit in" until she's ready. There's absolutely no pressure -- they can take it one day at a time. I think the sense of wonder and adventure that drew Sarah to Josef in the first place would serve her well in making the adjustment, and Josef might actually enjoy seeing the things that he's grown to take for granted through her eyes, as she discovers the new wonders of the 21st century.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Lilly, what a lovely thing to say. I like your view. It really makes sense, too. Josef certainly has the money to make it possible for Sarah to make a slow and easy transition to the new era.
Emerald
Sire

Post by Emerald »

Thought people might be interested to know - I was talking to Trevor, and now know how Josef survived the fire bomb in his office. Trevor and Ron wrote a scene that explained Josef had a secret bomb/fire shelter under the floor of his office. For some reason they didn't end up filming the scene, so in the end it wasn't really explained too well on screen, but essentially Josef was meant to have rolled into a bomb/fire shelter type thing at the last moment, thus putting him out of harms way. :twothumbs:
"Vampires are outside the realms of human constructed notions of sexuality"

I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be

Queen of the Jock (Josef/Mick) Shippers

Return to “Episode Discussion”