A Moonlight Christmas Carol, Ch 1 (PG-13)

moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Re: A Moonlight Christmas Carol, Ch 1 (PG-13)

Post by moonlight_vixen »

Great start Lucky! I'm looking forward to more! :wreath:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

librarian_7 wrote:About the book--I haven't read it, but my husband has...he's a military history fan (altho he'd be appalled to hear me put it that way!). I was looking for a "new" book on the Battle of the Bulge, since Mick was there, and might have an interest, and it was an event that happened near Christmas. My thought is that he probably has read a lot, with his being up at night, and that he seems like a non-fiction kind of guy. The juxtaposition of war in a season of peace...was just a bonus.

Look for chapter 2, tomorrow!

Lucky

I have entered a WWII reading phase again... so if Mr. Lucky ever mentions how good the book is... do pass it on, pretty please!
And totally agree with you about Mick being a reader, and likely non-fiction... tho I'd bet he'd check out the classic novels, and every now and then, something popular, just to keep up with the times.

And looking forward to chapter 2... thanks for answering the book question! :smooch:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Lucky, I'm finally at a point where I can read this and take time to think about it and respond properly. I hate to rush through your stories, because they always require contemplation.

I love the beginning of this story. First, as Lilly said, your Mick narrative is simply amazing. Really, it's not fair that you have such a lock on both Mick and Josef, but it's true. Also, you understand noir Mick so well. You've got that wonderful detective-story cadence down perfectly. Your Mick here is so very, very :Mickangel:

Yes, and your Guillermo is fabulous, too. He's all business, but with real heart, and a touch of humor. Guillermo's the perfect kind of guy to work in a morgue, because he's not depressed about it. Death is part of life; an M.E.'s job is to give his patients the answers that will give their lives and deaths some kind of closure. (Ooh, bad pun, sorry!) Mick could do a lot worse than to listen to Guillermo's advice. Undeath lasts a long time. You might as well come to peace with it, and find happiness where you can.

But... that's not where Mick is at all, this Christmas Eve. He's lost in despair, reaching back to the cold comfort of his horrible war memories, unable to find any peace in the season--even in his beloved jazz. He feels assailed by Christmas, by the perceived happiness and closeness of the people he sees around him. I can see him feeling like a cold, silent wraith, moving through the scene without being any part of it. And what better way to set up the next scene--where, if you're true to Dickens (and of course you are), he'll be exactly that--a wraith, watching his life go by without being able to partake in it... *shudder* Poor Mick. I don't envy him the next few hours...
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Oh Lucky ... I should have read this two days ago.

Off to read the rest now. :Mickangel:
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
RangerCM
Rogue vampire

Post by RangerCM »

Spending the rest of my vacation time getting caught up. I love this! 1st person usually makes me cringe, because it's so hard to write well, but this is just perfectly done....and it works so well with Mick since we're used to hearing his first person VO's.

OK, bad bag of A positive down the hatch and now I'm ready for the adventure to begin. :snicker:
banner by Cprav
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Oh, Ranger, you clever thing...and you don't have to wait three days between chapters, like I made everyone else do!

Lucky
RangerCM
Rogue vampire

Post by RangerCM »

Are you telling my you had the whole thing written, but posted chapters 3 days apart?! That is just so sadistic! :snicker: :snicker:
banner by Cprav
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

RangerCM wrote:Are you telling my you had the whole thing written, but posted chapters 3 days apart?! That is just so sadistic! :snicker: :snicker:
Umm, I actually had a long one-shot, four chapters of this, a new chapter of Chess, and a re-write of a Christmas parody poem written by about the beginning of December...and worked up a schedule to post all of it. And that's not counting the what? 4-5 drabbles, a short Josh piece, and a short Josef/Freshie Lucky piece that were all done more spur-of-the-moment. You have kind of a lot of catching up, Ranger!

Lucky
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Show-off... :tongue: (*is jealous*)
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

allegrita wrote:Show-off... :tongue: (*is jealous*)
I think the term you're looking for is "over-achiever."

Lucky
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

librarian_7 wrote:
allegrita wrote:Show-off... :tongue: (*is jealous*)
I think the term you're looking for is "over-achiever."

Lucky
Yeah, yeah, that too. :laugh:
RangerCM
Rogue vampire

Post by RangerCM »

librarian_7 wrote:
RangerCM wrote:Are you telling my you had the whole thing written, but posted chapters 3 days apart?! That is just so sadistic! :snicker: :snicker:
Umm, I actually had a long one-shot, four chapters of this, a new chapter of Chess, and a re-write of a Christmas parody poem written by about the beginning of December...and worked up a schedule to post all of it. And that's not counting the what? 4-5 drabbles, a short Josh piece, and a short Josef/Freshie Lucky piece that were all done more spur-of-the-moment. You have kind of a lot of catching up, Ranger!

Lucky
**rubs hands together** Gonna be a great vacation!!
banner by Cprav
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This is wonderful!

So that is how Mick and Guillermo first met. Their conversation sounds like them!

Another wonderful Christmas fic!

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I'd been wanting to reread this wonderful version of "A Christmas Carol," and now seemed like a great time to start. I remember how much I loved this... sometimes it's a struggle for a vamp (or a woman) to find the Christmas spirit. But it's worth the effort. I love your Mick, Lucky. I know you're better known for your Josef stories, but your Mick has always just spoken to me. And he's talking VERY loudly tonight. :Mickangel:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Oh! A Mick story by you, Lucky!! Now I am hooked!
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .

Return to “A Moonlight Christmas Carol”