3. Prime (six a.m.) - PG-13

JJRose
Kostan Industries intern

Re: Prime (six a.m.) - PG-13

Post by JJRose »

A Guillermo story! Hooray hooray hooray!

I love Guillermo and will always be sad that we didn't get a chance to find out more about him on the show. And thank you for addressing one of my big questions about him in this story - the guy with access to the blood should be one of the most important vamps in town, yes? I never got the sense that he was seen that way in the show and always wondered about it.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

JJRose, :biggrin: :biggrin: I'm a Guillermo fan, too. I loved the easy relationship he had with Mick - and that he seemed to be very much his own man.

If you're looking for a fabulous Guillermo story, I urge you to read Changing The Rules by GuardianAngel (it's posted in her R/NC-17 office here). The story's great and Guillermo is an absolute hero.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

Yay! A Guillermo story -- Love it! I'll have to check the one you mentioned that's in GA's library.

I thought Guillermo was a great, yet under utilized character in Moonlight. He really was kind of a shining star in Sonata, though, with the ambulance and all that. And I would have loved to find out more about his friendship with Mick, too. It seems they had been buddies for a while and had a great ease with each other. You could see it in the teasing they did with each other. It was nice to see.

I'm so glad to see how Guillermo is able to cope with what he does, knowing how valuable he is to the community. But it is best to leave the job at the office, and he does just that by going home with Carmela. How incredibly sweet!
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Thanks, Moonlighter - and trust me, you are in for an absolute TREAT with Changing the Rules. You. Will. Love. It.

Red :flowers: :flowers:

jen
Cleaner

Re: 3. Prime (six a.m.) - PG-13

Post by jen »

What a wonderful development in this series!

To me, the first two stories were more about closure in relationships to Mick and Coraline and Mick and Beth. The first gave us a period at the end of the sentence, while the second gave us perhaps a semicomma.

Here, Guillermo is very much in the business of living (or unliving). While he does what is needed to make a living, he chafes against the unfairness of life. We did not see much of this philosophical side to him on the show--only hints of it.

Fabulous story.

Thank you.

Jenna

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Thanks so much, jen. I love Guillermo - I'm torn between wishing we'd got to learn more about him and accepting that he probably had about the right amount of screen time compared to the main four characters. I guess developing his character further would have been something for season two. :sigh:

Red

diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

I have a soft spot for Guillermo, but again, don't we all right? I really love the way you show us his world, really at the front line between both worlds, so harsh, so sad and so crucial. He really has the sadest, ugliest, and yet the noblest mission. And then of course there's the light side of him! Thank you! :hug: :flowers:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

diane31 wrote:I have a soft spot for Guillermo, but again, don't we all right? I really love the way you show us his world, really at the front line between both worlds, so harsh, so sad and so crucial. He really has the sadest, ugliest, and yet the noblest mission. And then of course there's the light side of him! Thank you! :hug: :flowers:
Hey, diane, sorry it's taken me so long to reply. :blushing:

I have a massive soft spot for Guillermo and I love your description of his mission as noble. Perfect.

:flowers:

Red

jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Guillermo is such a wonderful character and in this you have showcased a side of him we occasionally glimpsed in the series.

He is a philosopher, too.

He deals with the dead and the undead.

Beautifully written! Thank you!
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix

Return to “The Divine Office”