A place for Tam's G to PG-13 stories
Tam
Logan's WoW nemesis

Upstairs (Mick/Josef; PG-13; implied slash) 2009

Post by Tam »

Characters : Josef, Mick
Rating : PG13
Spoilers : Ep 10 of Moonlight, season 1
Summary : Missing Scene (stand-alone ficlet) : In 'Sleeping Beauty', after Mick and Josef argue, Mick goes upstairs 'to bed'. In the next scene, Josef is coming down the stairs to go to his office. What happened in between
Warning : implied slash
First posted : ff.net, March 2009

Disclaimer: The characters are not mine, no money is being made and no infringement is intended.

Upstairs
"Why don't you...tidy up?" Mick did not wait for an answer, expecting none, and climbed the stairs to his bathroom and adjoining freezer. Josef stayed downstairs, looking around the room, worrying his bottom lip. He hadn't made a mess - not really. There were only a few used glasses with lipstick marks and a residue of sparkly wine. A warmed champagne cooler. A couple of books he had picked up and neglected to return to the shelves after a failed attempt at reading while Mick was away looking for his killer. A pillow on the floor, fallen off the couch. Oh, and the girls had taken out a stack of CDs from Mick's collection without putting them back. Some of the CDs were probably in the wrong case. But that was all. Josef shrugged. He could do that in the morning. He took up the remote control and switched on the tv. Zapping through the channels, he thought about the things Mick had said. There was absolutely nothing on - only home shopping, and he really did not need porcelain collector figurines, hand painted or not. He switched off the tv and slowly climbed up the stairs.

Mick was done in the bathroom, and just came out, wearing long pyjama bottoms. He raised an eyebrow at Josef.
"What do you want?" he asked.

"You're still angry," Josef stated.

Mick sighed, his shoulders slumping dejectedly. "I'm not angry, Josef," he said, sounding tired.

"Of course you are. And that's okay. Sort of. I mean, I know I've been getting on your nerves..."

Mick grimaced, resigning him to the fact that he wouldn't be seeing his freezer in a while. "What do you expect, Josef? huh? I thought you were dead. And then you turn up at my place, drink my blood reserves," he said, raising his voice, "use my credit card to order clothes - which, by the way, blew my limit for this month, thank you very much..."

Josef raised his eyebrows in surprise. "I only got two suits, a pair of shoes and a few shirts..." he said quietly, looking puzzled. Mick ignored him and continued.

"And then I come home to find you threw a party in here..."

"It wasn't a party..." Josef started but stopped himself as he saw the look on Mick's face. "Okay," he said, straightening his shoulders. "Go on. I deserve it."

Mick frowned. "Deserve what?"

"The old one-two. Take your best shot, I won't dodge." He made an inviting gesture with his hands and offered Mick his jaw. Mick shook his head disbelievingly.

"I don't want to hit you, Josef," he said.

"Yeah, you do. It'll make you feel better. Come on!" Josef grinned. "Or are you afraid I'll kick your ass?" he taunted.

Mick narrowed his eyes. He knew Josef was trying to bait him, knew he should be above it all, but he could not help himself. He launched at Josef and hit him square in the face, his ring catching on Josef's cheekbone with a satisfying thud. The impact threw Josef a few steps back, and he bent over, wiping his hand across his face. It came away bloody.

"I guess I had that coming, huh?" he said, looking up at Mick and grinning. The cut in his cheek healed over. But the smell of the blood had reached Mick's nostrils, and he gazed at Josef with pale blue eyes, his fangs drawn out.

"Mick...?" Josef asked curiously. "Are you...?"

Mick roared, his fangs flashing in the light, and he pounced on Josef, throwing him back against the wall. Josef reacted, vamping out, hissing back at his friend with exposed canines and struggling to get free. He was pinned. His nostrils flared and his eyes glittered, bracing himself. Mick took a deep breath, the scent of the fresh blood luring him closer. He nuzzled Josef's face. Josef flinched, but resisted the urge to pull away, looking up at his friend through narrowed pale eyes. Mick licked the side of Josef's face, slowly and deliberately. Josef closed his eyes. Mick finished, giving his friend a cold look, before backing off. His eyes turned back to their normal hue, and his fangs retracted into his jaw. He turned away and rolled his shoulders.

"Go to sleep, Josef," he said. "We'll talk about this in the morning." He walked through the door to his freezer room, and closed the door behind him. Josef breathed out, an inscrutable look in his eyes, and he walked down the stairs, picking up the keys Mick had left in their usual place by the door, and left. He needed to go to his office.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Upstairs (Mick/Josef; PG-13; implied slash) 2009

Post by francis »

Fascinating concept of the missing scene. I always wondered what Josef had been doing upstairs. He clearly came downstairs in the scene when he left for his office. I thought maybe he got some clothes from Mick, borrowed his duster or something.
There's a lot of anger here, and a backstory that I would love to explore further.
wingz
Mortal

Post by wingz »

Its short but left me feeling intrigued with the amount of emotion between Mick and Josef.. I really liked it ^_^
Tam
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Tam »

Thanks :) It's always pleasant to get feedback on older stories - it inspires the writing of new ones!

Return to “Tam's Office”