A Girl Alone - a video for "What's Left Behind"

Shadow
Courtesan

A Girl Alone - a video for "What's Left Behind"

Post by Shadow »

Something a little different - this one's just for "What's Left Behind."

to watch on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHddl31P ... re=channel
Last edited by Shadow on Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
coco
Cleaner

Re: A Girl Alone - a video for "What's Left Behind"

Post by coco »

Shadow, I remember stumbling across this on YT a while back.
Lovely vid :D
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I'm making my way through videos. What a lovely tribute. Lilah was really a beautiful woman
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Thanks so much, cassy! This episode had so many stories in it . . . it really seemed to need a video of its own.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, Shadow, this is such a PERFECT song for What's Left Behind! I love the clips you chose, the way you told the story of Mick's relationship(s) with Ray and Lilah, and how the kidnapping pulls him right back into those feelings of love and sacrifice and loss. The words of the song are so sad, and the way you've interwoven past and present really shows the hard choices they all made, and the way the results of those choices have reverberated through the years.

At the end, when you showed that last scene in the car with Beth, I felt that Beth is also a girl alone, in a way. She's cut off from so much of Mick's life, and even though she reaches out to him, she can never quite get through the wall of reserve he builds between them. :sigh:
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

Shadow, you have such a gift for creating beautiful videos! :rose: :hearts: The songs and scenes you select are absolutely perfect.

"What's Left Behind" was always a very sad episode for me, and your video makes me feel the same way. :hankie: There is so much loss. Human Mick lost both Lilah and Ray. Lilah lost both Ray and Mick. Mick lost his dream of having living relatives. Robert almost lost Jacob. The list goes on and on.

And then, right at the end, we see a glimmer of hope. Beth reaches out to Mick, and he turns toward her. A small step in the right direction. :cloud9:

Well done! Thank you! :notworthy: :flowers:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

allegrita wrote:Oh, Shadow, this is such a PERFECT song for What's Left Behind! I love the clips you chose, the way you told the story of Mick's relationship(s) with Ray and Lilah, and how the kidnapping pulls him right back into those feelings of love and sacrifice and loss. The words of the song are so sad, and the way you've interwoven past and present really shows the hard choices they all made, and the way the results of those choices have reverberated through the years.

At the end, when you showed that last scene in the car with Beth, I felt that Beth is also a girl alone, in a way. She's cut off from so much of Mick's life, and even though she reaches out to him, she can never quite get through the wall of reserve he builds between them. :sigh:
Thanks so much, Alle! :rose: This song is the one that really compelled me to first learn to make vids . . . . and you can probably also tell that this is the first video I made. ;)
That's exactly what I was thinking of at the ending, too, that Beth really was cut off from Mick, both because of his reserve and because of the experiences he'd had that she just couldn't share.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Marigold wrote:Shadow, you have such a gift for creating beautiful videos! :rose: :hearts: The songs and scenes you select are absolutely perfect.

"What's Left Behind" was always a very sad episode for me, and your video makes me feel the same way. :hankie: There is so much loss. Human Mick lost both Lilah and Ray. Lilah lost both Ray and Mick. Mick lost his dream of having living relatives. Robert almost lost Jacob. The list goes on and on.

And then, right at the end, we see a glimmer of hope. Beth reaches out to Mick, and he turns toward her. A small step in the right direction. :cloud9:

Well done! Thank you! :notworthy: :flowers:
Thank you Marigold! :hearts: That's so wonderful to hear.
This is indeed such a sad song . . . I could never have imagined using it for a Mick/Beth video, but it seemed to fit so well for WLB.
I'm glad you gave this one a try! :flowers:

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”