Letting Me Love You (In Between 5 and 6, PG13)

Shadow
Courtesan

Re: Letting Me Love You (In Between 5 and 6, PG13)

Post by Shadow »

Sparrow wrote:This looks awesome! I'm going to start at the beginning and read!!
Very cool, Sparrow! Thanks so much.
moonlightlover60
Fledgling

Post by moonlightlover60 »

:bump: :wave: Just a hello.........bump.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

hey moonlightlover60... :wave: -- love the new banner!
I'd hoped to have the next part up by now, but have gotten delayed by RL :sigh: ... plus the story keeps getting longer ....
But I'm working on it! Thanks for coming by again.
moonlightlover60
Fledgling

Post by moonlightlover60 »

Thank you Shadow, I finally figured out how to use a photo program I've had for years so I've been playing around and trying to make some banners. I will be looking forward to the new update whenever you can get it to us, no hurries we'll be here besides longer updates are always good. :dog:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

That's great about your photo program. Kind of gives me hope that I might one day get around to actually installing mine on the computer . . . :snicker:

Glad you don't mind waiting a bit longer for the update! :friends:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

What an incredible chapter, Shadow! This is my favorite one (so far).
Beth kissed me!
The sheer joy of that experience resonates throughout the first part of the chapter. Mick's on cloud nine. He may be a vampire, but he's a man experiencing the joy of finding out that the human woman he cares for, cares for him in return.
He’d almost broken apart the first time Beth had embraced him – I was alone for so long, so terribly long - and now that she knew, body and soul, that he was a vampire, she treated him exactly the same way. Not afraid of the vampire, but not excited by it either. She purely and simply cared about Mick.
As he comes down from his high, Mick starts to think about the implications. Beth's not a freshie, she's not someone turned on by the fact that he's a vampire. She cares for him, Mick, the person and the vampire doesn't frighten her in the least. Why? Because she doesn't see him as the monster he believes himself to be......

And then, you give us a reason to understand why he thinks of himself that way....Elaine. He has reason to believe that human vampire relationships don't work out well; he turned a seventeen year old girl, for reasons we don't know yet.

All through the chapter, you paint a picture of a man who throughout his existence wants to love and be loved in return. He loved Lila and lost her to Ray. He loved Coraline and paid a terrible price. Perhaps he loved Elaine as well and the price of that love was another life. But there is something special about Beth.....

And the dream - everything he wanted from Beth - love and acceptance - filled that dream.

Only to be rudely interrupted by an ancient vampire who just got stiffed by the vamp of his dreams!!

The expression on Mick's face when Josef wakes him makes you believe he was having the dream you gave him.

Wonderful arc, wonderful chapter :rose:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

What a beautiful comment, darkstarrising! I'm glad Mick's joy was so obvious through the first part of this. Mick's smile in the last split second of the episode totally transformed him, and I couldn't see how that feeling would wear off any time soon! I figured that whatever thoughts crossed his mind, the memory of that kiss would just keep coming back to him.

It's so great that Elaine could really make her presence felt here, even though she only gets mentioned in one line in this chapter. There will be a lot more for her in the next chapter.

And then that annoying ancient vampire coming in, interrupting things..... ;) I too thought that from Mick's expression and Josef's interaction with him, he might very well have been having a dream like that. And after all, the last time we saw him he'd been kissing Beth .... :happysigh:
susieb
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by susieb »

Finally some time to come back and resume reading your series. And following Red's advice does not work when the story is on page 1 and the comments are on page 3. Okay. So I won't be quoting from the story. :sigh:

You've picked up one of the things I most love about ML. Beth is not attracted to the vampire. She's attracted to Mick. She's not looking for a thrill or attracted to the danger of vampirism. Rather she is drawn like a moth to a flame to the "real" Mick. She is wholly, totally, accepting of what and who he is. As a vamp, has he encountered any other humans so accepting? I don't think so.

I found Mick's thoughts about the kiss(es) totally believable. His dream leading into Josef pounding on the freezer? Brilliant. Fits perfectly with Mick's attitude being wakened. Bravo!

Mick is so interesting. Sometimes he really does feel older and more mature than Beth. Other times not so much. And I'm reminded again of my frustration with him. Here he holds her at arm's length with his words, while at the same time he's dizzy with his own attraction to and feelings for Beth. Though she's definitely attracted and drawn to this guy... why would she give Josh the boot? Mick gives her little reason to think there could be any future for the two of them. Oh, Mick.... :Mickangel:
Susie

Sometimes the past doesn't catch up with you, it haunts you.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

susieb wrote:You've picked up one of the things I most love about ML. Beth is not attracted to the vampire. She's attracted to Mick. She's not looking for a thrill or attracted to the danger of vampirism. Rather she is drawn like a moth to a flame to the "real" Mick. She is wholly, totally, accepting of what and who he is. As a vamp, has he encountered any other humans so accepting? I don't think so.
I don't think so either -- it would seem likely that every other human who found out what Mick was would have been either horrified by, or excessively attracted to, the vampire. Either way they wouldn't really have seen Mick himself. When Mick said that he hadn't been with a human woman since he'd been turned, I thought that might be the reason why.
susieb wrote:Mick is so interesting. Sometimes he really does feel older and more mature than Beth. Other times not so much.
That's so true! Emotionally, Mick does not seem to be any older than he looks, even though he's got quite a few more years of experience, and that shows up from time to time. The same seems to be true of all the vamps we saw. That discontinuity really does make things interesting.
susieb wrote:I found Mick's thoughts about the kiss(es) totally believable. His dream leading into Josef pounding on the freezer? Brilliant. Fits perfectly with Mick's attitude being wakened.
:biggrin: I'm glad you thought that! The more I watched the beginning of BC, the more convinced I was that something like that was going on. ;) Thanks Susie!
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Beth kissed me!
Beth kissed me!.......I could almost hear Mick saying that, or even better half-singing it in a tune, reminded me of highschool sweet hearts , who can't help themselves showing off how excited they get over an innocent kiss...and don't even know who to share their secret with.. I guess,as mortal men never reeeally grow up, with male vampires it HAS TO be the same..

Oh, Shadow, you should have somehow revealed it to Josef, I bet we would have all enjoyed the mockery of his...And the scene by the freezer, with the towel :snicker: , it all makes so much sense now...poor , embarassed Mick...
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

maggatha3 wrote:Beth kissed me!
Beth kissed me!.......I could almost hear Mick saying that, or even better half-singing it in a tune, reminded me of highschool sweet hearts , who can't help themselves showing off how excited they get over an innocent kiss...and don't even know who to share their secret with.. I guess,as mortal men never reeeally grow up, with male vampires it HAS TO be the same..

Oh, Shadow, you should have somehow revealed it to Josef, I bet we would have all enjoyed the mockery of his...And the scene by the freezer, with the towel :snicker: , it all makes so much sense now...poor , embarassed Mick...
As you can see, that is just what I imagined was going through Mick's head when Beth kissed him! The idea of him half-singing it is perfect. And with that smile at the end . . . he looked exactly to me like a teenager who was totally giddy over his first kiss. (I did think about revealing it all to Josef, but . . . I think Josef would have had a bit too much fun with that . . . ) Glad you liked the end too, and the way it fit the opening of the next episode! :devil:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

I am back, one episode every night... I do my best, you see? Is there a word "defenetrate'' in English? That is what my husband said he'll do to me if I keep moonlightaholicising(!!!!!!!!!!!)...you were absolutely right, Shadow.

Now, to commenting, I just got back to add only that up to now, in the previous in - betweens I found a lot in common between Mick and Elaine ( their love for their human beloved ones, their fear of how they would react when finding out about their true nature, even the fact that they both hated being vamps). In this episode, Elaine had an - almost - parallel to Beth : she was turned as a teen and Beth would have been turned as a child...jailed for ever in a very young age.

And , it feels that it must also be hard for a 17teen year old girl to handle life as a vamp, forever a teen...I mean as a human teen-girl you find human teen boys and soon it passes. But as a vamp teen...what good chances do you have of meeting another vamp teen..?
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

maggatha3 wrote:Is there a word "defenetrate'' in English? That is what my husband said he'll do to me if I keep moonlightaholicising(!!!!!!!!!!!)
Uh oh . . . there is "defenestrate" . . . gosh, I do hope your husband won't really decide to toss you out a window . . . ;)
Because I am sure you are not going to be giving up this new addiction so easily! I am delighted that you are continuing the nightly episode watching/reading despite the risks!
maggatha3 wrote:in the previous in - betweens I found a lot in common between Mick and Elaine ( their love for their human beloved ones, their fear of how they would react when finding out about their true nature, even the fact that they both hated being vamps). In this episode, Elaine had an - almost - parallel to Beth : she was turned as a teen and Beth would have been turned as a child...jailed for ever in a very young age.
That's really true in the way that Mick has been looking at things -- I think he usually is more likely to see the parallels between his life and Elaine's, and what they have in common, but when he thinks of her young age on turning he can't really help but be reminded of what almost happened to Beth. (And being Mick, he would dwell on having turned a kid . . . .)
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

More dreams - you give Mick *such* beautiful dreams, Shadow - lost loves, and a vision of a beautiful future.

So poignant; so amazing. You can feel the hope in Mick's heart.

And hear Josef banging on that damn freezer. :biggrin:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Now in this chapter, at least, I was actually aware of how important the dream sequences were! Maybe because they took up half the chapter this time . . . ;)

I just always had the feeling that Josef had woken Mick up from a really good dream. :happysigh:

Return to “In Between”