Trevor Munson's new agency

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Trevor Munson's new agency

Post by redwinter101 »

This article from DHD highlights the high profile new signings of literary agency Verve - including Trevor. Yay!!

http://www.deadline.com/2010/03/new-lit ... g-clients/

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Trevor Munson's new agency

Post by wpgrace »

Does this mean his Mick Book might get published?
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

wpgrace wrote:Does this mean his Mick Book might get published?
Wow! that would be cool, but even if not, this is still good for Trevor.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ooh--I hope he and they are very happy together, and that lots of new writing ensues...and that we get to read it. :teeth:

Not sure of the answer to your question, grace... but :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

wpgrace wrote:Does this mean his Mick Book might get published?
Man, I hope so. I'd LOVE to get a gander at the finished product.

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
eris
Sire

Post by eris »

I hate to be a downer, but most likely Trevor no longer owns the rights to his characters. Unless he had a seriously gifted agent who reserved the rights, they're now the property of Warner Brothers and trademarked by them. Unless he gets specific permission from WB he can't use them for books.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

He got the rights back.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
eris
Sire

Post by eris »

Lilly wrote:He got the rights back.

Cool. In that case, he should be good. :twothumbs:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

So if Trevor now has the rights back :chin: , that means there can't be a movie unless he signs the rights over again, doesn't it?

Which is, of course, one of the hanging hopes for ML fans... that some DAY there might be a movie. But it's looking like a no then?
Or is there some half-way agreement where he can publish a book and WB could still make a movie based on options they already own?

Not about campaigning, btw, I would not ever. Just a question.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

grace, I think the answer to that question is elefino. The "biz" is pretty darn complicated. I'm sure if TPTB wanted a movie to be made, getting the rights from Trevor would be the least of their problems.

Lucky
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I have no idea how that would effect the possibility for future for a Moonlight movie. I'm guessing they could have come to terms that would allow for both. For example, maybe Trevor got the rights to Mick Angel and WB got Mick St. John or something to that effect. :shrug: The legalities are so complicated, I can't hazard a guess.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
eris
Sire

Post by eris »

This is seriously good for Trevor. I did some Google-fu and it looks like Verve rose from the ashes of the William Morris / Endeavor merger. When WME merged, some of the heavy hitters chose to jump ship rather than get knocked down the line at a bigger agency. 3 of the big boys stared Verve as a joint venture. Adam Levine, Bryan Besser & Bill Weinstein.

These are seriously connected people who don't generally take on a literary personality unless they expect to be able to sell multi-media rights on the back side. Considering their other 1st acquisitions include recent Academy Award winners, it's heady company.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Thanks, eris -- that's great to hear. :twothumbs:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

I know that Trevor must be over the moon happy about getting the rights back to AofV! He's written two subsequent novels, both continuing the storyline of Mick Angel. Sorry, can't remember the titles for the two books, but both books start off with "Angel of....?". As for what this means for Moonlight, I too wouldn't even hazzard a guess, but I've got the think that there should be some concern, if only because while vastly different in tone and story, some of the same character names are in both the novel and the TV series. But again, who knows. The legalities of this thing must be a quite a tangled mess! :giggle: Just look how long it too Trevor to get the rights back to the book, and he's been trying since Moonlight was cancelled.
Beautiful banner and avatar by sirensong!
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

VAsusieQ18 wrote:I know that Trevor must be over the moon happy about getting the rights back to AofV! He's written two subsequent novels, both continuing the storyline of Mick Angel. Sorry, can't remember the titles for the two books, but both books start off with "Angel of....?". As for what this means for Moonlight, I too wouldn't even hazzard a guess, but I've got the think that there should be some concern, if only because while vastly different in tone and story, some of the same character names are in both the novel and the TV series. But again, who knows. The legalities of this thing must be a quite a tangled mess! :giggle: Just look how long it too Trevor to get the rights back to the book, and he's been trying since Moonlight was cancelled.
susie,

Was his first book published or was that held up because of Moonlight? I'd be really interested in reading it.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!

Return to “Trevor Munson - Moonlight's Creator”