Something is Lost (In Between 7 and 8, PG)

Shadow
Courtesan

Re: Something is Lost (In Between 7 and 8, PG)

Post by Shadow »

susieb wrote:In some way I think this might be my favorite In Between so far. I always find it jarring... the end of ep 7 and beginning of ep 8 in terms of Mick/Beth.
Thanks Susie!-- this one was definitely one of the most jarring intervals for me too, even though I didn't find it nearly as strange as the next one. ;)
susieb wrote:Shadow, your vampspam from Logan and the emails from Nigerian vampires who can't access their bloodbanks... :coffee: Loved this!
I'm awfully glad you liked that bit . . . I couldn't resist . . . :devil:
susieb wrote:of course, Mick has never told Elaine the whole story of her turning. A theme of his life: withholding information.
Gosh but that's true . . . he's keeping things from everyone, really. It seems a fundamental part of his nature -- rather like Beth not being able to stay in the car --
susieb wrote:Also with Beth's adult taste in art and the touching scene when Mick pulls over the car after rescuing her.
I couldn't help wondering if there was a story behind all those ducks in her apartment!

Thanks so much for the wonderful comment, Susie. I'm glad you had a chance to come back by here.
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Here I go again, with my night ritual, one episode, one in between.

The Ringer was an episode I had loved and hated at the same time. I mean just as they started to find each other, she Had to appear, whether Coraline or Morgan. And still, after all this time , after all she had done , he cannot help himself in front of her. He had to let it to Beth that he wanted for her to be Coraline...that manipulative bitch (ooooops!sorry, I am not) who under-estimated him, used and abused him, never appreciating his love, his passion, his devotion ( I mean 33 years, come on)

I really do not know what I had expected from this In between. It had surprised me to see Beth in his office , asking for help in the next episode. But I know what I wanted the In between to be. I wanted him to suffer, to regret hurting Beth over Cora. And you chose the phonecall torture, fine with me. Nothing worse that being hung over a phone, expecting a call or an email that never ever ever comes.( experience talking here, bliaax)

And he had the face to finally go to her door , and explain himself. Beth was taught well by Josh, it was quite an interrogation there for him to undergo and me to enjoy. I really loved the way you handled their dialogue, fast short questions, fast short answers as well.

Oh, and so as not to quote the in between entirely, the details I loved:
4-year-old Beth, kidnapped, scared, still in the hands of a stranger, far from home, yet..she will not stay in the car waiting, as advised, ha!
And another parallel ( I so love your parallels). He had kept her hair, she had kept the silver bullets, both to be reminded that they had killed somebody for the sake of someone they wanted to save.

I quite realise I am gonna be like that till the last In between :thud: My Sire

And, I really wonder how much better it could have been, had it been you behind the script of ML all the way :rose:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Welcome back again, Maggatha! On this one I had that same feeling you did about episode 8 -- why did Beth just show up in his office asking for help as if the previous episode hadn't happened? I thought it would have made sense, though, if they'd had a real discussion about those issues sometime before ep 8 started, so decided to put it in here.
maggatha3 wrote:And he had the face to finally go to her door , and explain himself. Beth was taught well by Josh, it was quite an interrogation there for him to undergo and me to enjoy. I really loved the way you handled their dialogue, fast short questions, fast short answers as well.
After the way Mick "explained" things to Beth at the end of ep 7, it was pretty to easy to imagine her grilling him properly here!
maggatha3 wrote:And, I really wonder how much better it could have been, had it been you behind the script of ML all the way
:thud:Wow . . . maggatha, you do know how to give a fine compliment . . .
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

I think the thing I love most about this series is that each story isn't just a link from one episode to the next - you're filling in the blanks of the whole show. Everything that we missed or was skipped over or we yearned to see more of is here.

The tenderness between Mick and Coraline; the complexity of his love for her; the impact on Beth of having killed Spaulding - as well as all the beautiful, pitch-perfect character notes throughout.

These wonderful characters deserve to have their stories told - and I'm so, so grateful to you for telling them so beautifully.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

redwinter101 wrote:I think the thing I love most about this series is that each story isn't just a link from one episode to the next - you're filling in the blanks of the whole show. Everything that we missed or was skipped over or we yearned to see more of is here.
That's such a lovely comment, Red . . .

I'm sure I didn't come close to filling them all in :teeth:, but starting with Fever it did seem awfully needful to cover more than just the intervals. . . . .
and at least fill in the missing parts that bothered me the most!

Somehow it seems that the best episodes were actually missing the most . . .maybe because they were so good one couldn't really help longing for more.
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

Shadow ~ This was another amazing chapter! :rose:
all the mail from Nigerian vampires who couldn’t access their blood banks
:coffee:

I love how you created a human background for Coraline. Unfortunately, her story is a sad one. :Mickangel: I've always felt badly for Coraline. She's seemed to have had a tough life. I can't stop thinking of little Minette... :hankie:

The mention of the ring was great. I wonder who it used to belong to... Maybe Tyler? :chin:

So Mick sired Elaine, but she had already been drained of blood. I can't wait to hear the rest of the story!
“I found out that she was going to kill someone,” Mick said. He looked up at Beth, saw her staring back at him with those wide eyes, so much the same as her eyes had been as a child. As if she could see into his very soul. “Someone that I -- ” He couldn’t say, to Beth, she was about to kill you.
“To remind me of why I did it.” She took a deep breath. “To remind me of why I killed a man. I need to remember that I did it to save someone, someone I -- ”
Neither Beth nor Mick is ready to admit their feelings to one another (or, perhaps, to themselves). I really liked how they both kept mementos to remind them of their actions (Beth - the bullets, Mick - Beth's hair). :melts: :happysigh:

Thank you, Shadow! :hearts:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Hi Marigold!

I couldn't resist putting in a little more vampspam from Logan . . . glad you liked that!

I didn't think Mick could have loved Coraline and been so drawn to her unless there had been some real depth to their relationship . . . and this seemed the perfect interval to go into that. Something about Coraline always did make me think she'd had a hard life . . .

I think you're right about Mick and Beth's feelings . . . they're not even quite ready to admit them to themselves, much less to each other. At least not yet!

Thanks so much - what a wonderful comment! :smooch:

Return to “In Between”