Help! How the $@!#% do I play using these bingo cards?

HotMicks
Ancient

Help! How the $@!#% do I play using these bingo cards?

Post by HotMicks »

General "instructions"
For the "online" bingo while the show is airing on CW, just play whenever you want to and, if you feel like it, post your "winning" card here (once you get any straight-line bingo). The game is really simple: When you see the item on the bingo card appear during the episode, mark that spot on your bingo card. See Red's excellent first post in the NSTAV topic for more info: viewtopic.php?f=745&t=6483.

Otherwise, do whatever you want with these cards - use 'em to coerce your kids into watching the show with you; use 'em for dart practice; go on a scavenger hunt to track down every single spot... :rolling: . Just please don't repost them on another board, since MLA is my ML home and I'd prefer they stay here. :ghug:

COMPUTER NEWBY EASY-TO-FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS

So, if you're a computer newby (no big deal, we all were at one time :laugh: ), here's how you can "get" the cards from MLA to play the game:

How to Print and Play on Paper

If you haven't yet mastered the art of copying images to your hard drive/jump drive, and would find it easier to save and print the bingo cards to play on paper, here is the VERY easy way to do so:

1) Move your mouse pointer over the image (the bingo card image in my post)
2) PC: right-click on the image and select "save as" or "save image/picture as" or something like that... sorry, haven't been a PC person in years)
MAC: Control-click (simultaneously press the CONTROL key and mouse button) on the image and select "save image as".
3) You will get a dialog box allowing you to rename the file and select where to save it on your hard drive/jump drive (make a mental note of the file name and location, so you can find it on your hard drive/jump drive).
4) Open the image in any image viewing program (try double-clicking or right-clicking/control-clicking and choose "open with").
5) Print.

It's that easy, and BONUS: you can use this same trick to save your favorite pics of Mick/Josef/Coraline/Beth/Alex/Jason/Shannon/Sophia in any of the other threads on this board!

How to Play Online

If anyone wants to play but doesn't have the means to print out the bingo cards, here's how I play online (these are two different Web sites that do the same thing essentially, so just pick whichever you prefer... picnik will give you a larger image of the bingo card to work with):

Picnik:
1) If you haven't yet mastered the art of copying images to your hard drive/jump drive, follow the instructions above to save the image to your hard drive/jump drive.
2) Upload that JPEG of the bingo card to:
http://www.picnik.com/
(it's free and you don't have to register as long as you don't use any of the stickers marked "premium")
3) Click on the "create" tab up in the green grass at the top of the page.
4) Click on the "stickers" tab in the top of the white area above the image.
5) Enlarge the image using the sliders in the bottom right of the page. Make it so the top and bottom rows of the bingo card just barely show (this will make sure the stickers are the correct size in the next step).
6) Use one of the stickers in the menu on the left to mark your bingo card (the "romance" ones are good - they're in the miscellaneous menu if you click on the little triangle to right right of "miscellaneous"). Just put your mouse over top of the pink heart and click-and-hold-down the mouse button and drag the heart over to appropriate spot on the bingo card.
7) When you're done, click the "save and share" tab in the green grass at the top of the page, and click on the "save" button, then pick a name and where to save it.
8) After it saves the image, just click "close picture".

Pizap:
1) If you haven't yet mastered the art of copying images to your hard drive/jump drive, follow the instructions above to save the image to your hard drive/jump drive.
2) Upload that JPEG of the bingo card to:
http://www.pizap.com/
(it's free and you don't have to register)
3) Pick the "stickers" menu (click on the yellow star/red heart icons to the right of your bingo card image).
4) Use one of the stickers to mark your bingo card (I've been using the yellow star). Just put your mouse over top of the yellow star and click-and-hold-down the mouse button and drag the star over to appropriate spot on the bingo card.
5) When you're done, click the "save" icon (the "floppy disk" above your bingo card) and click on the grey circle to the right of "private" (so that you're not "publishing" your image on the internet).
6) After it saves and re-draws the image, just click on the download button. This will let you choose where on your hard drive/jump drive to save your "marked" bingo card.

Of course, if you have photoediting software or something like that on your hard drive, you could just open the bingo card JPEG in that and use that software to mark your card.

If you want to post your winning bingo card image on MLA

1) Upload this image to Photobucket any other image storing Web site.
2) Copy the little code it gives you for the image (on Photobucket, it's the "IMG Code" listed under the image).
3) Click "reply" in the bingo thread here on MLA and paste that code into the window that opens.
4) Click "submit" underneath this message window.

Alternately, you can upload the image directly from your hard drive by clicking on the "reply" button at the bottom of any of the bingo card threads and then scrolling down below the message window and attaching the file by clicking on the "browse" button and finding the file on your hard drive/jump drive. Be sure to click the "add the file" button next to the file comment window. However, I believe this stores the image on the MLA host site and thus "uses up" MLA's storage space, so I believe the proper 'net etiquette is to use a site such as Photobucket, since that then stores the image on that web site.

Enjoy! :flowers:

p.s. As I'm composing this, I'm watching World Cup... USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! :yahoo:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Re: Help! How the $@!#% do I play using these bingo cards?

Post by Phoenix »

Thanks HotMicks, for both the cards and the excellent instructions. :rose:

And I'm very happy that this board is your ML home, and I hope it continues to be for years to come. :friends:
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Help! How the $@!#% do I play using these bingo cards?

Post by redwinter101 »

:bump:

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson

Return to “Moonlight Bingo”