When Beth Met Carl - "Saving Shi" PG 13 Pairing Shi/Carl

A place for jen's G to PG-13 stories
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: When Beth Met Carl - "Saving Shi" PG 13

Post by cassysj »

I really like this take on how Beth met Carl. I also love that her guardian angel took care of business.

Beth is very much the Beth we met in the first episode and Mick never stopped protecting her.

I have to say if I was Shi I would definitely go to a different college.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Thank you so much for reading and for the kind words! Somehow, Beth got a guardian angel complex--and who can blame her.

Judging from Carl's words to Beth in NSTAV, I think he had second thoughts, but a that moment, he was just relieved to have the woman he loved safe.

Thanks again!

Jenna

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
darkstarrising wrote:Hi Jen :hug:

this is quite an imaginative and enjoyable take on how Beth met Carl. She helped someone in need, just as she was helped once. She knows she was kidnapped, and her mother tells her about a PI that saved her, but somehow, she knows he was something special, even then.

I have to wonder though, if Carl ever regretted telling her
"If you ever need a contact in Campus Security or the police department, I‘m your man.”
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Cassysj

Definitely, unless her sweetie stays in L.A., in which case I suspect she will be staying local.

Thank you for reading!!!

Jenna

jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Francis

You brought up a very interesting point--did anyone else ever get 'caught up in the fallout' of Mick saving Beth--rescuing them, too, just by their being in the same situation. I would suspect that it happened on multiple occasions, but that is just my guess. In this instance alone, not only Shi was saved, but any future victims of the killer owe their lives to a watchful, fanged guardian angel.

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! I suspect that Beth got a bit of a complex from being saved. If she was a shy, retiring little thing who never took chances, Mick would not have had much to do, but Beth Turner showed us that she was fearless and didn't think anything about walking into danger. Kep Mick busy.

Thanks again!

Jenna

francis wrote:Great story! So this is how they met. Very believable and sweet, and totally in character. Beth really had no sense of self-preservation, maybe due to the fact that she had a guardian angel. And this time the angel saved another one, too, and solved the problem of a serial killer. Now Carl and the police won't have a chance to close this case, but another monster is off the street.
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Post by jenstc2003 »

Oh I like this!! It's a very realistic way for them to have met, given the way things happen in the future, and it explains so many things. It's also beautifully written!
Jen

Mick's Synful One
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Thank you so much, Jen!

I have a lot to learn about this writing stuff, but it is lots of fun and a little scarey.

You are very kind to read and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say.

Jenna

maggatha3
Ancient

Re: When Beth Met Carl - "Saving Shi" PG 13 Pairing Shi/Ca

Post by maggatha3 »

Whaat??Really? Beth is not '' a thrill seeking danger junkie''? I would have guessed differently, but then, maybe it is only me :snicker:
"everybody's mom says the have no common sense" but my mum did not hire a certain PI to look for me..and then look after me for decades to come :hyper:
In a way, this was a soothing and comforting story, Jen, maybe not for Carl's girlfriend but surely for me...He was up the roof watching, that is always enough!
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Maggatha :wave:

Beth likes to live really close to the edge of that thrill seeking danger junkie, but just as she told Mick that being a vampire isn't all he is, thinking that she is invincible because some unseen force is shielding her from danger isn't all she is, either.

Thanks for reading and commenting!!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

An interesting take on how they met, jen. Well done. :clapping:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Coco

Thank you so much for reading and commenting.

Jenna

Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

Oh, Jenna, I love this! :rose: :clapping:

Your characterization of Beth is excellent. As usual, she was in the right place at the right time, and was able to help someone. She is very brave and independent, and is able to act fearlessly because she knows that she has a guardian angel watching over her. :cloud9:

Your explanation of how Beth and Carl met is great, and very believable. I wonder if Beth and Shi are still in touch...

Thank you! :hearts: This was lovely!
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Marigold

Thank you so much for reading this. I think this is the very first fanfic I ever wrote and was scared to death about posting but you have all been so very nice!

Initially, I planned to continue the characters, but I find that is generally the case in a lot of my fanfic. The characters nag at me, as if there is more of their story to be told but life gets in the way. Thanks for the expression of interest. When someone says they are interested, it builds a fire under a writer (well, sort of. You know what I mean :snicker: )

Thanks again for the lovely comment!

Jenna

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I love revisiting old challenges. This is such a believable way for Beth and Carl to meet. Shi was lucky Beth has a guardian angel.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Carol

If it isn't the first thing I ever posted, it's close. I was trying to show that Beth had a bit of the guardian angel instinct herself, and stepped easily into that role. Maybe dangerously easily. Also, Beth had a degree of protection that most people don't and at some level, she sensed it and came to depend on it. I think it shaped the woman she became to some degree.

When Beth saw photos of herself as a child in the folder in Mick's office (in 12:04) and put the pieces together that he had watched over her growing up, she was initially shocked but by the time they spoke on the roof at the end of the episode, she had put all the pieces together in the right order.

Being a rescuer in return came naturally to her by then.

Thanks again for reading!

Jenna

Return to “jen's Office”