Fall of Empires (J/M slash PG-13)

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Fall of Empires (J/M slash PG-13)

Post by librarian_7 »

A/N: This brief piece was written in response to a challenge on ML4E to write a pairing one wouldn't otherwise attempt...it is slash, but it's very non-graphic. Proceed at your own risk.

Fall of Empires

Had we but world enough, and time,
This coyness, lady, were no crime….
My vegetable love should grow
Vaster than empires, and more slow.
--Andrew Marvell, “To His Coy Mistress.”

http://www.luminarium.org/sevenlit/marvell/coy.htm

Josef leaned back against the headboard of the bed, hands linked behind his neck, and regarded the long, lean form stretched out beside him, face down and still as death. He felt, for the first time in a long while, replete, satiated. The natural olive skin of the arm laid across his torso, even after all this time in the dark, was almost dusky in comparison with the white of his own belly.

He had been patient. No man on the face of the earth could say he had not been patient. The patience of a saint, he’d had, although no one who knew him would ever dare to accuse Josef Kostan of any manner of saintliness. But in the course of 500 years, give or take, you either learn patience or madness.

He had decided, long ago, what he wanted, and based on his desires, through his long life, empires had risen and fallen, wars had begun and cities had been built. That he should get what he wanted was in its own way inevitable, but this had taken longer than he had ever foreseen.

He shifted slightly, smiling at the ruin of the bedclothes that lay twisted and stained with blood and other fluids. When they had come together, finally, it had not been pretty. No, not pretty, but it had held a sort of savage, epic, grandeur that had sent both their souls screaming into the ether with the transcendence of their release.

He reached down and brushed the detritus of dried blood from his chest. The damages they had inflicted upon each other were healed now, the skin below perfect and unmarked, although Josef thought he would bear the painful pleasure of those tokens of passion with him invisibly for the remainder of his existence.

As the night’s blackness faded to the gray of pre-dawn, his at-long-last lover stirred beside him, lifting his hazel eyes to Josef’s whiskey brown gaze. Josef thought he’d never seen those eyes so filled with peace before, and the beloved mouth, that by all rights should be bruised and swollen, was smiling, beautiful, and strong.

“Again, Josef?” Mick asked, his face illuminated by the dawn.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Fall of Empires (J/M slash PG-13)

Post by cassysj »

I love this! I'm in slash heaven with Emerald. I also think the title is perfect.
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

I read this before and just had to read it again. I loved this piece!! :mrgreen:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

He shifted slightly, smiling at the ruin of the bedclothes that lay twisted and stained with blood and other fluids. When they had come together, finally, it had not been pretty. No, not pretty, but it had held a sort of savage, epic, grandeur that had sent both their souls screaming into the ether with the transcendence of their release.
What a gorgeous paragraph Lucky. :biggrin:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

cassy, coco, M_V, it's been a really long time since you left comments on this...please let me offer a belated thank you for the comments!

Lucky
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

This is a lovely little peek into Josef's psyche, Lucky
The patience of a saint, he’d had, although no one who knew him would ever dare to accuse Josef Kostan of any manner of saintliness. But in the course of 500 years, give or take, you either learn patience or madness.
and in Josef's case, patience also means survival. But without understanding his patience, this next line could be taken as arrogance, but it's not.
That he should get what he wanted was in its own way inevitable, but this had taken longer than he had ever foreseen.
Good things come to those who wait.....
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
one.zebra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by one.zebra »

Dang...1z's tongue stuck ..from licking the computer screen..knew that was going to happen one of these days... :thud:
Banner and avatar by Twilightdew!

Travelling 33rpm in an iPod world
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Wow, Lucky, that's an intense story! I loved Josef's musings about the inevitability of the event...and the need for patience. And once again, your descriptions of the environment bring me right into the action. I could see it all...the twisted bedclothes, the different skin tones, the flakes of dried blood.

And how cool that it totally fits the theme of the challenge. I didn't know you were psychic... :laugh:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

The great Luckiella sees all, knows all....now where's my turban?

Seriously, though, thanks, Alle. You know, this sounds funny, but when I first wrote this, I was so nervous about posting it. I actually ran it by a couple of people, first, and they told me I'd be crazy not to post.

So it's lovely to hear praise for it.

Lucky
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

Nicely done! :flowers: I can totally see Josef and Mick having an experience like this one. Very passionate, and holding nothing back. The imagery of this story is very effective.
librarian_7 wrote:Josef thought he’d never seen those eyes so filled with peace before, and the beloved mouth, that by all rights should be bruised and swollen, was smiling, beautiful, and strong.
Lovely. :cloud9:

Thank you, Lucky! :rose:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Just revisiting old challenges. Very intense story.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

cassy, if only you knew how I agonized over posting this story! I wasn't sure it should see the light of day. But on the whole, I'm glad I got brave enough to post it!

Return to “Drabbles and Short Pieces”