Hot and Cold (PG-13, Mick, Champagne Challenge #124)

A place for Allegrita's G to PG-13 stories
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Hot and Cold (PG-13, Mick, Champagne Challenge #124)

Post by allegrita »

Carol and Marigold, thank you so much! I do like the way that hot and cold worked in this story. This was one of those times when I went into the process of writing with one idea, and the story made me reconsider partway through--and the end result was much better than it would have been had I followed my original idea. The contrast between hot and cold, and the way they kind of switched meanings for Mick after he was turned, was touched on by Jill Blotevogel in Mick's voiceover in Fever... I was able to expand on that in this story and I'm very glad you liked the way it turned out. :ghug:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This is so interesting!

Hot and Cold are completely different from what they once were to Mick. The intense cold of a freezer is comforting, restful and provides a refuge. The warmth of a sunny day almost killed him.

Leni had no idea how much danger she was in. Mick didn't want to hurt her, but at some point what he wanted wouldn't matter any longer. His survival instincts would take over.

Thank you

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Alex's portrayal of Mick in this scene showed us what he was going through, but you added such a wonderful extra dimension to Mick's predicament! I was stumbling right along with him as his mind raced and his body gave out on him.

Loved the reread! :reading:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Thank you so much, MLC! This story didn't come easily, it was kind of a fight to get it to say what I wanted it to say. But I'm happy with the way it turned out. :yes:

I do love to go back and reread all the stories from a Challenge. Our writers found so many different ways to interpret the Challenge prompts. :hearts:
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Alle this was fantastic! You feel like you're right there with them walking through the sweltering sun. Poor Mick! Trying to hold back his hunger all the while keeping Leni safe. :heart:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Aww, thanks Ella! I'm so glad you liked it. :hug:

Return to “Allegrita's Office”