Moving Up in the World - (Fic Challenge #101) PG-13

A place for PNWgal's G to PG-13 stories
starbucksjunkie
Logan's WoW nemesis
Location: Home drinking my own Starbucks and watching my DVDs. There's a recession on!

Re: Moving Up in the World - (Fic Challenge #101) PG-13

Post by starbucksjunkie »

Hee. Just lovely.

I, too love a good backstory. And I can so see this happening.

Early Crappy Office. Heh. :lol:

"There is a degree to which . . . all literature, highbrow or low, from the Aeneid onward, is fan fiction . . . retelling and reimagining the stories that were told before us and that we have come of age loving--amateurs--we proceed, seeking out the blank places in the map that our favorite writers . . . have left for us . . ." -- Michael Chabon, Maps and Legends
one.zebra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by one.zebra »

Such a cool building. Shoulda known Josef was behind it! Perfect timing of the infamous phone call..'My daughter's missing..'.
Banner and avatar by Twilightdew!

Travelling 33rpm in an iPod world
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Had to re-read this morning... in the mood for a little Mick and Josef moment... and this one is sooooo satisfying... :thumbs:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

Just poking in for a quick re-read. This one makes me chuckle. Fun and so well written.
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
janicevictoria
Fledgling

Post by janicevictoria »

Great back story on Mick's fabulous penthouse home. I love that Josef found it for him and pushed him into making a move out of his state of melancholy- good friend that. :snicker:
I like how you ended the story with the phone call from Beth's mother- very nice touch, PNWgal!

Thanks to Pinkiepie for my lovely banner
Kelly
Rogue vampire
Location: Lost in a daydream...I think Alex is in here somewhere too.

Post by Kelly »

What an wonderful, interesting, and unique oneshot! This was amazing! And I loved how it connected to his rescuing Beth.

VERY well done! :clapping:
Thanks SirenSong for the gorgeous MickCora tag

"Life is measured not by the number of breaths you take,
but rather by the number of moments that take your breath away.
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Love the banter between the guys. It highlights their unique views as well as their underlying sense of brotherhood. What a warm friendship vignette.

Something about this exchange just made me smile.
PNWgal wrote:"Voila!" Josef stepped out of the back of the Town Car and swept his arm towards the building in a regal gesture. Mick slowly climbed out of the other side of the car and squinted through his sunglasses at the sand-colored building in front of him.

"It's a building." Mick's voice was flat. "I assume you own it."

"In a manner of speaking, yes." Josef laid a hand on the building's warm surface and smiled. "What do you think?"

"You dragged me out here in the sun to look at some old building you bought? Jesus, Josef..." Mick shook his head, then tilted it up and looked up at the building's top. The gargoyles are kinda cool, though...
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

I love every word of this PNW. It is such a beautiful example of the bond Mick & Josef have with each other.
Mick rested his hands on his hips and looked down at the polished hardwood beneath his boots. Josef was right - this WAS his chance to start fresh. He lifted his head and held his hand out to his best friend.

"Thanks, man...thanks for this."

Josef clasped Mick's hand warmly and gave him one of his rare genuine smiles. "You are most welcome, my friend. I'm just happy I won't have to dry clean my clothes after a visit to your home in the future." As the phone on Mick's new desk started to ring, Mick quirked his brow at Josef.
Just wonderful :D
Last edited by coco on Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Well we're movin on up,
To the East Side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up,
To the East Side.
We finally got a piece of the pie.

(okay, it's downtown, not the East Side, but just the same... :snicker: )

Thanks for filling in that blank, PNWgal. And I agree, "Early Crappy Office" should go down in the annals as one of the best snarky remarks. Geez, I'm beginning to wonder if Mick is like the vampire version of those Catholics that flagellate themselves (can't remember what they're called -- like the guy in Da Vinci Code). I can totally see him "punishing" himself by living in a dump. Thank Bob for Josef dragging him out of there. :pinklol:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

PNW, I read this story because it was referenced in the Coffee House discussions. I am glad I did. This was wonderful! I can definitely see this happening. I, too, love Mick's and Josef's friendship. It is so warm for two such cold people. :snicker:
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

PNW, I came over from the Coffee House...I love your stuff so much, I like to hold a few in reserve for special times, and I hadn't read this one.

It rings so very true...so very true.

Great job! (Although I'm not sure Mick could throw Josef's Armani-covered ass out of anywhere, unless Josef let him.)

Lucky
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

So lovely to come back for a re-read. I really do love this - there is just so much warmth and affection - it's fantastic and beautiful.

Still ADORE the ending too - a wonderful circle.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
greenleaf9
Rogue vampire

Post by greenleaf9 »

Hi PNW! :smooch:

Saw this in the coffee house discussion...Had to read it, since it's you...I LOVE this...how cool is it that Josef sets up the FOS for Mick? And the little reference to Beth at the end tied the whole story together...Mick IS going to start a new life here.

You constantly amaze me with your writing talents. I'm so glad we have you writing for the fandom. I adore your style, and your stories.

*Hugs* :hug:
Banner created by the lovely RedNightBird.

"...The moon's an arrant thief, and her pale fire fire she snatches from the sun..." ~William Shakespeare

Better Safe Than Staked.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I've been sent by the Coffee House. This was incredible! Josef/Mick interaction was perfect! Also, Mick's new place, new life and that is the day Beth enters his life. Wow!!!!
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Love this testament to friendship. (And I will tell you right now how much I adore and value yours)

I love the look back, which brings us all forward. Your Josef is perfection, and the fact that he doesn't go all "Kostan" with the decorating, is another nod towards his respect and devotion to Mick. He gives Mick a new office, but keeps it from looking like a Josef place, and maintains the St. John feel in the new place. It's not often enough that we get to see a well written historical Mick fic, thank goodness we have you to continually supply us with them. :heart:

Return to “PNWgal's Office”